Computers Time I'll buy a new tablet now..

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Superfly, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Been having good times with my little Wacom Volito, but the fact it's not supported by MacOSX (my iBook for school) was quite troublesome because it would only work like a mouse, with no pressure sensitivity. Until I found a driver (unofficial probably) which DID allow me to use it like a regular tablet on OSX.
    The shitty part is, a friend let me borrow her Graphire 4 for a little while (used it 5-10 minutes and I coloured a picture), but that required me to install THAT driver for a moment, and that moment was enough to f*** it up for my Volito. Now I need to find back that driver for the Volito, but I've been looking for 3 hours straight with no results.

Soooo I'm gonna buy myself a Graphire4 Classic XL, I liked the results.. It would be a waste to go for Studio XL, why should I spend more to get 2 more programs, while I can get better ones from school? Exactly..

The only shitty part about it is: the package would cost 16O€, plus 9.50€ shipping costs... AND count in the 19% taxes, it makes a good 202€.. that's 40€ extra. Now I know where my future Christmas/Newyears/birthdaymoney will be spent on.. XP

2. Jet

Jet New Member

Thats unfortunate. If it is a cheaper price you are looking for, try Amazon, or possibly ebay. I don't know if you trust the quality of online auctions, but if you have a little faith, it can be a good route for you.

3. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Hmmm nope I don't trust those :p I'd rather go for certainity

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Protip: Amazon is certain.