Movies The Nightmare Before Christmas

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Alla Bloom, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

Nightmare Before Christmas

Well, it's the tenth anniversary of Nightmare before Christmas!! I just would like to hear some opinions of this movie. I love this movie more than any other movie...well other than Edward Scissorhands...I'm really curious about what you think!

TIM BURTON ROCKS!!!:D

2. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

My favorite non-anime movie of all time! :) I love TNBC... so great, such good music. I am a huge Tim Burton/Danny Elfman fan thanks to that movie.

And they have merchandise for it at Hot Topic... my Christmas gift to a friend of mine was a Jack Skellington music box that played "Jack's Lament". If only I wouldn't spend all my money on anime, my room would be full of Jack Skellington stuff. :D

3. Fushigi Rockna

10TH ANIVERSERY ALREADY?! :eek: whoa.

i rmemeber watching this as a little kid and I watched it last year too. <3 I love this movie.

4. Jet_Black

Jet_Black New Member

it was a good movie I remember seeing it in theaters I can't beleive it's 10 years already wow I feel old now

don't forget jack the pumpkin king (l^l) (it's soposed to be my pitful pumpkin)

5. Novus

Novus Gone

It's like the Year of the Tenth Year Anniversary of Stuff, or something. This movie, Virtua Fighter ... who knows what else ... I want a tenth anniversary too!
    Any way, this was a great movie. It was a lot of fun to watch even when I was ... yowza, nine years old. Are you sure it was ten years? I must have timewarped or something.
    There's not a whole lot of good claymation around, but this movie was very well done.

6. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

Yes, i'm sure it's the tenth. I know it feels weird, but the movie was made in '93! God, how time flys!

7. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Great characters, very creative story. Jack and Sally were my favorites. I haven't seen the movie for years... I should see it again.

8. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I love it!! It's just, SO great!! wow, it has been 10 years already!!
    Yeah, I can still remember the day I bought it, I was like 10 maybe, and now I am 18, well, you can say 19 ^^;

Great movie *goes to watch it again for its anni.*

9. Novus

Novus Gone

If anyone hasn't played Kingdom Hearts yet, check out Squaresoft's rendition of this movie. The original clay was still better, but I thought the feel of Burton's work was well-captured.

10. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

THAT IS MY FAVE MOVIE...IT OVER PASSES ALL OTHER MOVIES....I ABSOLUTLY LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS MOVIE....I OWN IN ON VHS...BUT I ALSO WANT TO GET IT ON DVD...LOL...

Misao

11. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I ABSOLUTLEY WORSHIP THIS MOVIE!

I still sing "Jack's Lament", "This is Halloween", and several others. In fact, this Halloween, we're prolly gonna dress up my little cousins as Shock, Lock, and Barrel, and we're all dressing as the whole cast!

It's been, like, 9 years, but I still love it. I had no idea today was the anniversary!

PARTY TIIIIIIIIIIME! :cool:

12. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I absolutley love Danny Elfman, too. He's got a beautiful voice, makes me want to just hug Jack, or eat him! XD Yesh, when I love something very much I want to eat it. Like Manga.

13. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I thought that it was lock stock and barrel... hum....interesting...let me know UFOtaku...

Misao

14. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

True. Halloween Town was one of the best stages in the game, methinks. Any game that lets you have Jack in your party is good. :) And the music was faithful to the movie, with a wonderful instrumental "This is Halloween" and the remixed Elfman-ish fight theme. NBC fans should check it out.

15. Novus

Novus Gone

That's the movie, not the network, I assume ;).

Let me just say this, for the record:

Taking Christmas ... Taking Christmas ...

16. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

Danny Elfman has the most haunting voice ever...I fell in love with it at the first sweet note...::runs off to lisen to nightmare's wonderful soundtrack::

17. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've watched that movie since i was like 3-ahhh brings back memories!:)

18. Fushigi Rockna

Btw, was there any meaning to Lock Shock and Barrel? When I first said it to my dad he thought I mean Stock instad of Shock I believe, therefore telling me it was a term (can't what for tho). But Lock Shock and Barrel seems to have no meaning, unless it actually IS Stock, but that would make no sense, the term dad told me it meant doens't fit those three. :confused:
    Ya see, I have a problem, i try to find symbolism in everything, or I try to find out why the writer/creator/whatever names soemboyd soemthing or do soemthing some way.

19. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

hmmmm...

Lock, Shock, and Barrel...If you think about it, the names just fit really well with the characters...I think Tim Burton just wanted three creative explosive names to give the trouble making children!:)

20. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Wows, I love this movie! I've watched it every year since I was 4 and I always go to Halloween Town in Kingdom Hearts. Such a whimically gothic world Tim Burton has created... again I luff it!
    Like when Jack walks down into his pumpkin patch on the swirly thingy... if I could I'd get a poster of that xD
    And and... the mayor's face.
    And zero. Awwww.
    And the doors... oo0o0o ahhh...
    Ok ok enough memories ^^
    Favorite song from there is possibly Oogie Boogie's song.