Tomita's family?

Discussion in 'Tomita' started by Andrew, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I seem to recall seeing a picture of Tomita with a woman in the background. Was this his wife? Does Tomita have any children?

2. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

I met his daughter breifly in Tokyo. One might assume she'd be dressed kind of stylish.

Ms. Makita, Tomita-san's coordinator would probably look more dressed in business/spokeswoman suited attire.

3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply. Did his daughter have anything to say about her Dad? Was she not dressed very nicely?

4. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

I just was introduced and said hello. I think she was wanting to say hello to her father who was just back from London but didn't stay the evening. She was dressed very well.

Not sure exactly how you read what I said and interpreted otherwise. She was clearly looked like one could guess she's his daughter and I was hinting that a spokeswoman would foremost be dressed like someone with an important job while a daughter would be dressed to look good for the occasion at hand without a bit of business formality. Well I'm just guessing since I haven't seen the picture.

5. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Oh, okay. I did misread it. I thought you were saying that she "should" have been well dressed. I wonder if she or any other children of Tomita's are musicians?

6. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

Sorry, I phrased it that way because I was guessing at both who I've seen before might be in a picture with Tomita and additionally what they might be wearing as a possible way to tell who it might be.

I had heard his daughter sings.

7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

And am I right in saying that Daphnis et Chloe was dedicated to his daughter's marriage - the couple's names can be seen in the album cover.

8. Andrew

Andrew New Member

One of these days, I'm going to have to pick up Bach Fantasy and Daphnis et Chloe. I never did buy them. :(

9. Neto

Neto New Member

but you heard Daphnis et Chloe (Bolero), right?

:)

10. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Believe it or not, I haven't heard either of them. At least not beyond a five minute snippet or so at a friend's house years ago.

The last Tomita LP I bought was the then-new Bermuda Triangle. I've only recently (say the last 4 years) purchased some of these RCA titles on CD, and Planets on DVD-Audio. If Tomita's other RCA works are ever released on DVD-A, I'll certainly buy those as well. I can't say enough good things about the DVD-A format, esp. when it's Tomita's synths surrounding you in high resolution audio. :)

11. Neto

Neto New Member

Andrew, you are missing something really nice!.

I have the 1991 japanese reissue of the Daphnis et Chloe album, the first time I heard it, it was from the dozens of times used american vinyl of an uncle. Now I'm looking for the recent japanese reissue since it is my favorite of all the Tomita albums and one of all my life favorites, it's the music of my dreams. Maybe you should check this recent edition since it could take some time to see another reissue of Tomita albums.

12. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Thanks for the recommendation, Neto. I think I'll scout for a copy right now... :)