Current Affairs Today was a beautiful day.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peachy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

As a proud strict-republican for the majority of my short life..I come to you my friends.

Until today I had gritted my teeth at the thought of Obama. I really had. I had put a smile on and respected our soon-to-be president but I hated the idea more than any other time in any political situation. I hated the guy and all of the people who lashed out screaming "oMFGG OBBBAAAMMA YAAAY".

I was truly wrong and I apologize. I watched the inauguration today and it brought so many tears to my eyes. We did it! We have actually became what was intended when this country was created. Free. All of god's children (MLK) of every color are now standing and watching holding hands in prayer before the white house welcoming our first African American President. All of this struggle and hatred will never go away in some people but most of our country was watching today and bowing their heads in respect.

Good Job America. I can say that for that for the first time in a long time. We have overcame the odds. We have fulfilled the dreams of MLK and JFK and all the others. The dream is reality.

We proved the world wrong. Welcome Barack Obama. Prove the close-minded people wrong and show the world you will do the unexpected as we have shown them.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Will they paint the white house black and call it black house now?

Kidding...I was happy and worried because of people stupidity. Racism hasn't been abolished in America yet. With every generation it gets weaker and weaker.

I still will worry. But the future looks brighter with Obama.

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Dude LOL I seen an image that has these words on it. Excuse language if it offends, i didn't write it homie.
    'Nigga please, this is the WHITE HOUSE."

It made me giggle in a way because that is just so stupid and confederate state like.

Don't get me wrong though. Alabama pwns face.

4. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Sadly, I have heard no shortage of Obama-bashing in the world around me since his inauguration. If anything, it's coming full-force now. Pretty upsetting.

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

but sadly, all presidents get bashed. Poor Clinton.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Despite all that some people want the job.

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I've been rather impressed with how well the people around me have taken to the idea of Obama. Mind you, this is Connecticut...

8. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Personally, I was disappointed with this election. I would have loved to have had the oppertunity to vote for an African American and help get him elected.

Unfortunately, I didn't agree with his politics and couldn't vote for him in good faith. Maybe in four years a candidate will run who continues to break racial barriers in the United States but also aligns with my political and moral beliefs.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think its going to take a while for people to either get used to or except the change, but their going to have to get used to it or be unhappy for the next 4 years. I'm glad that i was around in this world to see what is a massive hurdel in changes for racial equallity in America.

10. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I had to be miserable for the past eight years, I think they can handle four for their mistakes.

11. artemis836

Bush wasn't that bad. I think people over-demonize him instead of facing the fact that there were a mulitude of people responsible for the rough parts of the last few years. I'm not saying he's perfect, but its not all him.

12. Chane

Chane Audience of One

You can not be the entirety of a problem and still be the sole source.

13. artemis836

I think the sole source is us.

We don't want to admit it but we re-elected him. We gave him one of the highest approval ratings of any president, ever. Sure it was in the toliet when he left but he was soaring above the eagles at one point.

We let corruption take hold. We let the government get bad. We let these companies loot and steal from America.

The Constitution isn't based on "He the Bush" but "We the People".

Its easier to blame a scapegoat then deal with our own actual failings. You and I my friend, we're all in this together.

We want to make America a better place? Sounds great lets do it. If we start with ourselves it'll happen.

Not before.

14. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Like my mother said..if he was o-so terrible. Why did he get re-elected twice? I mean yeah we're pretty screwed right now but I mean we had the depression while the most economic (self-made millionare) was in office. I just need to stop thinking too much about it. It changes my opinion back and forth, back and forth.
    Do you know there are Obama tee-shirts and junk now? That really makes me angry. It's more a fame-issue as I stated before than an actual big change for the country. It'll be entertaining for a year or so and then it'll go back to the original picture. I never really agreed with Obama either until the day I posted this. I'll give the dude a chance, just without the pessimistic what some people BECAUSE I AM WHITE CONSIDER RACIST expectations.

In my opinion..it is YOU who is racist if you jump to race every time I disagree with someone who isn't my own race ^.^ I love you all.