Creative Writing Sweet Afton

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Ashika, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I have NEVER written poetry. :shy: For English next year I need to read the Tale of Two Cities, and write some form of peotry. It is not in poetry form, but, I like it the way it is. It seems so different from others have posted, but im not in the mood for despair and lonlieness today. I was in the mood for dreams. So don't be harsh you meanies! :p Let the creative critisism begin!:D

Dear Kamen:

What is a rose, but a piece of a river? A river that flows through our souls as it calms us, and calls us to the River of Afton. Disturb not my dreams, for my heart has been shaken. Flow gently down, out the hidden river through the enchanted valley of new life. The murmuring stream lulls us into a seductively intriguing world of beauty. Bounced off of whose echo resounds in the glen, the blackbird flies forward, through the neighbors’ valleys. Awake us you do not dare. For we are the sheep in the meadows, and the fish in the creek, and the melody of the violins that resonates over our hills of grace. And the gathering of our flowers leads us to the path of sanctifying grace that awaits us. Flow gently sweet river and put wary rabbits under with the murmuring braes. Tend my wounds, my heart, for I was only showing my love to you in the only way I can. Pull me into your embrace and with your nearness make me shiver from resignation of my life as it is now.

I look into the encirclement of the rich night around me and wait for your call. The sound of the whippoorwill to begin. You sit watching and waiting for me to venture out into the world of doubt that you stepped into before I dared, so that you can show me what the darkness outside holds when there are two of us looking.

Let the River of Afton sweep you away, and I disturb not your dreams.​

-Ashika: Your day will come when the flocks of ferrets take over the BM9.

2. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I found it very pleasing to me. Sure its not emotional or really dark but it just got you to think of some things. Like the few last sentences, it was a little dark but the little thing about dreams was kind of pleasing to me. Good work! :D