Use the for-HOLY CRAP, I'M ON FIRE!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reisti Skalchaste, May 27, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

2. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

XD that should be nominated for a darwin award!

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

That's so stupid -_- You need kerosene not fuel! :p

The thread title is very funny, though ;)

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I guess some movies are bad for your health :p.

Pity they didn't show the film.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Gotta tell you, it's a winner indeed. But i don't think it'll ever beat the one i like:The guy that was filling a gasoline tank, and too look inside to see just how full it was, he had the wonderful idea to use a lighter, boo hoo.

Anyways, this idea is also a darwing. The idea of making a lightsaber itself is unrealistic. The power cores and being able to not only control the blade, but to create the aura around the lightsaber is almost impossible in real life today.

That's why we have Photoshop people! To make lightsabers out of sticks!XD

-Seishin

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

a darwin award is a winner only if that person manages to remove themselves from the gene pool, via death or removal of reproductive means. previous offspring = no chance of being a darwin winner. since we do not know if this is the case, we have no way of knowing if it's worthy of the award, but i think it's worth a submission. XD (cough...i love that stupid site btw)

and well...they kinda deserved it for doing that crap (the hospital trip)...amusing though...and fully supportive of why star wars fans are scary...

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Actually, if we managed to encase plasma inside a magnetic field, we'd sort of have one.

8. Seishin

Seishin Guest

If, and only if.

But right now, it's either impossible, or we're just too lazy to try it. Only thing is see near the future is a blaster. It'd be kinda hard to make one, but they'd be really effective, no?

-Seishin

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Not really, due to the power requirements, damage dissapation over range, heat generation (which would eliminate any sort of stealth when looked at over heat sensors) and the fact that we have no real need for such a weapon at this point in time anyway. Oh, and cost of course.

10. Reisti Skalchaste

It'd be an Honourable Mention. Someone should submit it to them, see what happens. :D

And good old fashioned bullets still do the job, eh? :p Why go to something unecessary? The only thing I could think of using a blaster for would be if a Terminator came back to kill you. And we all know how likely that is. :p

11. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

For a 20 and 17 year old they sure arent smart. That's something I would expect a little kid to do or something. Actually, I was watching this show called the "Science of StarWars" or something like that, and they were talking about lightsabers and blasters. They said that it MAY be possible to make both. They were working on a lightsaber that instead of cutting off body parts could be used to stun people. If it ever comes on again I will record it and see.

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Why stun people, when you can cut them in half!? :p

But a lightsaber used as a stunner seems kinda pointless to me. A blaster on the other hand would be better, since they energy blasts would pierce through most stuff bullets can. There is a problem that could take place in the battery of this weapon though....

-Seishin

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Because what if you don't want to kill someone?

Theoretically... but that's only until someone makes strong enough armor.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Why not a blaster as a stunner? Like a ranged Taser?

Shinryu - Ever tried turning a Taser on with the end submerged? Wear rubber gloves. And boots. And a rubber raincoat.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Then just use a regular tazer like cops today. You may be able to use sabers to cut off someone's hand that's trying to use a gun or something....

As for blasters, they won't be different than guns today I guess, but they should still make them. That'd make an awsome shoot out or something.

-Seishin

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You realise a saber-length stunner would confer the benefit of a longer range...

The military is concerned with what works, not with what looks cool.

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

But making a lightsaber/tazer would be kind of harder. You'd have to concentrate the energy at the certain length, and you'd have to mantain it's power to a certain minimum that it would stun the person. Other wise, it would be shocks of electricity going all over the place (at least that's what i think....)
    It would work. The fact i pointed out that it would look cool was just a nifty add-on to the guns.

Seriously, it WOULD be cool to see lasers going all over the place! right? riiiight?

-Seishin

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Jedi Training sabers were set to very low power. They'd deliver a searing kiss, one that might need medical treatment, and little more.

As opposed to bullets flying everywhere? A blaster made with our technology would have many, many difficulties and most likely would not be used in serious combat. Most likely of them is that the weapon itself would get so hot with rapid fire that you would not be able to hold it, among others.

19. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

geez that was really pointless and random!! wouldnt you need kerosine not fuel?

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Look at a bug zapper. Or an electric fence.

No, no it wouldn't work... it'd be pointless and excessive since bullets work now.

I don't really care if it looks cool if it's wasteful. I outgrew my "cool" stage in my midteens.