Television Teen Titans: Slade? Who is he.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Feb 21, 2006.

?

Who is he

1. Bruce Wayne

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Other

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Some dead Guy

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Well im kind of lost on slade as a couple people i know said that they think hes Bruce Wayne
    And As FR said in a diff forum hes a guy that ravens dad revived but when did he revive and who killed him. I thought the TTs killed him in the first season but i could be wrong and he could have been dead before teh show started
    I also wouldent understand why bruce wayne would do that. but if u recall a episode where robin was being that X dood and he fought slade one on one in the end there was a big Sign they were fighting in front of that said Wayne.. Is that coincidence or no?
    So what are your thoughts?

2. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I think he's Bruce Wayne as well. Why else would he be so interested in Robin? Answer me that.

3. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, THAT answers the question. But I still don't see why when Robin broke his mask they decided to make his face a shadow.
    There's not much really a spoiler since it's a really old episode.

Slade comes back to life because of Raven's father, nicknamed Scath. For the time being, he carries the mark of Scath as long as he remains on Earth. In the end, his side is kinda unknown, ever since that last part in the episode....

EDIT:I forgot to mention, Slade 'died' in the first place due to Terra's inmense usage of power in the volcano a bit after she was 'evil'. I'm still in kinda in a cliffhange about the whole Terra thing though. There's the episode that 'the girl that looks like Terra' is there when Terra's body is missing from inside the volcano. But she says she doesn't remember anything. Was Slade really right about her not wanting to remember? Who knows....and cares...

-Seishin

5. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

For a while I figured Slade was Robin's father since Slade's hair looked similar to Robin's when Robin broke part of his mask off.

6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

he is a devil...I mean he fell in LAVA for petes sake...what does it take to kill this guy...

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I say....a lot of hot chicks...yeah...and a car so he could leave.

Maybe in an isolated planet or something.

But that's the good part about Slade, he never dies, and he's cool.

-Seishin

8. Fushigi Rockna

Hey, I don't even watch TT at all really, but my brother does and those episodes (in fact ALL the episodes) have re-ran so many times on Canadian channels (YTV to be exact) I don't know which is old or which is relatively new. ('course they're all old but ya know...)
    That was basically all i gathered from those episodes being on all the time.

I doubt it's Bruce Wayne tho. Because one thing I do know is that DC soemtimes like to connect all their shows.
    And they use(d) Static Shock to connect them all.
    The Justice League arrived, then Batman got Static's help again in one episode and when Static asked 'where's Robin?' Batman says 'With the Titans.'
    Static: The who?!
    Batman: You'll meet them soon enough.
    And then Static went into the world of Batman Beyond (?) where Bruce is STILL ALIVE and what not, and the Justice League is still around.
    Hence through Static Shock, DC (or whoever is animating DC comics) tied all their shows together.
    So i would say that bruce wayne is still alive because of the Batman beyond Static episode, hence why Slade is not Bruce.

No, my money's on Slade being some important figure in history....Cause they don't seem to state what time period his bones came from....
    But since I don't crae much abotu TT all i can say is: it better not be Alexander the Great or else I'm gonna pummel someone (tho it's safe to say it's not XD)

9. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Did anyone else forsee this?

to say linking them..My God they link them to everything.

But seroiusly this kinda side swiped me when i seen this. I always thought it was Bruce Wayne to be honest because of his voice. but meh

1 person likes this.
  10. Fudge_Monkeys

errrrrr. its kind of hard for me to see TT tieing in with JL static Batman at all if you think bout it the TT animation its more funky.. if you get what i mean. its diffrent from JL Static And Batman.

11. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Did anybody go to the link I gave? It actually states who slade is. It tells the history and ect.. about him and the Titan.

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

We all did, but we're just discussing other facts told and relations. Maybe it was changed for Teen Titans, maybe it wasn't...who knows...

-Seishin

13. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I highly doubt that. DC has a tendency to stick to the facts of the characters

14. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

We'll just have to wait and see if they'll reveal it, which I doubt they'll do. As for the linking thing, I think I'm gonna have to pay close attention, that I am.

15. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

slade? oh he's probably robins dad 10 times removed or something, it's usually always something like that anyway.

16. Fushigi Rockna

They can still link it (in fact they DID). They just all won't show up in eahc other's shows that's all.

In afct from what i know, all the other Titans did appear in DC comics (except one I think that my friend told me about...I don't remember which)

And to further the connection of DC creations, there was even an episode of TT where Star fire went to the future and met Robin's fututre self...let's see if i cna remember his name...Night Hawk right? Well even THAT was a DC comic, from what i understand.

Marvel does it too. Not that there's anything wrong with linking all your stories together, a bucnh of manga-ka do it in Japan, but rather discreetly. Hell...even Final Fantasy, which is supposed to be new story after new story, gave a hint in X-2 that they all might actually be linked after all (the scene where Shinra talks about the energy in that....dead place... X_x [Been to long it's F-something ><...] and a way to harnest it...and it's making it sound ALOT like mako energy...*ahem*)

i didn't click the link because I honestly don't care abotu who he was/is XD I only continue posting here though because I find the discussion interesting X3

17. Fudge_Monkeys

If you watch tonights episode of JL than these might be a connection between JL and TT Speedy comes in to the episode of JL but he looks older than in TT

18. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Yeah I just saw it and I was gonna post about it but I decide not to. Since they put him in there, I wonder when all of the other heroes from TT are gonna show up.

19. Fudge_Monkeys

who knows infact they might not maybe robin will Speedy was the sidekick of that one guy so they jsu added him in for fun.

Is it me or did Speedy Seem older And Buffer?

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Ok, something like Teen Titans, which is a tv show, should be in television, not rec. Moved.