Movies The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Iya, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

After so long, someone finally did a remake of this movie/book. Has anyone seen it yet? If so, is it any good? I haven't but I'm going to pretty soon. I just reread the book a week ago to remind myself what I'm looking for in the movie. It looks really good. I just think that C.S. Lewis is somewhat of a genius. I'm a Christian myself and I thought it was really clever how he portrayed Jesus and the making of the world in the series. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

2. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

I think everyone going to see it are just little kids who liked the book. I myself read it many years ago, and liked it, but I'm not going to see the movie.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

The movie is really good, you could tell it was geared more for a younger audience, but it's still very enjoyable and ILM, WETA and Sony Digital did a great job.

Alchemy_Dude, I went to see it with my husband and I am not a little kid. I know many adults who went to see it without children.

4. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

One of my favorite books. I saw a play about it many years ago, which was enjoyable. I intend to see it when ever I can.

5. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Saw it yesterday and *LOVED* it. Although, I'll confess, when I went in I was more looking forward to the POTC 2 ad then the movie itself (XD), but it was a really good movie, and I'd totally reccomend it to anyone who was thinking about seeing it. You don't need to be a fan of the books to enjoy it (although it helps), because unlike with Harry Potter (where they had to cram a 9843940329432 page book into a two and a half hour movie), there's actually time to explain what's going on (so you can blink freely without worrying about missing something important =P).

6. Orion

Orion Gears

Went and saw it yesterday, and I was surprised how much I liked it. The battle scenes were very cool. :D

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

GOod movie.. did not do so well I dont think.. I am almost 25 and it was amazing how many people did not know what it was about..

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I just saw it today. I liked the actors that played Peter and Edmund but I didn't like Susan and Lucy. But I didn't like the Lucy in the old movie either so maybe it's just me. I thought it was a really good movie, I can't wait till they finish all seven(if they do that). The only thing I thought was annnoying was with Peter and him just holding his sword out the whole time. He was just pointing it nowhere.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol I thought Peter did a good job with no sword training at all.. haha but he was fighting knomes on horseback and such.. anyways he made it look easy.

The fighting tactics were interesting in the end battle. The White Witch also had on a very interesting outfit, I couldn't tell where her hair ended and where her mohair shirt began :p

10. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

LOL, I said the exact same thing XD

Did anybody else have to close their eyes during the Aslan scene? It got to be too much for me after "Let's shave him!" ><

11. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I thought it was great, especially how they put in the background info and stuff.

1 person likes this.
  12. Orion

Orion Gears

You'd better just believe her and walk away buddy. :D

That movie was really emotional. I thought Edmund was a total dunce. He was so stupid. Also, I was so surprised at what happened to Aslan. Never thought that would happen at all.

13. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Didnt really like it guys, book was way better.

14. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

(according to www.imdb.com) they're making Prince Caspian. Should be good ^^

15. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I didn't like it.

In fact, I think it sucked.

Why? Well, it presents to you a typical fantasy story with stereotypical characters and the like. Worse, it also has the stereotypical "dude screws up and ends up betraying the party" storyline that I've seen in awfully many fantasy stories.

There was NOTHING magical about that fantasy world, it was just populated with mystical creatures who had some magical powers, but above all of it, Narnia lacked this wonderful feeling that makes YOU want to be there.

As if that wasn't enough, they show you the account of the crucifixion. If I wanted to read that story I'd have read the Bible, thank you.

In my opinion, Narnia is a simplistic story for overly-young children who can be easily impressed about fantasy stuff (Harry Potter was much more interesting than this). Simple stories for simple people.

If it was an attempt to evangelize thru fantasy, well, it's not very effective. What this world needs to know the most is that God loves us, and I didn't see anything of that, so it's nothing much more than a historical account.

When I got out of the theater, I had this whole "so what / DUH" feeling in my head. The Final Fantasy stories are IMHO 100 times better. Sorry.

16. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

I think it was a good movie. And it was so sad when the lion was scarificed. It's out on DVD now, so if you liked it, you should go grab a copy.

17. headstrong

headstrong New Member

i saw it two weeks befor x-mas and it was wonderful, and whats sad is not not a god person at all, but i still liked it and luvweaver your wrong im not moved by a lot of moives and i was moved by narina ive read the book and fell in love with it. what your not getting luv is that its not ment to have a great big old point like harry potter there are going to be like more then 10 books over that( and btw i love HP and FF). this is something that people of all age's and religons can go see and not fill as if there being told what to belive.....beside's that love will rule all and if you have hope and can pull throw it yourll make it throw the hard times no matter what is put in your way.
    one part i did think they did a good job on was when aslan was killed i cried when i read it in the book and when i saw it....even my saten loving friend prist was with me he got all teary as well.....i give it a 5 ou of five and cant wait to see the rest of the books on moive.

always in darkness
    alexzandra

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I really enjoyed the movie, I found it, like Disney usually does, geared toward children with several jokes only adults could pick up. My husband only..really loved the beaver in chain mail part.. not sure if I already said this.

Anyways, of course I enjoyed the novel more. The 7-part Chronicles of Narnia series is very excellent. C.S. Lewis was a Catholic theologist and a good friend of Tolkien's. I enjoy the fact that those who aren't deeply religious can still enjoy Tolkien and Lewis' works.

I was a bit (just a bit) shocked when Aslan was shaved before he was killed. I had forgotten that part, and for the King of Beasts, the Lion, there is nothing more belittling then to have their pride shaven off.

Some have said they are amazed Narnia is alreayd out on DVD, but I find it fitting to buy it and watch it this week!

19. username

username New Member

I want to see all the narnia books made into movies....because i don't feel like reading them again!!!!