One Piece The 'D' Family *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, May 6, 2004.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Episode 93 and 94 Spoilers Start here

HAAHAHA I LOVE ARABASTA! I feel so at home hehe!
    Anyways I love the local citizen disguise costumes they wore! Sanji looks goregous with that "Thoub", "jalabia"-like costume. and it's so typical of sanji to pic dansers costumes for the girls. Zoro looks cute too hehe!

Anyways It's getting interesting. My theory is that Luffy is the son of Gold D Roger. Since he's the younger brother of Portgas D. Ace and his full name is Monkey D. Luffy. They are a D family lol! Stupid theroy but hey... :catgirl:

These episodes are really interesting! :D I have long awaited for them :) I hope they don't get rid of the arabasta costumes in later episodes

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Ace is sooo cool! When I first saw him eating he so reminded me of Luffy and then I found at right away hehe. what a great theory Suzu! I didnt make the D. connection! remember that bar owner in Loguetown was talking about 'D' I think it was there.. there was something about that D. hehe I can't wait for more.
    Ace is cool hehe.

OKAY! I split these posts to make a new thread, anyways, this 'D' theory is simply brilliant. Here are spoilers from the manga:
    I have three more instances at the moment. #1 Is when Robin asked Luffy why those who carried the name 'D.' tried and fought so hard. #2 Is when 'God' asked Robin if Luffy was related to Roger because Luffy reminded him of Roger. Robin responded that may be in fact 'lost history'. #3 Is when some high ranked Marine was looking at a Luffy bounty paper and said "it seems that this family is filled with troublesome ones". So right now, not sure if it's blood related or some secret D society. Lol. EDIT: #4 Ice Devil Fruit user (High-rank Marine) said Luffy resembled his grandfather then decided he should get rid of Luffy

3. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

Hai, I think it's more likely his grandfather than his father. It has been twenty years since Roger's journey.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's his grandfather, spoiler: #4 ^

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I was wondering something like this. I was thinking dad. BUT I was wrong I guess. Hello the age difference.

6. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

Yeah, plus you get the feeling that Shanks is his dad, even if they don't come out and say it, neh?

7. Basher

True. Considering he has grown VERY interested in Luffy even Hawk Eyes knows that. Plus the chap gave up his arm.

8. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

That's my reasoning... plus, he's got the 'D' grin, neh? ^__^

Just the fact that he'd spend that much time with some kid in some village is enough for me.

http://jaeger_ayers.tripod.com/onepiece/cwshanksall.JPG

9. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

as soon as I saw ace (who is called trace in the anime) I instantly knew he had a connection to luffy (from the way he et mostly...) at first I thought father but then I realised he was to young fer that.

I KNEW IT I KNEW GOLD ROGERS MUST BE HIS FATHER OR GRANDFATHER AND NOW I KNOW MWA HA HA HA HA ahem :blush: when dr k said his name was gold 'D' rogers it all made sense. :catgirl:

10. Basher

I got caught up on OP manga and here are the biggest spoilers EV-ER.

Luffy father is Monkey D. Dragon, the infamous revolutionary, who left Luffy and Ace to be raised by their grandfather. It was the person who saved them when Smoker was after them.

His grandfather is the famed marine Vice-Admiral Monkey D. Garp. His grandfather is famous for cornering the late Pirate King, Gold Roger numerous times in his career. He was the one who caught him.

Ace isn't a Monkey because Dragon isn't his father. His father is Portgas D. something. They share the same mother.

Gold Roger would have to be there mothers dad. Or maybe an Uncle.

Now who is Luffy mother? Could she be the daughter of Gold D. Roger?

What is the Will of the D?