The Edit and PM Buttons explained / Also, those Stars explained...

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Bloodberry, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

this is for those of you, and you all know who you are, that have been told to use the edit button on multiple occasions. it's also to explain the PM button and how it works.

Edit Button
    ---------------------------------------
    you post in a thread. 3 mintues later, you notice you spelled something wrong, or you phrased something very very poorly. don't make a new post. that is spamming, and in my forums, you may never know that i deleted or merged it for you.
    if you look in the lower right corner of your post(after it's been posted mind you) there's a couple of buttons. first off, don't abuse the quote button...gets annoying having a quote in every post just cause you wanted to laugh. the first button is the one we'll be working with ALOT. it's called, the Edit button. what this does, is it takes your post and reopens it back to the same form you saw when you originally made the post. nice, ne? very useful and can keep you out of alot of trouble. USE IT! it's not there for my health, I have no probs dropping your post count if you put up a spam post after the thought. i might even tell you about it.

PM System
    ----------------------------------------
    The PM system is like an instant messaging program, only not as fast. if you use icq, it's kind of like that, but not. please use the PM System for private conversations. DO NOT start a thread just so you can chat with someone you saw was on. this type of action is frowned upon and such threads will wind up one of two ways: locked(if lucky) or just deleted, and the posts remove themselves from your count.(because some ppl think post number is important) but to be able to use this funtion, you have to have it turned on.
    just under the ad banner on the top right is a row of buttons. the first button is user cp. this allows you to change your forum options, such as the background color scheme you want.
    the user cp has another bar of links on topish. one reads edit options. under that, there is an option the reads" enable private messaging?" there is a yes or no radio button. click yes to enable. you can turn off the option to have a pop up tell you that you got a new message.

And there we go. thanks to Blood Pheonix for pointing out that this was needed. *^-^*;; Any other questions can be directed towards any mod on the forums via PM system or email.
    --Berry

The stars by your name
    ----------------------------------------
    1 - 3 stars = Members
    4 Silver stars = Moderators
    5 Silver stars = Super Moderators
    5 Gold stars = Admins

-Berry
    edited to add this as it gets asked so damn much XD

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.