Computers The Nonresponding Tasks vs. The Task Manager

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Zanza, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Lately, alot of program freeze on me. When I open the Task Manager, you obviously can see "Not Responding" next to that freezed program.

When I click on "End Task" the usual things go on (This program is not responding.. etc - End Program or Cancel). When I click on "End Program" nothing happens.. and I mean NOTHING..

Is this the work of evil spywares?

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Damn computers. When you press Alt+Ctrl+Dlt and open the task manager, click on procceses rather than applications. Select the process, and click "End Proccess". Try uninstalling all those spyware programs, they never work. I say an ultimate system reboot. Meaning erase everything, and start new.

-Seishin

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

That what happens.. actually, when that program never "ends", most of the programs get screwed, if not all, that I have to reboot my laptop.

(sometimes I have to press the "On" key to shut down the laptop :/)

My vote goes to ultimate format! (but that itslef messes the PC even more :/ Since I formatted my laptop once 2 years ago, nothing transformed to the better..)
    I am so taking that "PC maintnance & troubleshooring" subject :p (pokes Saber!)

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

If a Laptop is the case, I reccomend just taking out the battery with the power cord plugged in. That is to temporarly ease the pain. However, either an "Ultimate Format", or purchasing an actual good cleaning software, and using "Disk Defragmenter" on your computer should also help.

-Seishin

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member