To write or not to write a sequel?

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Game Meister, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Game Meister

Game Meister New Member

:blush2: Do you think Ken Akamatsu should write a sequel regarding on Love Hina?

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Difficult to say!

I would like to read more and see how the characters are still getting on.

But i think that it may be best to leave it the way it is. It finished on a happy note and if they try to continue on the story then they may just end up ruining the story and characters.

So as much as i HATE to admite it, No the story shouldn't continued. Thats not to say that if he did go back and write more to the story that i wouldn't pick it up and read it.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There's nothing to write a sequel about. If anything, Ema's story would probably follow the exact line of thinking as Keitaro. It isn't a new dream or anything, just the fact that she's not doing it to meet her "one true love" doesn't mean that she's not trying to get into Todai.

It'd just be more of the same, with Ema added in. Although, I'd *want* to see how Motoko became an author...o_O As such, Keitaro will still act like an idiot (read: Seta) but all the girls will still love him for it, even if he chose someone else. Read: Seta + Haruka.

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

As mentioned before, it will be very hard for Ken Akamatsu to write a sequel to Love hina, even though he said that the project is finished.

Check out A.I Love You instead, it has the same amount of Ecchiness and maybe the art is old, but it was one of Ken Akamatsus first manga.

- Teddz

5. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

ai loveyou

um as muchas want one, no it sholdnt tha is mangawith agood ending it wuldnt be rigt

6. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

Whaaaaaaat? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!!!!

Are you all INSANE?!!!

:anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger:
    If you were really Love Hina fans, you would not deny the opportunity for a sequal. Love Hina is to me as the Necronomicon is to dead people. It's my second religion, and I would gladly start an inquisition to wipe the world clean of non-believers :anger2: JK! :sweat:

Still, the Love Hina series should be continued. Any true blue reader would not deny this. I mean, who says that the series would have to continue with Ema Maeda being the sole new character. In fact, I would be depressed if that were the case. Don't be a prick. Don't deny your need for more books. For god's sake, think of the children!!! The children!! :dizzy2:

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

...The fact that you're quoting ME, of all Love Hina fans is why I'm even bothering to respond.

Love Hina, is DONE. I'd love to see more, but more as in: Akamatsu suddenly saying he's actually wrote 19 volumes to be added in the MIDDLE of reading the 14-volume manga.

If you were a Akamatsu Ken FAN, you'd be applauding him for moving on to other things. To give him a chance to grow out of doing Hina and into Negima or Mao, or whatever his sexual-innuendo-addled mind can think of next.

8. Hice

Hice New Member

I really don't see the need for a sequal, but I would like to see the bit with Ema and also see Keitaro's wedding animated.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ye right!
    A real fan of a manga can tell when something is over and that there is no more story line to it. Only somebody that is totally obsesed with something would say that there should be a sequal even after the writer has said that he's not going to make any more.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i would have really liked it if he would have made a #15 and then ended it just so we could see how ema, Keitaro and naru would do with there new lifes. :sweat2:

but i don't mind that he stoped it at 14 :shy:

11. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I say no. If they did make a new love hina i think it sould just be about tottally new ppl in the hinata house. it seems whenever they keep on going on old things it just looses its touch unless by some miracle.

12. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

Dang!!!!!!

Wow..... I haven't gotten this much bad feedback since the time I stuck a fork in that base amplifier...... :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: ......When you put it that way....Ah, who am I kidding. I'll be happy as long as Akamatsu keeps writing for at least another 5 years. Sadly, the malignant otaku disease is spreading through me, and if it continues to take five freaking months to translate akamatsu books, then it's over for me. Come to think of it, all manga books take too damn long to translate. Heck, I'm learning Japaneseand I could do a faster job of translating these books than the corporations are. Now I know the popular arguement that, if you don't want a craptasticaly translated manga, you have to give them time, but there are some danged good manga that can be translated in an average time of 2 weeks. That beats the stuffing out of a 3 to 5 month period of tranlation. These companies just need more translators and better skilled ones at that! Either that, or they need to start employing that top secret telepathic language translation machine. Whatever you do, think clean thoughts!!!! :bleed: :anime: :anime:

"Glory to Erusea
    Of might and right are we
    Power to Erusea
    Combat thy enemy
    Hail to Erusea
    The promised land are thee
    Stand strong, Erusea
    We fight for the free"
    [​IMG]