The Ultimate Star Wars Lightsaber Kit

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Well, ultimate so far.
    It seems that Hasbro keeps coming up with neat ideas for Star Wars Merchandise i can buy.
    What is the newest product?
    As the title says, The Ultimate Star Wars Lightsaber Kit.
    Its a Do It Yourself lightsaber kit. Containing parts from many famous lightsabers and all can be assembled in hundreds of combinations.
    With an energy cell that changes the style of the noise your blade turns on...or even the idle humming noise.
    And the Focusing lenses that change the blade color (comes with a transparent blade).
    That, and you can build yourself a neat Doubleblade if you want to as well.

Sorry i dont have the article or when it even comes out.

I was hoping i could get more info from you guys.

- Kayion

2. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

post link or url :p I can't see it anywhere

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The only thing I care about right now is if it'll be the big, thick, kiddy sabers, or the properly scaled ones that cost, what, 150 bucks?

4. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Scale replicas are ok. Although not as sweet as the Master Replica sabers, not all of us can spend 300 something on a saber....no matter how good it may be.

- Kaiyon

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I was referring to the master replicas or whatever it was that looked pretty much exactly like a lightsaber and cost an insane amount of money.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Those were pretty cool. I got to check one out at Anime North. Bloody expensive though. Far more than I'd ever be willing to spend.

What about these lightsaber kits, then? You know how much they'd cost, what they look like when finished, all that fun stuff?

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Bah, I bet they'd break the first time you tried anything with it. The ones I saw were strong. You could have a semi-serious fight with them and they'd be fine. Actually they were quite impessive and had I been any more of a Star Wars fan (and had I not had to take it home on an airplane) I woulda bought one.

That'd be kinda funny. "Sir, we found a lightsaber in this guy's luggage." "What? A lightsaber? Who is this guy? Anakin Skywalker?" "He must be a terrorist!" "Get the guard dogs!"

...It's 12:45 am, give me a break. :p

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

10. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

You had to do it, didnt you?

People, unless you're a big Star Wars fan...and I mean !BIG!, this item is not the right for you. Even less, the replicas.

If you're a casual fan, the Ultimate Kit would go good for you. Or, you could keep it as a collectible and sell it in 28 years. Your pick!

- Kaiyon

11. Reisti Skalchaste

That looks pretty much like the ones I saw at AN. Does it make the lightsaber sounds when you swing it or turn it on and off? And the "blade" part, the ones I saw were made of fiberglass, the demonstrator had me hit his arm with it to show how tough it was (he asked me not to hit too hard though :()

But the things seemed pretty durable. I was considering buying one, but I ended up opting out of it because I didn't have room in my luggage. :p

12:45 am, lol, that's like, early afternoon for me now. I don't start complaining about being tired until the sun starts rising, these days. :p

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Yes. That Lightsaber makes the sound when you turn it on (Ignite) or turn it off. Also makes sounds when you move it arround. If you leave it still, it just hums like a lightsaber, and if you hit it it makes the hitting noise. The Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker sabers only make one distinct hitting noise, but the Mace Windu (As shown) make around 3-4 different ones, which is cool.

I may get the Darth Maul twin blade saber, but I'd have to buy one part, and my other brother (not Kaiyon) would have to buy the other one. But there's no cooler FX than the Darth Maul, unless they somehow made the Obi-Wan one.

The blade is durable, but it doesn't mean you can do fights in it, or at least hit it really hard. It is suggested that you wipe the glass kinda thingy every now and then, otherwise the hits stay as marks. Not something supremly noticable, but it's there...

-Seishin

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Sounds about the same then. Well I hope you like it, I know I would've until I got bored and left it in my closet to gather dust. :p It's pretty cool, but like all collecter's items, the use it actually has gets old pretty fast. (to me at least)

PS: Don't you know what a king is? Look it up :D