Movies V For Vendetta

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by wertitis, Apr 9, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm surprised there hasn't been any threads about this particular flick started. After seeing the preview I was very skeptical if it would be any good, however after seeing it myself I have to admit it was a really good watch. The really clever use of symbolism aside...

I mean, did anyone else catch the significance of V having that politician chalk an 'X' on his door if he agreed to assist him? That was just one in a million

...the well coreographed action scenes, and intriguiging storyline hooked me and kept me happy all the way through the end.

Perhaps The Wachowski Brothers (who wrote the screenplay) may yet get thier credibility back after the Matrix Sequels fiasco.

And for the record, bald or not, Natalie Portman is smoking.

Anyone else's opinions?

~W

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

An incredibly smart movie. Terrific all the way with a deep plot.

As far as the Matrix movies go:

Matrix-Awsome script. For it's year, it could not have been better.
    Matrix Reloaded-It was allright. The ending left a lot of people having some really good questions.
    Matrix Revolutions-The questions had stupid answers, the ending isn't even well explained, and it's mostly all fights. The plot isn't that deep, it's good guy wins (dying in the process), bad guy dies, in a stupid matter no less....

-Seishin

3. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

what was up with those Dominos. I know what he did for a year. he stacked those dominos.
    I like the Movie but there were some questionable parts F-O-R me The armor was awesome

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

One of the downers though, reading your post for some reason, is that some parts are unexplainable in the film, but you can find in the book, or the comic even.

They're not really huge important questions, but they help!^^

-Seishin

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

The dominos signified the chain of events resulting in the catalyst that brought about the destruction of the parliment. V set everything up (much as he did the dominos) in such a manner that all it took was a little push that would set off the chain of events leading to the overturning and destruction of the parliment on November the 5th.

Something to note, V's mark looks remarkably similar to an upside down Anarchy symbol, hmm?

~W

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I loved the movie.. but I'll have to watch it again to grasp its meaning that well..
    It was amazing how V's character was sculptured.. I never though I could fall in love with such a guy xD

He was so sophisticated *^-^*

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I love how Agent Smith was who played V. Yeah, that might have been a spoiler to some..Or not. Anyway, The movie was excellent and the graphic Novel is also quite good.