Recreation ur rate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Project191, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

what do u think about gt3?

i like the game play 18/20

and the pictuers 20/20

and the game duffcult is hard.

and i like it when i play gt3 the first time i saw the cars it,s look like real cars.

what do u think about gt3

2. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Yeh Yeh
    Fancy graphics etc...
    But in the end its the same old story , drive around the place , car games are crap , dont go near em

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

What you talkin' 'bout, beeotch?
    (sorry about that, but Snoop Dogg's song in that game caused me to slap that down)
    GT3 is, for my money, the best racing game of all time. It definitely has a better sound track than the repetitive nonsense that other games have. I mean, Snoop Dogg, Goldfinger, Powerman 5000, Methods Of Mayhem, Lenny Kravitz, Apollo Four Forty, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, among others ... even Squaresoft's greats can't compare.
    Furthermore, the incredible detail and the immense number of factors to fiddle with when customizing your vehicle, plus the ability to wash your car and get its oil changed, make this game simply a phenomenon.
    The licensed cars rock. You just can't compare to winning a race in a modified VW Beetle or a PT Cruiser, among other vehicles that you'd never see in a real race.
    I must admit, however, that something must be done as far as plot goes. Why not apply a bit of an RPG factor to the genre? You could take the role of the driver on a big racing team, and have to beat rival teams, and win a race to save the world from a villain for some reason.
    Make the driver a renegade, and you'd practically have the whole Final Fantasy series, but with cars instead of Chocobos and gasoline instead of magic ...

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

To the great Nobuo Uematsu!!! I guess I was raised on too much Classical music, that's probably why Nobuo Uematsu's music is so cool to me.

Racing games tend to use popular music for their soundtracks. Like Test Drive 5(my fav racer) has music by Fear Factory, KMFDM and Pitchshifter(gotta love me techno and rock!)

Gran Turismo 3 is great though, I love the physics of the controls also...it's like you're in a real car. And even more everything looks real! Where can you go wrong with that?

5. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i aggre with u that guy the cars look like real and the pic i like the game very very much also the music was cOOOool.

[This message has been edited by rashid (edited 10-17-2001).]

6. That guy!

A racing game I've been waiting for is The Getaway!!
    [​IMG]
    If this Getaway screenshot doesn't look AWESOME to you, then I wonder what does.

I just realized this was in the Role Playing Games forum. I'm going to move this over to the 'Misc' forum the next time I'm on.(please only put RPG related stuff in here!!)

7. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

cOOOOOooool
    dear that guy: do the car in any game like that.

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

good grief, what system is that for? Not X Box I hope, or PS 2.. simply put, here's hoping it's for the PC

9. That guy!

PS2...Oh yeah!!! and it's in game graphics baby!!!!!

This game has been in development for quite a while though. It was supposed to be a launch title.

-----
    Hehe, graphics do matter if they are this great!!

10. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Graphics like that on PC? What are you on?
    Have you seen the system requirements on the non-graphically advanced Summoner for PC? With requirements like that on Summoner, what would you need to do something like that pic, in game?

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 10-20-2001).]

11. MamiyaOtaru

well, you'd need to pre render a movie, which may be what that pic above is. They have released no in game videos, and no one is really sure if they are real. I hope they are though, cause they are coool.

Graphics like that on a pc? You betcha. What's the XBox have? 600 mghz CPU? So it has a kick A graphics card, how long before the PC gets one? (I know getaway is for PS2, but PS2 and xBox are pretty comparable in graphics [not gameplay prolly [​IMG] ]) The PC always overtakes the consoles, it just swings back and forth. Plus the fact that the average PC monitor has well over twice the resolution of a TV.

I'm pretty happy with my system now actually [​IMG] Speaking of Volition games, I'm pulling 60 frames a sec+ on full detail with Red Faction, while the PS2 version runs around 35 fps, on the tv's crappier resolution no less.

12. That guy!

Methinks I'll go on the console side, mainly because I've had so many problems with pc's. Also, consoles are created solely for gaming....computers are for everything so the gaming side to pc's isn't the greatest unless you pay like 700 dollars every month to get it upgraded so you can play games like Black and White.

Also, that game would probably run 1 frame every 5 seconds for me(I have like 320 megs and 500 mhz even [​IMG]). It comes down to system resources, and consoles don't run hundreds of programs in the background.

PS2's Emotion Chip:
    "How adept is it? According to MicroDesign Resources, the processor can handle 6.2 gigaflops at 300MHz. A single gigaflop equals one billion floating-point operations per second. MDR says that makes the chip two times faster than a 733-MHz Pentium III and 15 times faster than a 400-MHz Celeron at handling tasks like full-motion video. For the statistics-minded, the processor can handle 75 million 3D transformations per second, and can render images at 2.4 billion pixels per second."
    -CNN

-----
    Although it's probly not long until pc gets the emotion chip. But they will be expensive. (they each cost $100 to produce)

13. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

A little note on the PC's vs. Consoles thing:
    PC's suck because to get a decent gaming PC, you'll spend over $1000, but you can get a kick-ass console (like PS2, for example) for half of that.
    PC's do have one thing that consoles don't have, though ... ILLEGAL OPERATIONS!!!! Maybe the X-Box, though ... that whole system's just a big error if you asked me. But then again, you didn't ...

I guess it just comes down to Hamlet ...
    "Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous [PC's], or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them [and buy a console] ..."

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

14. MamiyaOtaru

Good points there. PC is a lot more expensive, console give you great bang for the buck.

Emotion chip being twice as fast as a 733 mghz PIII huh? What about a 1.4 ghz athlon [​IMG] Besides, the CPU has a graphics card helping out with the 3d operations.

But yeah, too much $$ really, but it is possible to get a kick A$ PC that's at least close to PS2, so it would be possible to get The Getaway like graphics on one.

It all comes down to the games of course.. you'll never find Operation Flashpoint on a console, so that (and others) does it for me.

15. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

<Engineer rant>
    I'd like to see any of you do something actually useful with a console though... say, design any of those chips you're raving about or program the games that are played on those very consoles. Sure PC's aren't cutting edge gaming without spending tons, but hey, they make up for it in sheer versatility. A PS2, xBox or any of those consoles just can't cut it when you need to actually do something.
    </Engineer rant>

I run a PII 300 with 64MB RAM.. pretty pitiful, ne? But, it works.

Apologies for offending anyone who has been offended by this rant.

-UK
    --------------
    Living proof that you don't need a cutting edge PC or console to have premium entertainment.

16. That guy!

Although a lot of PC's are created for reasons other than gaming. Gaming pc's are rather expensive these days [​IMG]

<scary!>
    Isn't it true that PS2 has enough power to launch a nuclear weapon?</scary!>

17. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Who cares about versatility? (just kidding, y'alls, I care [​IMG]!)
    The point is, Mr. UK, if I may call you that, that we are not talking about versatility here. We are merely speaking of electronic gaming, that is, the use of electronic technology for the purpose of interactive entertainment. This does not involve speadsheets, graphs, databases, wordprocessors and the like (unless you're some obsessed accountant or something).

I must apologize for that accountant remark. I know several accountants, and they're all very fun people (WHEN YOU GIVE THEM MICROSOFT OFFICE ANYWAY!).

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

18. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i wounder if there gt4

19. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Patience is a virtue, y'alls. #3 just came out, give 'em at least a year! That'd be sweet, though.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

20. MamiyaOtaru

Speaking of pure gaming again: PCs rock because you can configure stuff. Or let other people do it. I'm talking about patches, mods, total conversions, you name it. New skins, levels, etc. OR, the RPGs that a couple members of the forum are making.

Plus the PC is the best for online so far. Enough of that. It is still $$ so there are ups and downs for everything of course.

well, almost enough. Deus Ex is being ported over to the PSII, but since the PSII has not enough RAM, all the levels are being split up so it can load smaller chunks at a time. That and fewer/lower res textures to not overfill the RAM..
    And there are never things like XWing Alliance on consoles