J-Pop Utada Hikaru

Discussion in 'Music' started by Luffy, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

Utada Hikaru most of you know her as the person that wrote Simple and Clean the Kingdom Hearts theme song My Sanctuary Kingdom Hearts 2 theme song but she also has a lot of albums out ones coming otu soon or already has im not sure but she is very talented so you guys should check her out

-Luffy

2. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Already have.........She is wonderful! I love her songs, they are kewl ^^

3. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

My favorite song of her's is Sanctuary. I just love that song :D

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I sware i've seen something like this somewhere else..anyway. Yea, love her work. The only slow crap i'll listen to really.

5. Luffy

theres a simaler one of just simple and clean in J-pop forum but thats differnt
    Sanctuary is the bomb i have it on my MySpace and the girlies be loving it yay! lol i have it really so i can listen over and over again

6. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

AHHH! GIVE ME THE SONG, I WANT THE SONG (tries to grab Luffy) :D

The only thing I can really do is just load it up on Radio Blog but that's a pain in the butt. Besides, my mom has the other computer right now that can play music so I can't listen to it T_T (note the one I have right now has screw up speakers T_T)

7. Luffy

8. Sango

Sango New Member

I like her songs alot! She's a pretty good singer....:)

9. Fushigi Rockna

Okay, for starters there is already an Utada Hikaru thread. Search for threads next time. :)

Two, I recommend you listen to the JAPANESE versions of 'Simple and Clean' and 'My Sanctuary'. They are Hikari (Light) and Passions, respectively. In my opinion they are much better, and fit the Kingdom Hearts storyline better (at least Hikari did). I actually cringed during the opening of Kingdom Hearts 2, cause i didn't like the new English lyrics at all, but that's just me being pessimistic and anal about my Japanese lyrics.
    Here, the Japanese translated lyrics to Hikari. Unfortunately the lyrics for Passions are not available yet.

Anywho...I don't care much for Hikari or it's english counterpart. They've been overplayed. I listen to Hikari now and then, usually the remixed version, but I don't exactly enjoy it or get anything out of it. =/

Passions on the other hand is a good song. Ten times better than Hikari. But it's not enough to make me fall in love with Utada.

now out of all her other songs, which i have heard a majority of, Sakura Drops is the only one that count. The rest just seme to me like background noise. There's nothing outstanding or great about them. colours gets some credit for having an okay beat...from what i remember. been forever since I listened to Colors. Sakura Drops on the other hand....is...amazing. Screw hikari, screw passions, Sakura Drops is single handedly her best, I think you guys should try and find it.

She also does good duets with Shiina Ringo, but I think no matter who it was, Shiina would be able to make any duet song great.
    (fyi, the one duet i know of that they did is an all English one called "I can't live a day without you" I believe. been a while since i listened to that too, eh heh...)

Otherwise, nothing else of hers is that memorable. There are many better artists than her out there. the lovely Shiina Ringo is the first to pop to my mind (ya just gotta be careful which of her songs you hear first. O___o There's some that are just unbearable to listen to and ya gotta acquire a taste for those ^^; ), followed by Koda Kumi. Maybe one of the reasons i'm so bitter towards Utada is that Kumi is a better artist than her, yet her songs for Final Fantays X-2 (Real emotion and 1000 no Kotoba) were ignored...but then again she did not sing the English versions of those songs which is understandable, cause not everyone can sing as well in English as 'rasied in the US' Utada can. Can still, in comparison to Hikari and Passions, 1000 no Kotoba is gaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwdliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~