Square Enix That monster ..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Zanza, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

That monster in FFX ..

Help me out here, will you, please?
    There is this monster that flys in the airship stage .. I dont remember its name cuz the last time I played against it was like more than 1 week .. !

His name starts with "A" and i tried to beat him more than 20 times ! And I highed up my players level .. and no matter what they die .. :(

How can I beat him ?! He is driving me insane !!

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Are you talking about the Evrae? That big flying, ugly, snake thing? I don't know the *exact* strategy to beat him easily, but I'll give you what I have used. Firstly, my party consisted of Rikku, Tidus, and Lulu. Haste all of them. Then cast slow on Evrae. Then bring in Yuna to caste Protect on Tidus and Rikku. If Tidus or Rikku is hasted, switch one for Wakka and attack once, or Trigger the Pull back command. After pulling back, burn the guy with Aeon's and Lulu's magic, and try to keep him far away until you see Cid in the CTB window...because doing so will make Brother launch a whole volley of missles at him! :D Rinse and repeat. Main thing is to keep either Tidus or Rikku in because they're the only ones capable of moving the airship. I don't know if Shiva's or Valefor's Delay (Sonic Wings/Heavenly Strike) attack will work on it, but you can try since they move is quick with recovery.

If that doesn't work, run around the airship decks by the second save sphere...that way you can gain a whole bunch of levels before the fight.

Err, forgot to mention, another added bonus of flying away from Evrae is that it doesn't hit you with it's Poison Breath attack from that far.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

the first time I died, but the second time, I didn't use any of the commands, the Evrae was far way the whole time, and I forgot to use the missiles, and I won. I believe Lulu had doublecast Ultima at this time, but Rikku was a key player in using al-bhed potions. I didn't have haste at this time or slow and didnt use protect so you can win without those. its just strategy, get some magic shots in their. good luck :)

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Wow, you had Ultima and Doublecast before Haste and Protect!? Must have taken a lot of hard work for that! Hehe, I only barely got past Cura for Yuna and I used her as much as I did Rikku...that is a lot because they're fun to use.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

eep...and there i was, wasting my time leveling everyone up evenly lol i had tidus past haste-ga...and lulu to her ga level spells...to give you an idea where i was in the grid...everyone was pretty much near the end of theirs...and khimari was in rikkus'...a very handy thing...having multiple ppl using al bhed potions...

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

:D :sweat: That was an easy battle ahem... Now to remember how I defeated that monster. OFcourse using Al Bhed Potions is a good idea. ANd you should have stock alot before you arrive at home. IT's important to steal every item from every foe.
    My character all had overdrives since I love to stock them up. I've trieds casting Bio but there was no use cuz I think it was immune to it. I used an item which castes haste on Auron cuz he's the the most powerdul. I never had to move the airship, cuz it was a quick battle.

Anyway I weren't so lucky because I had to go and the only solution baka-Skuld had to think of was to shut off her console.

I'll try to defeat it again and then post here how I defeated it. :)

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

actually, all the battles in the game ended up being very easy, once you overdrived all your characters and aeons before each big battle. and I had Lulu with doublecast and ultima long before sigh.. Tidus had Haste or Hastaga.. the thing is, I went the wrong way with Tidus.. he was following Wakka.. and Yuna I didn't use very much at the start... and poor Kimhari is following Lulu :( gotta use my teleport and return spheres!

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I also had a hard time fighting this monster, but what helped me beat the monster is Yuna's white magic and Rikku's Al bhed potion.

9. Zanza

Staff Member

Am I that bad lucked !!

Where did you got Yuna from ?? Isnt she being captured by Seymore .. :confused: ??
    And it seems every one has her expect me .. !!!
    And if I had her I wouldnt be here asking for help :anger2: !!
    I was fighting it till his life got low from 32000 to 5000 !! And he gave me poison breath and I died useing Tidus, Auron & that lion (I forgot their names after leaving the game for 2 weeks :sweat:!!)
    Doesnt the missiles fire by themselves .. :confused: ??!
    Tell me about it .. !! I have tidus, Auron and the lion up to 3000 :sweat2: !!
    1st .. you show off :anger: !!
    :p
    2nd .. I was using it ..

Sorry guys if I made it long .. but I forgot to pay this topic a visit :sweat2: !!

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

eep...hmm...well, the missles do go off...lesse...i kept far away alot...just had wakka throwing stuff and lulu casting her best stuff...khimari didn't do too much...just al bhed potions...and mega potions when you need em...2000 to the party and you get more later on..hehe wish you could buy em...but, maa...at this point in the game, you don't have yuna...she's on her way to seymore...heh...in bevelle...lesse...auron, and tidus beat the snot out of it...tidus doing haste stuff...i think i had auron try armour and power break...can't remember if they worked...rikku did potions...not much else but trying to keep everyone's health up...lesse...i think sensor works on it, so try and have someone have something with that o it equpied...

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Oops! Well, I'm getting into the habit of keeping Yuna in to cast the spells, so it's like...natural I write it or think about it. Either that or it just slipped my mind. :D Sumimasen!

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I don't understand this ... I picked this boss apart like a chicken wing in a pen full of rabid dogs, and yet when I see others fight it, they have so much trouble.

13. Zanza

Staff Member

How .. how .. how come everybody here didnt had any dificulties beating that $*** >.<; !!
    How come I am the only one itshard on her beating him up !!

But anyway .. thanx guys for the haste and the potin stuff .. I will try and beat him today .. !!!

MUAHAHAHAAA <666>!!!
    Thanx toomaa for the <666> code .. the code of DEVIL !!!

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

good luck :) I'm sure you have easier time beating other monsters then some other people do. I remember when I had to fight Seraphita and the blue chick in Xenogears, and I kept on dying, when my bro beat it one try, and I was still going at it 30 times. it was like rigged to be different everytime that game...or so I think.

and I didn't recall having Yuna. just use far away stuff with Wakka and Lulu. :)

15. Zanza

Staff Member

I'd rather use Auron and Khimari cuz both of them damges the monster by 2000 .. !! While the others (Wakka & LuLu) hit no more than 600 .. ~_~

But I will try to use them though .. ^_^v ..

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

actually, I'd liked to apologize for confusing you. The characters in FInal Fantasy X can be different for everyone. It seems you went down some great sphere areas with Kimhari and Auron. I did this with Auron, but not Khimari. Lulu and Wakka I trained vigorously and had them learn things to hit harder. If Lulu isn't doing it for you and other things you have been doing, try new things out, and you'll definately win.

17. Zanza

Staff Member

Thanx guys .. I will do my best and will let you know the results :)

18. Zanza

Staff Member

YEEESSS !!!!!!

YES !! I finnaly beated that stinky Monster !!
    I just finished him my way and using the Al-Bhed potion :p

I used Rikku (of course ^_^v), Auron & Kimari..
    When the monster's HP was 10000 I switched Rikku and Tidus. Then Tidus died, then Auron hit the monster and finnaly Khimari was in overdrive and I made him sacrifice himself which killed the monster..(Tidus and Kimari are dead, so no points :(, who cares !! I beated that monster finnlay !!:D)

And still, I dont remember his name !! :sweat:

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

GOOD JOB!!!!

Hey, congratulations! Seriously, it feels great to overcome challenges and everything. It's good stuff!!! :D

Oh, I presume you used Khimari's Self Destruct Ronso Rage or whatever, right? Is that really effective? I don't use his rages very much and I kinda wanna know how much damage the move does. Only thing I use is Mighty Guard :D

20. Zanza

Staff Member

Thanx Izzy..

And about the (Khimari's Self Destruct Ronso Rage) it costed a huge Dammage !!
    It killed the monster by costing a 6000-7000 HP damage !! :bleed2:

I was so shoked that it hits that much to tell you the truth !