The Manga: Read it.

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by DrunkLeprachaun, Jun 24, 2002.

1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

You read the title. It is my favourite manga ever, and probably one of my favourite things ever. You should read it. You will read it.
    Where can I get this wonderful thing, you ask?
    <edit>links removed over legality issues -UK</edit>
    Do this, and it'll cause world peace. Don't believe me? Then you better download it to proove me wrong.

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

hehe, i realized earlier today that I had never finished the manga.. i stopped at volume 6 ages ago.

am going to read it tomorrow :)

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I haven't done it in a while, so it's time to plug my manga viewer.

I've made up a handy javascript that makes it easy to voew all 14 volumess (and volume 0) using your browser. You can flip pages easily, or go to a specific page number, or even chapter. It's a small dl, but good things come in small packages. That said, I don't have it with me right now, but I'll grab it, then DL it myselfso it doesn't look pathetic with no downloads

4. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

That very same mangaviewer which I'm adapting to the Marmalate boy and I"s manga right now... heh heh.. I'm shameless.. but then again, I built the chapter access for that viewer. But enough about me.

Read the Manga! It's a better story than the Anime, *especially* the volumes that LHA are supposed to cover, and fails miserably.

5. YokoburiKinura

Hmm... well then, the next time I'm down in Amarillo, I can pick up Tokyopop's print of the first volume. Or, I can wait until Keitaro can hook me up with the scans... but even that super-handy viewer isn't quite the same as holding a bound copy. So, a tough choice for me.

Or I can start collecting the Japanese print! No, wait, now that there's a bilingual edition it'll be harder to get the less expensive Japanese-only version. A quandary...

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ive been trying to say for ages now that the MANGA is 1 ZILLION Times better then the damn anime...

Love hina the Manga Is AMAZING!

KAME

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Is there any OTHER place I can get the manga? I mean, I'm patient and all, but I'm not gettin' anything from Tudza's site.

Nevermind, I take that back. I just takes a whole lotta time for the download's to start. And it looks like it takes a long time to get the downloads as well. :sweat2: thank god for broadband!

8. starlightmishi

I have always been a manga person..! Love hina is such a great story,and yes the manga is very cool. I have not gotten all the volumes but I will in the end I can promise you that!!!!!:)

9. Sovin Ndore

Sovin Ndore New Member

I agree that Love Hina manga is awesome. It improves and fills in gaps on what I feel has established itself as one of the best anime series ever. I rarely find anything that I read funny enough to laugh out loud (dont even dare make a lol joke), but love hina is one of those amazing series that is just so light and funny that I cannot help but laugh.

If you are new to Love Hina, I still suggest you start with the anime, despite the fact that the manga is typically better, just because the anime adds color to the reading of the manga, and is extremely good in its own right.

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

alright,n that's it!

this week i am going to finish that bloody manga, i have been on volume 6 for the last half a year, just never bothered to read it

but NOW! I have purpose, I have meaning! I have nothing better to do!

11. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

/me pictures mordethwith a funnel in his mouth and someone is pouring Love Hina manga into it

Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

12. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

i dont think i ever got to say thanks, Drunk.
    well.
    thanks.
    u've made me a happy man.
    :)

13. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

While it is a great resource... due to legality issues (with the manga available translated in print from TokyoPop) I'm removing links & addresses to scanslations & sites that hold them. Though, if you'd like to read more scanslations of other manga that haven't quite made it here yet, Try NOATED.com. ;)

BTW, TokyoPop is definately a worthy company to buy manga from, they print it right (to left...). Just a note for those who don't want to learn japanese just so they can buy the untranslated volumes...

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <-- Urusee na hito.

14. DrunkLeprachaun

Well, seeing as the links have been removed, if you want the scans, you can PM me. But only if you have previously purchased it, and only desire the scans as a back up(of course, I'll have no way to check this, I'll just have to take your word). But please don't spam me, I will reply, even if it's not immediately.

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hmm, I can respond to PMs if you do own it as well. So, either me or the Drunk one.

Oh, and yes, having these scans without purchasing the manga is a copyright violation.

16. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

is it?
    well most people say the dvd is pretty ****, so instead im gonna get the official manga then.
    is it illegal, say, if i have the manga in japanese (which i cant read), and not read it, but have it. and instead read the english one i have on comp?

17. DrunkLeprachaun

If you own the japanese version, then it is legal to have scanslations on your computer, as backups. But you'd find it much easier to find the english version.