Updated You Virus Definitions!!!! Asap!!!

Discussion in 'News' started by SaberJ2X, May 3, 2004.

1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

a new variant of the blaster worm is roaming the net... virus definitions before 04 30 04 does NOTHING TO IT, set up a firewall!
    or update the virus definitions OR PREERABLY BOTH

2. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

What's the name of the blaster worm???

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

W32.sassler."something" I forgot

4. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Symptons?

- Shen

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

same as blaster PC shuting down etc

6. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

It causes massive slowdown, high network utilization, and then it overflows the LSASS service and causes a shutdown.

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

the blaster worm ;)

Linux it is for a while. I keep spending more and more time with it.. Stuff like this just gives added incentive

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

:anime: :anime:

9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Hehe true. Linux is tempting at the moment.

It merges within the WinXP / WinNT / Win2000 IP system, and to avoid it, update your virus defintions and your windows.

Good luck.

- T

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

11. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I know this is like the most stupidest thing you'll ever hear for a while... but I havn't even got the first service pack. I'm aware of how important these packs are but most of the stuff I have on my computer... OS and all.. is if you like 'illegal' and thus do not allow them to be installed.... other than reinstalling windows with a licensed serial number (which is the reason why it's not installing) is there another way of getting these packs...?

- Shen

12. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

Well Shen, do i have a great deal for you!!
    :p ...i think youd like this :D * evil laughter *
    I can give you a legal winxp pro cd key ... want it? just pm me for it..and i'll send it... you wont be dissapointed... got 18 legal cd keys MUHAHHAH :p
    i hope i aint breaking the rules by NOT posting the cd key in here ...in PUBLIC

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

oh well atleast some people understand my way of typing very well... and I know I sometimes don't express myself verywell... but if I type it in bold letters it has to be pretty urgent atleast

14. MamiyaOtaru

Aye, bold should only be used in urgent situations. Like this one!

You don't have to open a mail, or visit a site to get this worm. You just have to be connected to the internet (and firewall-less).

As far as I can tell, it affects NT based systems only (not windows 98) - just like the Blaster worm. Strange as it seems, windows 9x sometimes seems more secure nowadays than NT based systems like XP.. I was going to upgrade my parents' computer to XP, but I wonder now if I should. DCOM, Blaster, Sasser.. etc the list goes on. XP is like a sieve.

Downloaded the patch myself days and days ago but haven't installed it yet, mostly because I haven't bothered shutting down Linux and rebooting :D

15. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

Hmm...well if ya think this way...i suggest you wait for the next newest Operating System thats coming in a few years... its codename is LONGHORN i think...i hope they didnt changed it to somethin else ... but thats the codename of the newest OS thats out to be on the technical market.
    But...i dont think it would help against those new viruses thats coming out of their hiding places..but longhorn is a bit more secured , cause its the newest on the list.

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

as secure as any windows model OS can be. what, with all the backdoors they leave, you'd think they'd close them before launch...especially the blatent ones, like what was that old chat thing...was like, windows chat or seomthing like that. been on since 95 at least. horrible old thing, but a pain to turn off if you don't know where to go, and it's on by default.

anyways, makes me wish harder for a new hd so i can load 98 on that. though, not sure if 98 will like my ddr ram much, but meh. i like 98...

17. MamiyaOtaru

Longhorn has been coming "in a few years" for a very long time..
    Longhorn was actually announced to be a desktop OS, with Blackcomb to be the next server OS. After a couple years though Microsoft said there would indeed be a server version of Longhorn as well. In other words, Longhorn = next XP (with a server version on the side)
    That's what I thought Windows Server 2003 would be like (my main version of windows) but it catches everything XP does..

So where is Blackcomb anyway.. I remember when it was to be the next version after XP, before MS announced Longhorn, which would come first. With Longhorn maybe appearing by '07, Blackcomb could be ready in 6 years or so :D [/wild speculation]