Recreation The End Of Teh Intarwebz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wertitis, Jun 6, 2008.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN_Ns[/youtube]

Take away what you will.

~W

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I'm sorry, am I the only one that thinks this is kinda stupid ^^;

First of all, it's a theory that has been produced by three people that are recording in their backyard.

Secondly, they're recording in their backyard!

Third, it doesn't make sense. The theory that you'll be able to surf through "select websites" is dumb. Maybe it would be limited by bandwith usage or the time you use it. Probably even how many web site you go through.

It doesn't make sense, call me ignorant, but I stopped because I couldn't stand it....

>.>

<.<

*ducks*

Flame without me :p

-Seishin

1 person likes this.
  3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i consider it a joke. =p when the interweb 2.0 does come out, only real change they're doing is making it bigger and faster =p (my dad's been all over it cause he thinks it's great)

it would mean no new sites would ever be made. no new ad revenue, jobs cut, no new businesses could have web pages cause they'd essentially be blocked from the world. =p when you site back, this is just funny.

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Wait wait, Seishin is basing his entire response on the fact that it's being filmed in someone's backyard? Were you looking for a studio? Or a flash animation?

Yes, I think that it would kill the internet. No new sites would be able to crop up and the growth and expansion of the web would be limited to companies with enough revenue to pay the big league ISPs to provide their channels. It would kill the internet as well as huge companies like Yahoo and Google.

Why Yahoo and Google?

What would you need a search engine for if you can only view a few select websites. It would render them impotent.

"Hmmm, I want to browse net videos. What does Google say... Youtube aaaaand... Youtube. Gee, thanks Google."

I find it ironic that it would be included in the basic package. It would become worthless. Paying for a channel that would display sites you could never go to. That would kill Google and Yahoo stock. I think they would have something to say about it. There's billions invested in both companies.

~W

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I lol'd. Sorta.