Use the for-HOLY CRAP, I'M ON FIRE!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reisti Skalchaste, May 27, 2005.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ah, that just reminded me of one of the problems in Halo 2. When you shoot the energy guns too rapidly, or for a long period of time, it overheats and burns your hand (lucky for the Chief, he wears gloves). But then again, there could be a way of making the gun not overheat or something. Perhaps something that can be thought of in the future.

I think it'd be harder to come up with a defense for blasters, than it was for regular guns. This is energy we're talking about here. It'd take a good amount of time to come up with such things. But perhaps for wars was a bit over the top, since we're talking about regular sized guns turned into blasters. Perhaps for cops or something like that? (My mind isn't very bright when it comes to scientific stuff like this, so you can take this as a guess of any ten year old).

-Seishin

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

It doesn't matter if it's energy; what depends is the yield of the energy and also how it's conveyed.

3. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

i hope those ppl who lit the sabers do a sequel!!!!!!!.......i mean never do THAT agian.......

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

See that's called realism. Anyway, my thoughts would be to include it in some way that doesn't require you to touch it. Perhaps as a cannon on a ship or plane. Still the biggest problem is the amount of energy it would use and the damage potential dramatically decreasing with distance.

It wouldn't be that different from regular guns. Just that body armor wouldn't work. And you know that as soon as such technology exists it'll be in the hands of those who would abuse it for their own gain. Imagine someone robbing a bank with a laser pistol thay bought on the black market.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Touche.

Blasters would make a somewhat better weapon than a regular gun, but the cost for it would be inmense. (Like you said)It would be a disaster if it got into the wrong hands, the problem in this world is, all hands are the wrong hands. At least in my opinion.

-Seishin

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Seishin, by the time blasters became viable they'd be no more effective than our weapons are in our time. Armor and weapons move up to match each other.