TV series or OVA

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by c0ke, Nov 3, 2002.

1. kaoru dono

kaoru dono New Member

ova

i need help getting the Seishou Hen ova... if ne1 has it and is willing to sell it please let me kno! or if u kno a person or place which is selling it...or a place to download it let me kno!!

2. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

i like the ova better....

3. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

in the ovas, the artwork was much better and i love them. the series had its perks and i love it just about the same. but if i had to choose between the 2, it would probably be the series.

4. daftken

daftken New Member

Did anyone find the Seisohen OVA (reflection) depressing or is it just me? I would just like to know your opinions on it.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well yes it was depressing XD trust me it wasnt just you XD

6. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Yeah, it was. The ending was sort of a shocker to me. It kinda killed me inside a little, but it almost seem to lay the whole thing to rest if you know what I mean?

7. sangotaijiya

sangotaijiya New Member

I'd say read the manga first since that's the original and true story.

Apart from that, see the first two seasons of the TV series and the Tsuiokuhen/Trust and Betrayal OVA because those are based off the manga.

Avoid the third season of the series the Seisouhen/Reflections OVA because those are just filler garbage made up by Sony when they decided they were better writers than Watsuki-sensei.

8. LawaiGirl

LawaiGirl New Member

Agreed

I agree with Sango; While the 3rd season was quite entertaining for the RK fan, it was still just that: filler. And although Reflections was quite touching and could have very much been an ending to the series, it came off to me as just *another* kind of ending of RK. It wasn't *Watsuki's* ending. The 3rd season of the series was made to stall time while Nobuhiro Watsuki finished writing the manga. The creators of the anime caught up with Watsuki at the time, so they needed to wait for the rest of the story from him. In the mean-time, the ratings for RK dropped so much during the 3rd season that Sony lost interest in producing it.. =\ If only we got to see the Jinchuu Arc animated (the chapters where Enishi comes in).

As for the Tsuiokuhen and the series... It depends on what mood I'm in. ;) They're both entertaining for when I want to see something sad and dramatic or upbeat and humorous.