The resignation...

Discussion in 'News' started by BakaMattSu, Mar 31, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've been putting this off for quite some time, now, and I suppose I might as well be out with it for now.

I've had some fond times here at M2A and made an effort to bring the most impact I could muster to the boards around me - to make a difference.

I saw a promotion to the near-level of Cloud to help administer the site. The role was not one that has suited me well. In other words, I'm not a very good Admin.

Responsibility and power is something I can't manage well, and while it's been a good run, I definately can't keep up with it anymore. The pressures and demands of life, school, and work have made keeping up with my duties too much for me to handle.

Hence, in a few days I will be leaving my duties behind as Admin. I thank all the cooperative members who have made my job easier, especially those team members who have shined so brightly during their taxing duties. I have given my choices for my replacement from the more notable members of the team to Cloud. If you receive this, please give it some serious thought. Administration can be a very demanding job and you sometimes hear all sorts of complaints and requests, but it's worth it in the end.

Thank you all, again.
    -BakaMattSu

1 person likes this.
  2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

**** man, it's a shame to see you resign, you were a damn fine admin. Don't think anybody would have done a better job, but I do understand your situtuation, being in a similar one myself. So good luck, and I hope your successor does a decent job of attempting to fill your shoes.

3. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

dayam.
    thats ****.
    my arse. u were a great admin. u did a real good job.
    i think i speak on behalf of all of m2a when i say thanks for all the time you were willing to spare just to keep the forums and the site running smoothly. we all thank you. :)

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Very sorry to see you go Matt, I hope that you will stay around as a member and post now and again :(

All the best,

John / Cloud.
    --

5. Kirei na kimyou

Kirei na kimyou New Member

Well, I've been admin on another site so i know how it is.
    Sorry to see ya go, though :(
    But what has to be done has to be done, doesn't it? ;)
    Have fun!

6. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

You will be missed BMS, truly. Even though I've not been here long, I think you did a wonderful job. Good luck in everything you do!

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

BMS, We will Miss You m8.

You did one hell of a job here...:(

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

April fool!

Hehe, it's April 1st, and I GOTCHA!

That's right, I had no intention of resigning from the start. M2A is like a home away from home to me, and I love to be a part of it all - especially all those administrative duties to which I have gotten so used to. Never once have I considered stopping due to the time it requires from me, and I plan to keep on lending my support and ear to the members around here.

Before a lot of you lose your temper and strangle me, I'd like to point out the bright side of this little prank. And that is the positive feedback I received from so many members when I made my initial announcement. In only a single day I received a good portion of replies and PMs telling me how I will be missed, and what a good admin I was, and about half of these were from members I'd never heard this from before.

A big hearty thank you to all those who would miss me, were I going. I feel loved. :)

Oh, yeah....and.....Nya, Nya, Nya, Nya! I tricked you! I tricked you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Matt, I'm not going to water your stilly head anymore. Nu uh. Well, at least you're not leaving the admin post. Wouldn't do to have M2A God-Turnip less. But, I'm sure that everybody else feels the same way I do.

Oh, and I'm a WOMAN!.......err......April Fools.

10. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

.....I hate April 1st --'

Good Prank There mate....

You freaking got us all...:anger:

11. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

lol BMS i knew from the first time I saw your post that it was a prank .. and i followed in your footsteps sensei ...
    :D

12. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Damn you!! I really thought you were going. Same goes to you ToOmAa. I can't believe you! You're devilish! I was wondering who would replace you and whatnot, I even made up a PM with some you'll be missed etc emotional stuff, yuk. Next time, dont count on it.

13. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

it wasnt evil april fools when you posted that you bastard :)

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Some pranks need to be set up a bit early, hehe. My last April fool was set about a week before April. Guess who wasn't born on April 1st, like I fooled a few? ^^

15. kibu

kibu Member

you resign. thats a bad news. :(

16. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Ah, check and mate, you evil little turnip...you had me going too, for the few seconds that I read your resignation post...You got me sad, then happy, then angry, then happy again ^_^= Same with you tooms...although this one was more believable than the Tooma & Zanza prank :p

Glad y'all aint goin...:D

17. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Damn, I was gonna post the Clerks Cartoon chant of 'One of us! One of us!'. Nice 1/4 joke though Matt, gratz on getting so many people ;)

- Ark

18. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I thought you were serious at first, just by the whole tone of the thread ^^;;; You are a great admin MattSu and if you did leave I think that a huge part of this board would be lost... And ne, you only have this year of college left and then you are free(besides work and stuff)

19. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Just a thought... what would you have done if no-one gave a ****?
    (Not that it's anyway near a possibility... just wondering)

20. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I'm going to go take a turnip out on the road, get in the car, run over it seven times (YES SEVEN) and relish every moment of it.

evil evil evil april fools joke. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT WOULD SUCK IF YOU LEFT!!!!!!??!?!??! *kicks BMS*

Although, I have to admit, it was rather brilliant. But still evil.