Movies Too Fast Too Furious III - Tokyo Drift

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Zanza, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Has anyone saw that movie?

I didn't like the fact that the main-supposedly-17 character was actually an old-in-his-mid-30s guy. I liked the racing, but it was nothing compared to 2F2F 1 & 2. The best thing in the movie -beside that it was in japan :p- was the songs, they were awesome.

Did anyone see it?

2. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

i saw it im moving to Toyko and bying a drift care and its gana be sweeeeeet i thought i was awsome

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

All I got to say is DK DOES stand for Donkey Kong. :D

4. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I never bothered with it when I noticed in the trailer there was only one Japanese person in Tokyo. :p Seriously though I just find this movies to be silly and endured the first one because me and my girlfriend both have a thing for Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez.

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I have a thing for cars :rolleyes:

7. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I haven't seen it yet but, I will soon.

8. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

I have seen toyko drift its about this guy street racing and gets and trouble and has to move to his dads house in toyko.When he gets to school he meets this kid that goes to the same school as him and shows how people in toyko japan race which is drift racing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hrm i thought it was pretty good. mostly cause im a drift racer myself.

There were some pretty stupid parts to it tho.... *coughs* old characters that should stay out of it *coughs* but overall the action was fairly decent.

Interestingly enough, the old man in the blue jacket on the pier was Keiichi Tsuchiya, or more commonly known as, The Drift King. He was the technical director for the movie, acting out the drift scenes and such to make sure they were realistic.

I think it was nice that they finally brought a truly Japanese motorsport into the publics view. Technically, Drift racing does exist here and its got some fairly large gathering dedicated to it, but being America, the biggest motorports tend to be NASCAR (STUPID) and drag racing. so it was nice to finally see a full Japanese motorsport on the big screen. HOWEVER, that also means my shop will be SWAMPED with idiots wanting "drift" parts for their cars XD boost in business, boost in idiots wrecking cars. outta be interesting.

The cars... ah the cars, the greatest moving vehicle on earth! (yes i said it so sue me). Well i think they should have used some more old school cars, but they did manage to get some show cars from different companies in Japan. In the end, all the cars brought here for filming ended up being either shipped back or destroyed. It was kinda sad, but then again its Hollywood, they can afford ANYTHING. Oh well, my friend has his car in the movie, but you only see it for a split second, and most people wouldnt recognize it as anything anyway. eitherway, its White 1995 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M II. He sent me pics of it on set, so once i find them i might post a pic or two. That 67 Mustang actually did have a RB26DETT set in it but it took a lot longer than one night to fit that engine into the Mustang.

Overall, it wasnt bad. There were somethings that were a little stupid, somethings i wish they had done better but in the end, things were decently realistic.

For all you less than car knowledgable people-

Keiichi Tsuchiya is known as the Drift King in Japan for his legendary drift racing skills. He began racing in the Touge or mountain passes when he was younger eventually becoming known as a legend for his skill.

The Nissan Skyline is a line of cars produced by Nissan starting in 1967 and is still being produced today. In particular, its produced several fast sports cars starting with the 1970 KPGC10 GT-R. Later incarnations which are most popular with the street crowd is the BNR32, BNR33, and BNR34. the R32 or San Ni as its commonly known as in Japan is was produced from 1989 to 1993, the R33 from 1994 to 1997, and finally the R34 from 1998 to 2001. Most of you have seen an R34 in 2Fast 2Furious as Paul Walkers car. All GT-R's use the RB26DETT which has gained reputation in Japan as one of the greatest street engines ever produced. RB26DETT stands for this:

RB - Engine code, Race Bred
    26 - engine size, 2.6 litres
    D - Valvetrain, Dual Overhead Cam
    E - Fuel Delivery, Electronic Multiport
    TT - Twin Turbo

its marketed as producing 280 BHP but in reality puts out closer to 320BHP.

Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M II is a step below the formidable GT-R and uses a RB25DET engine which produces about 155 BHP. its a Rear Wheel Drive instead of the ATTESA-ETS All Wheel Drive system used by the GT-R's.

America, sadly, never got the Skyline from Japan, and its rare in the US requiring high legalization fees from the Government, upwards of 16 thousand per car. So, we may never see the older Skylines without costly investments, however, the new Skylines are here, sold under the name Infiniti G35. but they utilize a newer V6 instead of the Inline 6 used by the older Skylines.
    anyway thats my hoplessly long rant for tonite XD

10. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Mrowr...you're always so detailed about everything babe :p:p

I LOVED that movie !!!!! ^_^ it definately made it better with Gensai there with me ^_^ (i didn't see ALL the movie, for obvious reasons :p) but i thought it was really well done, except for the ending...curse you Vin Diesel!!!!!!!!

11. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

I think it was pretty cool myself just one thing though i think it was pretty
    sad how honda died