Music Contests and Games The Idea of BJP Idol

Discussion in 'Music' started by Engel, May 16, 2005.

1. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

umm another question...is there a limit as to how long the sample songs should be?

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Call me picky but I'm of the opinion that songs should be recorded in cd quality format and at least 1.5 minutes long. I'll let the creator of this contest decide, but once it's decided I'll put up a tutorial on recording and encoding.

3. Engel

Engel New Member

How long? Not too short. Not too long.

I'd say about 1.5 - 3.0 minutes.

***If it goes a little over, it is fine. Just check with me through PM.

4. Cherrygirl

alrighty thanx ^_^ ill get right on finding a song not too long and painful XD

lol neph not everybody has a recording studio in their basement :p

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No no, see, your computer has several recording quality settings. One default is "CD Quality", which keeps noise and interference to a minimum. It makes files bigger, but once you encode it to mp3 that's no big deal.

6. Engel

Engel New Member

Yes...And I would like to also include that you are also able to make your own set of lyrics/song as well. That is, if you may so choose to.

Where is that at...??

7. Cherrygirl

oooo in that case care to enlighten me as to how to do that? im computerly impared :sweat2:

8. Engel

Engel New Member

You know. I'm finding it odd how I can't find my recording thing on my computer. Any idea on where I can possibly download one...? I think that I will find it useful in future cases. >_<

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

maybe in the contests subforum, under another thread, there should be a Recording Help Faq. It would really help a lot of people out who wouldn't otherwise be able to enter the contests.

10. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

This program still works perfectly for me, it's free and it can encode to mp3 automatically as long as you have lame_enc.dll installed. I'll make an FAQ revolving around it. Also, I suggest that we not use the sound recorder that came with Windows since this only records up to 61.13 seconds.

Here's a sample, kind of a test forum intro kind of thing.. the technoish effect I added to my voice is the phaser effect:

Attached Files:

11. Engel

Engel New Member

Alright. BJP Idol submissions end tomorrow and so far I don't think that anyone is interested...Since it closes tomorrow. Whatever. I've already given up because no one is interested............

12. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Its okay Sakuma-San everyone will I promise! :D

13. Engel

Engel New Member

It's been I dunno a week maybe? And ugh...I'm starting to think I'm a failure. I should probably rant this in my journal but OMG...NO ONE put anything up and it's getting upsetting. Maybe I'm just overthinking things...

But thanks...for your support.

Much love and many huggles.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I think it's that no one noticed. I looked around and it seems there's no link to the Music Contest forum. Perhaps Cloud forgot to put it in? Anyway, that's likely the reason, is that no one could find it. I had quite the run-around trying to find this thread again yesterday.

Perhaps they're just embarrased about their singing voices? I was. I tried recording Iyokan but it was absolutely horrible.

15. Engel

Engel New Member

Since the lack of anyone participating, I'm extending the music contest.

The deadline will be for another week, June 9th. That will be all.

16. That guy!

Hmmm, why don't we just have an official deadline for the contest altogether, perhaps give people until June 30th, or later than that. I can make an announcement on the main page if we had that plus have the actual BJP Idol thread in this forum with the rules and explanation provided by you Sakuma.

Some things you can provide in the explanation are this:
    ●Genre of music for contest
    ●How long songs should be
    ●When the songs are due
    ●Any other rules that you may want to be enforced for this, along with general BJP and music contest rules

It is a bit difficult to make ones voice sound good with a normal microphone, but don't be embarassed to try. This is mainly for fun ^_^ And don't get down, this is a great idea. Although it's experimental at the moment I know we can get it to work.

17. Engel

Engel New Member

June 30th? I suppose that would be alright. We'll just have to change the monthly to a yearly. That'd make things loads easier, I suppose..

As for the explaination; here goes.

Welcome to the BJP Idol, which will be held yearly for the eager participants on BJP, ready and fired up to start showing the general public what they can do with their voices. We have many talented members here at BJP and in honor of those talented people, BJP has been created by Sakuma-san on May 16, 2006.

BJP Idol consists of rounds that go accordingly to how many participants are avaliable each year. The participants will first turn in a sample, provided by their own software, and server, that will be around 1.5 to 3.0 minutes. Those that are over the limit of three minutes will have to notify Sakuma-san or any of the BJP staff members or judges (which will be decide on later on in the future when needed). The staff/judges will then decide on whether to keep the sample or not.

BJP Idol will have its own Livejournal, which will be located here: BJP IDOL (LJ) Members who are interested in helping and/or participating with the activities within the BJP Idol, are advised to join this community on Livejournal.com. BJP Idol's Livejournal will be updated accordingly to Sakuma-san's questioning with the staff/judges and whatnot. Also, if you would like to be kept updating on the winners and whatnot, you may also join as well. (Really, anyone can.)

The rules for the contest(s) are rather simple.

All participants are expected to cooperate accordingly and not be distruptive about the work of your peers and rivals. Keep that to yourself or you WILL be removed from the contest. You may come back the next following year if you so choose.

All particpants are expected to answer any e-mails sent by Sakuma-san or any of the staff member(s)/judge(s).

All participants are expected to give credit to the composer/singer/songwritter/etc of the song that they so have chosen, OR give credit to the composer/singer/songwritter/software used/etc for the songs that they have made.

All participants must acknowledge the precense of the younger generations and be advised to NOTIFY us BEFOREHAND about any profanity or suggested themes within their songs/lyrics.

All participants are expected to hand in the following information to Sakuma-san either through PM or E-mail OR the BJP Idol Livejournal:

1.) Lyrics to your song
    2.) Credits given to the composer/singer/songwritter/etc,etc
    3.) How long the song is in general
    4.) Also...(**are optional)

Name
    Genre
    Reason why you picked it
    **Rate yourself for fun (1-5; 1 being badly done and so forth)

18. Engel

Engel New Member

Grounded!

Oy vay. What a wonderful time to become punished for something really dumb.

Yes...I have been grounded. OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *freaks out*

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...Help...Me...

*cries* I don't have my cell either, so BJP people can't call me. *dies*

...But I'd like for the contest to continue on as planned. *cries more*

19. That guy!

The show must go on so don't worry, I'll keep track of things here ;)