Video Games Two fantastic games in one week. I've died and gone to heaven.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sieghardt, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Within the past week, 2 contenders for game of the year have come out. I have picked up both of these titles, completed one, and am working on the other. Boy, these games are amazing.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
    PS2
    Story: 9/10 (Between the time 12:00 and 12:01 AM there is a hidden hour where demons come out and high-school students must shoot themselves in the head with guns called Evokers to summon out their own demons and fight to destroy a 263 floor tower.)
    Graphics: 8/10 (Very nice character designs, although I miss the cel-shading from previous SMT games. Beautiful otherwise.)
    Sound: 9/10(It's a love it or hate it situation it seems. Burn my Bread! Lots of voice actors from Bleach and Naruto)
    Gameplay: 10/10(Best battle system ever? Possibly.)
    Length: 60 Hours, 2 endings. One good one bad.
    Overall: 10/10.

BioShock
    PC/Xbox 360
    Story: 8/10(An ancient underwater city torn apart by a war between 2 men and their lust for power and drugs.)
    Graphics: 10/10 (Simply beautiful.)
    Sound: 8/10 (Classic 50's and 60's stuff. Great voice acting.)
    Gameplay: 10/10(No 2 playthroughs will ever feel the same due to all the powers and tonics you have available to you.)
    Length: 20-25 hours.
    Overall: 9.5/10

I suggest you pick both of these up if you have the chance, especially Persona 3. Seeing as it's a Shin Megami Tensei game, it'll be rare as hell in a few months, and you won't have the chance again.

2. Sigurd

Sigurd New Member

How does something get less than perfect scores in nearly every field and still score a 10/10 overall? o_O

A shame the best games of all time were all released years and years ago though. :/ Games today just can't compare.

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

and that's why I hate game reviews :D

and Sigurd....
    so.. true.... so true...

oh grim fandango and NOLF....
    and contra 1...

that's why I bought a PSP and modded it
    for emulators

4. Sieghardt

Because petty things like Graphics shouldn't contribute to an overall game review, and if you think they do, you aren't playing games for the right reasons.
    My overall score is my...I suppose..."fun factor" rating.

5. Fushigi Rockna

That's it, I'm getting SMT P3. Two friends from boards other than this one are completely obsessed with it and I wanna see what all the fuass is about. :3

1 person likes this.
  6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Does that run cleaner then on a computer?

Never heard of the games. Don't own a PS2 or Xbox 360 yet. Plan on owning a PS3 in the future though.

So Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 might be a go in the future. I like the storyline. Will have to see some trailers.

For me game shopping is worse then shoping for a car.

Bioshock can be played on the comp though... how good are the graphics compared?

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

was going to, and it finally was catching up to my verison number, and then i wanted to play ps4 >.> stupid version upgrade being manditory. at least tactics is coming out soon...was what i was gonna pop on there anyways. ;-;

currently still working through ff6 gba =p
    annnd ps4....and ff4...and my one sudoku game....and just bought picross....and brain age 2 when somewhere around here gets it in again....>.>

8. Sieghardt

Good choice. I'm already wishing I could go back in time and play it again. =(

Better be quick on it though. It's a Shin Megami Tensei game, it'll be rare as hell in no time.

9. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

what do you mean by cleaner?
    higher res?
    nopes

but it's cool to know you can play basically whatever you want anywhere, from arcades (neogeo and in general), GB:Avanced, NES, SNES... playstation and the usual PSP games...

what's not to like!

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Not as choppy.