Creative Writing The DrunkLeprachaun Saga.

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by DrunkLeprachaun, Apr 22, 2002.

1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

This is a story I wrote for my english class(I aced it, and got top of my uber-smart class too;) ). It draws from the people frequenting here for characters. If you don't think I got your character right, maybe you should just change.
    Also, GNZ is the bad guy. Don't be offended, someone had to be(you aren't that easy to kill). I'm posting the first part today. I'll post the rest when it is typed out.
    Hope you enjoy.

2. DrunkLeprachaun

Pt.1 – Of Iron Men, Limes, and GentatsuNoZanshicc61s.

All he could hear as he was slammed against the wall was his foe’s manic laughter. The impact was so hard it caused a chunk to be knocked into it and DrunkLeprachaun was actually a few feet above the ground, mostly inside the pillar.

“You can’t win. Another blow like that, and you can say goodbye to your spleen.” That jerk off inside his head was *****ing again. He thought, “Shut up! I haven’t even started yet.” And he dropped out of the indent. He fell on one knee when he landed. He looked up, his face in a grimace of anger, and a touch of amusement, as he looked at GentatsuNoZanshicc61.

GNZ cackled, “Want more, my pretty?” His clown like face, as always, set in a malicious grin. “I’ll show you pain. Such a wonderful pain!” He held up a hand and it started to crackle with energy and a black, glowing sword rose from his hand. “Kai Sword!” Shouted GNZ as he threw it at DrunkLeprachaun, a greenish-purple wave following in its wake. It accelerated towards him, but he was ready. He launched himself into the air like a wound spring, kicking off the wall, allowing him to land on a balcony above.

“I hope that’s not the best you can do,” Shouted DrunkLeprachaun, “Because now it’s my turn to show you PAIN!” He drew himself up to his full height(which was considerable). “I am Iron Man!” he shouted, as he pressed a button on his armour. Music boomed out of speakers on his helmet. His skin crackled with electricity, lightening flew around and from his limbs. The music played on. “ He was turned to steel, In a great magnetic field, Where he travelled time, For the future of mankind.

The exposed flesh of his arms and neck seemed to glow, and he seemed to become even taller than before. There was a blinding flash of light, and after it cleared, there stood a man of great magnitude with skin of Iron. “ Now the time is near, For Iron Man to spread fear, Vengeance from the grave, Kills the people he once saved.

Iron DrunkLeprachaun stood up onto the rail of the balcony, then jumped up, kicked off the roof, aiming his body at the startled GNZ. Electricity crackled around DrunkLeprachaun through his descent, and he seemed to leave a trail of energy behind him.

GNZ quickly realised what would happen if he stayed put, and he dodged out of the way at the last moment. DrunkLeprachaun crashed into the ground, creating an immense crater. “Ooo, way to go, ya friggin’ dork! You missed him. Can’t you do anything right?” Said the voice in his head. “Shut up Hugh, or I swear I’ll…” Thought DrunkLeprachaun. “You’ll what?” Sneered Hugh. DrunkLeprachaun grunted.

GNZ’s face, while still in an insane smile, was now twisted with fear and anger. “You may have avoided it before, but I’ll be more careful this time.” Putting his arms out, there formed a dozen or so smaller dark glimmering swords. “Kai Dagger Combo!” He screamed in a mocking laugh, hurtling them all at where DrunkLeprachaun was still picking himself up. They impacted in quick succession with a deafening shriek, and a ball of anti-explosion spread out from the centre. When the smoke cleared, DrunkLeprachaun was still standing, but now in a typical heroey pose. GNZ’s face contorted further in the shock. “But... How!?!?” He squeaked. “Heavy bolts of lead, Fills his victims full of lead, Running as fast as they can, Iron Man lives again! [/I]

DrunkLeprachaun looked down at himself, and tutted in disgust. “You dented my armour. You’ll pay for that.” He held out his hands in front of himself, and white-hot shards of metal formed out of his hands. They flew at GNZ. He attempted to dodge, but he was not successful, and he was hurled back against the wall, and down to the ground.

DrunkLeprachaun triumphantly walked over to his all but vanquished foe and stood above him proudly. “See you in Hell!” Squeaked GNZ as he attempted one last attack. He lunged at DrunkLeprachaun with a darklight stiletto, but DrunkLeprachaun evaded him and grabbed his arm. “Not if I see you first!” As he said that, DrunkLeprachaun’s clenched fist began to shake. “Terra Crush!” He bellowed as he smashed his Iron fist into GNZ’s terrified face. His body was ripped apart and the pieces fell to the floor quivering, before exploding into tiny particles of glowing dust and filling the air in an eerie purple light.

“Boo-Yeah!” shouted DrunkLeprachaun, celebrating over his victory. “Pfft. You got lucky.” Said Hugh from inside his head. He shrugged and shrunk again to his normal size, his flesh also returning to flesh. The song ended.

He walked over to the solitary observer of the epic conflict, who was hiding behind an altar at the end of the church like hall. He- no, it was a she, her short boyish hair and her bowed head making it slightly hard to judge, was a young girl, around the age of twelve, in an asexual martial arts uniform.

“It’s alright now. He is defeated.” Said DrunkLeprachaun gently. “You killed him.” Said the girl. “He was my father.” She said, her face unchanged and her voice devoid of emotion. “He meant to summon Bahamut. He would have destroyed the world.” He reached out an arm behind the girl, and said, “Come. We’ll find you somewhere safe. He led her down the aisle of the room, as the glowing dust settled on the floor. They walked out of the door and out beyond the threshold of the building. DrunkLeprachaun stopped. “What is your name?” He asked. “My name is Lime Raimu.” She said. DrunkLeprachaun opened his mouth to say something, but as he did, the entire building they had just come out of collapsed.

He jumped in up in surprise and fright. “Holy Burning Sons of ***** Crap!” He shouted. He rubbed behind his head nervously. “Heh heh, lucky we got out in time, eh?” Lime looked unmoved. “It seems so.” Confused by her lack of surprise, he continued, “Well, we better find somewhere to sleep tonight. Let’s go, Raimu-chan.” He said happily. “Only my friends call me Raimu-chan.” Responded Lime coldly. “I just saved your life, doesn’t that make me your friend?” He asked. “No.” “Well, what does a guy have to do to be your friend then?” “They should know when to lay off, for one thing.” She answered irritably, which was the first sign of emotion. “Alright then. I’ll lay off. Jeez.” Said DrunkLeprachaun. “The name’s DrunkLeprachaun, by the way.” “Oh.” Said Lime. “Jeez.” He repeated again. They set off down the road quietly.

3. DrunkLeprachaun

Pt.2 - Of Friendships and Sweating Bullets.

Night had fallen and DrunkLeprachaun was walking ahead quickly, humming to himself. He turned around to look at his companion. “You doing-“ He began, but when he saw Lime’s small form staggering along behind him, hardly keeping up, the words stopped on his lips. “You’re exhausted. Here I’ll help you.” He walked back to her and picked her up. Too tired to struggle she easily yielded to DrunkLeprachaun’s strength. “I’ll find somewhere for us to sleep.”

DrunkLeprachaun opened the door of the barn and looked around inside. “Seems alright,” He said as he lay Lime down softly on some hay and sat himself against the wall. He sighed deeply, and with that that Lime’s already hazy consciousness turned off.

When she awoke, it was light out. It was a sunny summer afternoon. She looked around and noticed DrunkLeprachaun’s helmet and breastplate over on another haystack. She looked at the helmet. The part covering the face was blank apart from two slits for his eyes and one for his mouth, the one for his mouth arcing up a couple of centimetres from each side, then turning again to meet the opposite side. She realised she hadn’t seen DrunkLeprachaun without it. She put the helmet down. But it hit off something metal under the surface. She reached down under the hay and felt cold steel. She pulled up, her arms tiring under the strain, and found herself holding an enormous sword. On it was inscribed “Ultima Ragnarock Lion Heart.” “Stupid name for a sword.” She said to herself.

She heard what sounded like a conversation outside. One voice she recognised as DrunkLeprachaun, but the other also sounded like him, only more… she had trouble trying to describe it to herself, more cookie-monster like. She walked to the door and listened. “Could you just leave me alone for five minutes?” Said DrunkLeprachaun. “Of course not. You’d be nothing without me. Some day you too will know my pain, and smile it’s Black Tooth Grin.” Said cookie DrunkLeprachaun. “Pfft,” The other responded, “You just stole that from a song.” “That’s not the point, it’s-“ cookie DrunkLeprachaun stopped when he saw Lime heaving the large barn door open.

“Who were you just talking to?” She asked. DrunkLeprachaun, who had been, and still was, practising some kind of martial arts, answered, “Just to myself, I guess.” She saw his face for the first time. He had fairly long dark hair tied back in a ponytail, and his face had a scar from above his left eye down to his cheek. He looked young, not out of his teens.

He stopped what he was doing and turned to her. “You sleep alright?” He said. “Fine.” Said Lime with her usual enthusiasm. “Great,” Said DrunkLeprachaun, and them to himself, “Great, great, great.” “I’ve been thinking,” Said Lime, “What kind of name is DrunkLeprachaun anyway?” “I dunno,” Responded DrunkLeprachaun, “When the great magnetic field turned me to Iron, I lost a lot of my memories. I had this tattoo though…” He turned to show Lime his right arm, which had a tattoo on it. It appeared to be a Leprachaun, holding a bottle of tequila, in a fighting stance. Above it said “Drunkus”, bellow it was written “Leprachaunus”. “I’ve been thinking,” continued Lime, “DrunkLeprachaun is a damnable mouthful. I think you should get a nickname.” “Like what?” asked the man. “How about squall?” said Lime. “What am I gay?” responded DrunkLeprachaun. “Alright then, Sephiroth?” “That’s still kind of a mouthful.” “Okay then,” Said Lime, “Hiro.” AS soon as she said it, her face became flushed and she looked at her feet. DrunkLeprachaun didn’t notice. He was too busy contemplating his new name. “Hiro, Hiro. I… Like it. DrunkLeprachaun Hiro, am I!” He proclaimed loudly, and he looked triumphantly at Lime.

“Good.” She said after a pause. She looked up and suddenly noticed she hadn’t eaten in a long time, as her stomach rumbled loudly. “Ugh. You don’t have anything to eat do you? I’m starving here.” “I might,” Said Hiro, stooping down to look at her directly in her face, “But I don’t usually share my food with other people unless they’re my friends.” “Alright, you’re my friend. Food me!” Said Lime gruffly. “DrunkLeprachaun Hiro shall provide!” said the man smiling, and he brought forth a bounty of bread, cheese, fruit, and some Dr. Pepper to drink. “So misunderstood…” Said DrunkLeprachuan as he took a swig.

After they had eaten, and had bathed and refreshed, they set off again. They walked on gladly, talking and enjoying themselves, their moods lifted by the lovely weather. They walked on. “Where are we going, Hiro-chan?” Asked Lime. “Wherever the wind blows us, I guess. But for now, we’ll keep on going straight.” Hiro answered.

His plan soon failed however. They came to a fork in the road. “Which way now?” asked Lime. Hiro grinned moronically and shrugged. “Heh, heh.”

“A problem do you have?” The two travellers looked up to see a… man(?) emerging from behind a road sign. “You don’t know which way to go?” The ‘man’ seemed to have a beaked turnip for a head, and was only a bit more than 4’ tall. He kind of reminded Lime of a duck-billed platypus “I am the great BakaMattSu! I can help you solve your problems.” Said the 4’ 3” turnip warrior. “But first, a test! You must answer me these questions three. Question the first: What is your name?” DrunkLeprachaun laughed nervously. “Heh, heh, well there’s a really funny story behind that. You see, I was turned to iron, an-“ “Enough! What is your name!” Demanded BakaMattSu. “Err… DrunkLeprachaun Hiro?” Said Hiro, unsurely. “Hmm… Question two: What is your quest?” inquired BakaMattSu. Hiro looked at Lime then back at BakaMattSu. “Erm, well I don’t really have one…” BakaMattSu’s brows became crossed with anger. “Question three! What is your favourite colour?” He said. “I don’t know, black?” Said Hiro haltingly. “You don’t even know your own favourite colour!?!? It’s green you idiot!” Yelled BakaMattSu, as he whacked Hiro with a Unix manual. “Everyone’s favourite colour is green!”

Suddenly he stopped his verbal and physical assault, and his face turned into a friendly smile. “I only help those who really need it, and I have never met anyone who needed help more than you.” He beckoned the confluxed travellers, and pranced merrily down the road. The pair looked at each other. “?!?!?”

4. DrunkLeprachaun

Pt.3 – Of Good Friends, Good Fights, and Goodbyes.

They continued for many merry days travelling along, mostly following BakaMattSu, passing through the occasional town and stopping for supplies. They grew close and wandered wide, with a few minor adventures along the way. They were happy. Gradually, however, a shadow loomed aver them. They were coming into Dark Lands ruled by dark people. But they still enjoyed themselves(except for Hugh, who didn’t like Lime or BakaMattSu).

After some time they came to a town and they saw it as an evil place. The people went about their daily lives with their heads bowed and their faces deep in misery. “What’s going on here, then?” Said Hiro to the world at large. “I know of this place,” Said BakaMattSu, “It is called Midgar. This place is a bad place to be, and I do not lie.”

“You there!” shouted a deep voice quietly. They turned to see a tall blonde man, hooded and cloaked, but even in the dusk they could see armour and the hilt of a sword shining beneath it. “Who are you?” “We are merely travellers,” Responded Hiro. “Yes no harm mean we.” Added BakaMattSu. “Hmpf. Well follow me, and hopefully harm will come to none of us.” He beckoned them, turned and strode off. The party looked at each other, shrugged, and followed after.

They came to a small terraced house seemingly no different from all the others on the street from the outside. They entered. And went down a set of stairs. They entered a door, and their jaws hit the floor in awe. It was the biggest *** computer any of them had ever seen.

The tall man pulled off his hood. “I am Cloud.” He bowed to the party. “I am a member of a resistance group called avalanche. The government here is corrupt, and we intend to put a stop to them.” The five people who had been working on and beside the computers tuned and stood up to greet the trio. “This in Biggs, Wedge, Jessie, Tifa and Barret.” As Cloud said their names, they nodded in turn. “We do not have a lot, but we will give it to you if you help us. You are the first travellers we have seen in months, perhaps years, that have looked like they were fit to hold a sword. We are desperate.”

“Don’t do it. Don’t help these losers, it’s their mess.” Said Hugh inside Hiro’s head. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could utter a sound, BakaMattSu yelled, “We’ll do it!” A tear formed in one of his eyes as he remembered being repressed just because he was a turnip. “Excellent!” Said Cloud. “Yeah, we’ll kick their asses, right Hiro-chan?” Said Lime excitedly. DrunkLeprachaun’s mouth was still wide open, but he’d never had a chance to say anything. “I guess…” He answered, rather put out by the whole thing.

They planned their attacks well. They went on several successful bombing missions, and a few not so successful bombing missions. Over the next few months, Avalanche’s numbers dwindled. Biggs and Wedge were killed on a failed mission, which was a huge blow.

On one night, BakaMattSu, Lime, Barret and Jessie had gone on a mission. They did not meet at the rendezvous at the time they were supposed to. “They should be here.” Said Tifa, worriedly, “Why aren’t they here?” after a pause Cloud answered. “I don’t know.” They waited through the deeps of the night, and out the other side.

It was early morning by the time they had news. Tifa shouted, as they saw Barret limping towards them holding the bodies of Lime and BakaMattSu. “Jessie… She’s dead. Ugh!” Said Barret as he fell down on his knees. He put the two prone figures down beside himself. “You’re hit!” Said Hiro, hurrying over to him. “I’m hit,” Barret repeated, “But not bad.” Hiro, suddenly realising that his two friends lay hurt on the ground rushed over to them. “Lime! BakaMattSu!” Lime opened her eyes. “They… got Jessie.” She said quietly. “Are you alright?” Said Hiro, distress clearly showing in his voice. “I’m not too bad… BakaMattSu…” With that final whispered word, she lost consciousness. “BakaMattSu!” Hiro shouted, but the body made no response. “No.” Hiro muttered quietly. His face was clearly showing his pain. “No!” He bellowed with the full force of his lungs. Electricity crackled about him, and he began to glow. He grew to a gargantuan height, to eleven or twelve feet tall, and once again, he became Iron Man. This time, however the song that boomed from his helmets was different. The bass kicked in. Then heavy drums, and finally the guitar.

The beat was hard and fast. Taking his enormous sword(which now seemed small in comparison to him) from his back, and putting on his helmet off. “DrunkLeprachuan Hiro! Where are you going?” Cloud shouted after him. Hiro stopped. Without turning around, he said just one word. “Revenge.”

Is this your fake religion, Sick ideology? Debase TV communion, Apology. “ He beat down on governor Shinra’s castle like the wrath of Hell itself. Men, he cut down like grass before a scythe if they opposed him, although, most fled. He destroyed all before him and laid waste to the manor and the grounds around it. Soon he was face to face with Shinra himself. But he didn’t intend on giving up that easily. Hiro found him in a huge Mech. “You will pay for destroying my home, you freak!” cackled Shinra. “Just like that turnip of yours did. This was the last straw.

Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! “ Blinded by rage, Hiro charged the Mech and attempted a wide powerful slash with the Ultima Ragnarock Lion Heart, but the Mech’s jump jets fired up, and it flew to the other side of the arena-like court. DrunkLeprachaun charged again, this time making a huge leap forwards and up into the air, bringing his sword down trying to connect with the Mech’s head. Shinra was not caught unprepared, however, and managed to bring up the Mech’s laser sword to parry. Hiro kicked off the Mech’s armour, and flipped back to land a few metres back.

Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! “ The Mech trained its guns on DrunkLeprachaun, and let loose an immense barrage. Beams of laser, white-hot shells, and small missiles flew at him. He ran towards Shinra’s Mech, dodging its weapons, and deflecting them with his sword. When he got very close, he leaped up, slashing at the Mech’s body, taking out some of its guns. Shinra brought the laser sword down in response. Hiro only just managed to protect himself, and was knocked back. He growled in anger and laid in again. Blow after blow he piled in, too fast for the Mech to parry all of them. It’s armour crumpled under his relentless assault, and Shinra ejected with a shriek of rage just before the Mech exploded.

Hiro walked over to his worthless opponent. He picked him up without a strain. “Please… Don’t hu-“ Shinra never finished the word. Hiro tore him apart, limb from limb. And threw the scraps down at his feet.

He left the grounds of the manor. As he walked, he stumbled, and fell down on his knees. He reverted to his ordinary form, and knew no more. “ Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! “ The song ended.

The sun shone in his eyes. Hiro woke to the sound of birds twittering outside. He blinked in the light. “Where- Ugh.” He said and grabbed his head, as if to stop it from spinning. “Where am I?”

“Ho-ho, you’re alright, you’re safe.” Hiro turned to see the happy turnip-like head of BakaMattSu. “BakaMattSu!” He exclaimed with joy. “I thought you were dead!” “No, no. Nothing a bit of water and some good, healthy soil couldn’t remedy.” Answered BakaMattSu with a wink. “You on the other hand had us all worried.” “Lime!” Cried Hiro suddenly remembering her lying prone in the dark of the night. “Don’t worry, she’s fine. She is ver y happy here, you know.” Hiro looked at him and nodded. “Cloud and Tifa are now married, and Barret has adopted Jessie’s daughter, Marlene. Poor Jessie.” Said BakaMattSu with a sigh. “A lot certainly has happened in the five weeks you were out.” He exclaimed. “Five WEEKS!?!?”

Hiro spent a few more months in the new, free Midgar. Lime was happy living with Cloud and Tifa. After a while, BakaMattSu decided he must be off. “I must find my turnip roots.” He exclaimed, and no one pointed out that turnips were roots. He left with many fond farewells.

Soon Hiro found himself ill at ease too. He decided that he must leave. He quietly packed his things. He said goodbye to Cloud and Tifa, and Barret and Marlene. He met Lime at the gate of the house. She looked like she was ready for more travelling.

“You are staying here, Lime.” Said Hiro gently. “Stop fooling around, Hiro-chan.” Laughed Lime. “I mean it. You are still only a child, and danger seems to follow me like a shadow. If you got hurt again…” he stopped and almost choked. “I… couldn’t live with myself.” “But DrunkLeprachaun… I…” Said Lime desperately. “I…” “Goodbye, Raimu-chan.” With that, he turned to and began to walk away. “Hiro-chan!” Lime was now weeping openly. “Goodbye!” “We will see each other again someday. Goodbye my friend.” He said without turning. His face was drawn with grief as well. He fought this back, and turned his face to the side, smiling and giving Lime the thumbs up. He walked on. He walked off into the sunset.

~fin~

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

One problem supercedes all others. You improperly punctuated my name. It's GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, not GentatsuNoZanshicc61. If you're going to make me a clownlike villain, you could at least spell me right.

6. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

COOOOOOL!i like it........