Movies The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Iya, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

Alright luvweaver...I know you wrote that a LOOONG time ago, but I'm going to use the excuse that I wasn't around during the time this thread was made to justify my response...plus I just feel like arguing :p

You DO realize that the movie is based on the book which was written in the 50's right? that book most likely STARTED all the 'stereotypical' fantasy stuff we have today. Dissing it for being cheesy and typical is like complaining about the clothes peasants wore in the middle ages and wondering why they didn't wear levi's.

As for drawing parallels to the crucifixion...again the book was written in the 50's, it was something new at the time.

In another 50 years, if someone decides to do another Final Fantasy movie, don't be surprised if kids complain that it's lame and typical and that it's all been done before.

Your comments are irrelevant.

Just thought I'd come to the defense of a perfectly good classic.

2. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

lol Cherry girl has a good point there. I kinda thought the movie was ok....but not as good as the original books. But the movie could have been a bit more violent lol