Movies The Last Samurai

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by seraphinx, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

How did I miss this topic?

Anyway, The Last Samurai is absolutely STELLAR. Beautiful. It definately deserves its position as my favorite live-action movie. I was definately glad to see it, anyway. I just wish i had more time to re-watch it. :(

Maybe it's because the American "culture" is utter crap? :D

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

The Samurai lifestyle is not seen in many anime. Unfortunetly, almost all anime focuses much on just the action aspect but what you have to also see is the training that they went through. From the age of 5 they started their training. Everyday they would learn the martial arts, reading, writing, tea ceremony, Zen. The samurai life style was not soley about the sword although that was a major part.

Many westerners are used to seeing Kimono as being lavishly decorated and being of bright colors and things like that. Typically tho, colors at this period were rather....somber. They were dark and usually earth tones. For the most part, kimono of bright colors and lavish designs were more used in the imperial court and by geisha.

3. Takamatsu1986E

Takamatsu1986E New Member

dont forget kyudo!

ohisashiburi desu ne, minasan!

my comp finally died, and i just now managed to re-register here and on AIM under this name