The ending.... thoughts of? -Spoiler possibility-

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by ppv_14, Sep 30, 2002.

1. ppv_14

ppv_14 New Member

Spoiler

The promise for starters
    Who do you think it was with?
    Ihavent seen episode 28 because every copy i seem to get my hands on they're all unsubtitled

Love Hina Again was good and all but it was a pretty crappy ending in my mind it like just cut off

hate to compare this to saber marionette j and all but at least that had an ending series and didnt just cut off

hopefully they'll come out with a sequel to this depicting life in Tokyo U and what happens afterwards lol

Enough ranting and raving from me for today

End Spoiler from me

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

*********What gives a 911T Porsche 50 lbs. of downforce? It's spoiler. :D*********

Anyway, DLeprechaun already said this. He's also already said it more times than he could probably count, providing that he doesn't try and go into the thread and count it himself. Also, he probably said it twice to myself in that same thread. :p

The promised person is Naru. He just thinks it may be Otohime because those three were together in the past. Otohime made a promise to someone, which is Naru. However, the scene with Keitaro and everything, that was Naru too. In short, even though Keitaro was the main character, Naru was in the middle of everything. :D

Anyway, episode 28? I dunno, seems like they made Again to be the end of Hina. They didn't even really close down the whole promise part, almost making it look like Keitaro doesn't care about it anymore. The final episodes of Love Hina seem to be filler and side stories. *shrugs*

Read manga, much MUCH better. It destroys the anime, though the anime is good as well. Anime = "good" Manga = "bringer of joy and tears."

:D

****************the...end...*sniffle****************

3. Sol

Sol New Member

All anime originates from the Manga. It is just like turning a book into a movie. The movie will never be as good as the book :D.

Anyway I have watched all the TV series epsidoes, all 3 Lova Hina Agains, and the two specials.

In the end of course Naru is the promised one. They just went off and confused during the TV series and make you want to see what happens next :). Anyway the ending was good, but not enough. Just seeing them fly off over the sea in a beautiful sunset just made me want to watch more, heh damn them.

4. ppv_14

ppv_14 New Member

Not True you see there is a drama cd After Again that explains the course of events after Again
    Not a happy ending :(
    If you dont like spoilers dont read after this point
    In the manga it is specified fromn what ive read that Mutsumi and Naru are both the promised girl because Grandma Hinata informs Keitaro Mutsumi and Naru of a time capsule they buried next to Hinata Inn and inside this a capsule is a drawing of Keitaro Mutsumi and Naru which states that they will all get into Toyyo U and is signed by all 3
    Now for the Anime/cd ending
    Naru and Keitaro come back to Hinata after spending a little bit at Toyko U and Naru gets really depressed because Keitaro decides i believe to quit Toyko U and go with Seta some chain reactions occur and everyone leaves
    Keitaro comes back to Hinata and so does Naru
    Meaning they are ALONE at Hinata Inn and they get drunk, really drunk.
    Everyone comes back because they are worried about Keitaro and Naru and they walk in on them to find them asleep and Naru and Keitaro are talking in their asleep about the "promise" and how they want to stay together. Thats it no more

End Spoiler....

As you can see the manga gives a definate conclusion but the anime does not
    One more tiny detail The anime again and all only goes up to roughly book 10-11 and quits the manga however is 14 books long meaning they cut off a good chuck of information at end.

Thank you for reading and i hope this settles the argument of who the promised girl is either in manga/anime form.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

PPV, sorry, but some of that is wrong.

Love Hina Again actually COMPRESSES the manga's last few volumes into a three episode stint. You can tell because the scene in the old part of the inn is almost an exact remake of the airship scene over Su's country's Todai. Also, they all appear to be the same age as the beginning of the series...mayhap to keep them looking all the same to viewers...which sucks because I like the way Shinobu and Motoko evolve more'n more as the manga goes on. It only really focuses on Keitaro and Naru...which is a big boo boo because you KNOW everyone has feelings for Keitaro, but none of them get any resolve other than the fact they now know that Naru likes Keitaro and that they kissed.

Also, in the manga, I believe it's that Keitaro's promised girl IS Naru, not both. He promised Naru, whom both forgot after a time, and then Mitsumi comes in and reinstates the promise, to Naru. That's where that triangle came in. It *was* Naru and Keitaro, with Mitsumi already giving Keitaro up early on. You can sorta tell because in the piece of paper in the time capsule, Mitsumi's name is at the top, not next to Keitaro and Naru. Keitaro just confuses himself because he thought that the girl was the same age as he was, never delving into the fact that she might be younger...or older, even.

And that "anime ending CD" thing...it's happened that way in the manga too. Well, they get drunk, I think...when Naru was the one being indecisive about staying or going for Keitaro. THAT whole mess (not just the drinking part) ended up with the kissing scene you see in Love Hina Again, just on the beach after an almost life or death fall.

And Sol, I don't believe you're right...all manga does not borne anime...rather it's both. If you're saying what you're saying...BGC2040 and many others would not have been made. :p

6. ppv_14

ppv_14 New Member

7. ppv_14

ppv_14 New Member

boy i feel stupid now i went through and read the manga and boy i was wrong about what i said lol anyways thanks and im out

8. Norlan

Norlan Guest

Episode 28 is not worth to watch, basically it is a summary of the entire show. Though it is unsubtitled I could still figure out it is about generally.

One thing I can't exactly determine is that if the girl who made the promise with Keitaro was Naru or not, the little girl's hair color seemed more like Otohime's. However I could be wrong because since the kissing scene by the little girl was blurred out and she might be a different person who did the "pinky promise"

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You're a newbie here and I'll forgive you for not reading that lengthy post I had just above ppv's two posts, where I say exactly what you're confused about. ;)

Again, the promised girl IS Naru. No doubt, no question. Why? Well, here's a little kicker. If you read the manga, you'll find that Naru, Keitaro, and Otohime had a time capsule. Within the time capsule, there was a piece of paper. In *THAT* piece of paper, there is a little drawing. Now, you can't really make out what it is, unless you're into the japanese thing. But, you do see Keitaro's name next to Naru's name on the bottom. You also see Otohime's name on it, but at the top.

Now, if you were into japanese culture, or know a little of it, you may have gleamed the fact that sharing an umbrella is a very visible sign of shared intimacy. Now I know that this doesn't make any sense...but, if you look at the line drawing that Keitaro and Naru's names get bisected by...you'll see it's like a crude form of drawing an umbrella. This in fact, is like the japanese version of writing two names in a heart. That proves that they made that promise, and Naru was already essentially Keitaro's girl way back when. Mutsumi added her name, at the top and not under the umbrella no less, because Naru forgot the promise and reinstated that promise to her...which is why she gave that bear thingie to Naru.

Hmm...I know I didn't post about that umbrella thing before. I've never known that picture to represent an umbrella in itself. But, I was looking through a booklet of one of my newer DVDs (I My Me! Strawberry Eggs, tbh) and they actually explained this in the back of the little booklet. And needless to say, I made a connection. Interesting, ne?

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

hehe, bloody nerds :p

i really must finish that bloody manga some day, i have "manga moods" where i like to read it, and sometimes I don't.. I'm strange that way

11. Norlan

Norlan Guest

Izzy: I have discovered something recently against your judgement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Umm, what error? Have you even WATCHED Love Hina? I mean, honestly? Or paid any attention to what was happening?

Read my posts, Keitaro forgot what she looked like. The first girl looks like Naru, but has Otohime's hair color and eyes.

And the second picture...that was a dream sequence where Keitaro believed he was in a video game. If that REALLY happened in the series, then Shinobu and Suu wouldn't be that young compared to the others...and I doubt that they would even be alive.

READ the manga, it doesn't EXPLAIN everything, but if you look for the right clues, then you'll know I'm (and consequently, DrunkLeprechaun, who introduced me to the manga's beauty) right.