The World

Discussion in '.hack' started by Kokoro, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

Here's something to ponder...
    What if "The World" was real?

I'm not talking MMORPG like FFXI, I'm talking like with voice talk and visors and all...

Would you join?
    I WOULD!!
    I would be at twin blader looking for anything connected to the Key of Twilight, even if people say it wasn't real.
    Maybe if they made it then they might put the key... but then Cubia...

Would you join or stay away? Afraid that the coma thing could happen??

Kokoro

2. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yes yes yes!!
    I would definetly join!
    I don't care if I got in a coma.
    Okay, maybe I would but it be fun just for the experience.
    I would want to be either a wavemaster or a twinblade.

3. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Yeah, and I'd probably get obsessively addicted. Infact, I would give it a good thought before starting. Think of the pandemonium if there really was 'The World!' People would be on 24/7, wasting their lives away, and getting it mixed up with reality.
    Ok... maybe I'm just a little too paranoid. But it could happen.
    Still, it would be loads of fun. In the future I can see them creating some kind of fully functional world, (but not anytime soon!)

4. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I would definatly join. I always thought how cool it would be if it were real. To have such an advanced online game would be awesome! I would love to play a game like that, I would stay in touch with the real world though. Use the game like an escape from reality when I needed it, or somehing. It would just be fun to have.
    Like Yasuko was saying, some people would probably end up thinking the World was real and think the real world was the game. They would play it as if it were life.

5. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

real and reality?

That is true, some people might like the game more then reality, then get stuck in the game.

I wouldn't though. I would find it a refuge but still deal with the real world... I like my life in the real world! No cyber space can take over my life!!!

Oh... but I would DO play that game if it were real...
    is it true that they are really making THE WORLD? I heard that it was suppose to be released (Beta version) in 2006-2008.
    Please say that it's true...

If you look at the game (.Hack) on the bottom the THE WORLD loging thing with the board and enterance to the game look on the bottom.

It says that the copyright date is 2007-2010.
    Think that game will be out in 2007??? I sure hope so. I'm class of 06! I can play all the time!

Kokoro

6. Miko

Miko New Member

Hahaha. I'd sign up almost immediately! ^^ I'd be either a Twin Blade or a Wavemaster. either way, I'm all abou the rare item. *sings* My best friend has a first name, its R-A-R-E. My best friend has a last name, its I-T-E-M.*to the tune of the oscar miejer wiener jingle*

7. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

Fun fun fun...

I would be a hunter for hire...
    I would help people get to the Gott statues and stuff, take care of negotions and that... all for a low price.

The Crimson Knights would HATE me... I hated them anyway...
    Bring them on...

Kokoro

8. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I don't think it will be out by 2007 or even 2010. We're really not that advanced yet...
    And speaking of obsessive, I heard some Ragnarok player got into an RPG "relationship" and when they "broke up," he comited suicide. Course, this is just something heard from my friend, but people do get REALLY involved.
    It'd be neat to be a Wavemaster or Heavy Blade. ^^

9. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

eeek...

Yikes... that freaks me out...

Some people just get too attached to the game. They need to know reality from fantasy. That's the first problem.

And we're not that far off, ever been to Disney Quest? If you go there then you know that you are not that far from making this game. Probably if I had to choose a date, it would 2010. Look up Disney Quest, it's a total VR theme park! I LOVE it there!

Kokoro

10. fallenshadows

fallenshadows New Member

I would join and I wouldn't care if I got trapped there- because it would just be cool and I wouldn't care if I was put into a coma- because I wouldn't really know. I hope. I'd definately be a wavemaster and bug admins until they made an actual Balmung character... Mmmmm.... Balmung...

11. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I whole-heartedly agree with Stevie. While it would certainly prove to be an enjoyable pastime, it'd also ammount to a severe waste of time. RPGs are addicting enough, a game where you're actually presented with the opportunity to exist in an alternate reality would be irresistable for some.

Including me, of course. Heck ya I'd join, if it was even a remote possibility ^_^

12. Yuki S.

Yuki S. New Member

yeah i would join. the coma thing im not scared....and i would be a blade master.....i think it would be really cool if the world was real

13. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

If there was a real "world" I would defentily join. That would be so cool. You could be in a virtual world. Just thinking about it is making all jumpy. (starts jumping) I would probably be either a heavy blade, twin balde, or blade master. :D

14. Ouka

Ouka New Member

I would defenintly join! :D I'd be a career werewolf like Ouka from .hack//DUSK. :dizzy2: that is what she's from right?

15. dark_angel

dark_angel New Member

shure i would join dont care even if im in coma or watever!!!!!! :cool: as long as i can play!!!! hehehehhehe lol but seriusely would they make a game like dat in reall world????

16. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Sure... So long as it doesn't have that nasty coma inducing side effect it always seems to have in the anime. ;)