Escaflowne Vahn's Lullaby

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by UFOtaku, Jul 3, 2004.

1. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Vahn's mother sings him a lullaby somewhere around episode 25, it's completly different in the Japanese and English versions, and it wasn't in the movie. Anyone, by chance know the lyrics/title, or better yet, does anyone have the file? xD

Much luff in advance.

<3Doa

2. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Van's mother sings him a lullaby around episode 25? Geez, i REALLY need to rewatch Escaflowne. But really, i don't remember her singing him a song at any point in the series. Do you remember if anything else happened in the scene or something, cause i'm stumped. sorry,

3. UFOtaku

Actually, I totally forgot myself until someone mentioned it. Then I thought about it, and I was like... oh, yeah... I remember that! It was in a flashback of Vahn's. It was where you found out all about his parents and past, how they met and stuff. I think it even was around that famous scene where Baby Vahn (Awww, so cuttte) jumps of the roof and tries to fly.

4. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

i really can't recall anytime that Van's mother sang him a lullaby. If it was around the scene where Van jumps off the roof, she tells him that he should never show his wings until the right time but that's about it. Unless it was a name of some sort of background music or something but i still doubt it.

Note: why isn't Dilandau posting here to answer this question:p

5. UFOtaku

Why dosen't anyone remember?
    Am I halucinating? o.o

No, I'm really sure about the song. I can see the image in my head. Vahn's mother has her wings out, and its in someplace flooded with moonlight. And there's baby Vahn.

6. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Because Dilandau doesn't remember either, and doesn't feel like watching Escaflowne over again right now because she's got a brand-new Last Exile DVD and the rest of Berserk to finish. XD

;_; I was gonna post a link to a site that had episode run-downs comparing the sub and dub, because it mentioned by name the music tracks that had been changed in each ep, but it seems to have died.

Eh... maybe later I'll go re-watch the last few eps and see if I can find it. XD

7. UFOtaku

Ooh, thank you very much Dilan-chan. ^.^
    I don't recall if it was the dub or sub, actually... o_0;;

I'm trying to find my Escaflowne series... I think I let someone borrow it. -_-

8. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

hmm... that was one of the few episodes i saw as well but i'm afraid i don't remember the song title or lyrics either... gosh darn it i wish i'd bought the box set when i saw it... now i can't find it anywhere and the store that i saw it at closed down..... oh well i will keep searching and if all else fails i will call up a friend of mine and we'll most likely be able to find it through one of our friends. (I just found out that over half of my friends are into japanese anime and manga but they've never been around when i start talking about it! i found that really funny.)

9. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I STILL can't recall this song from the series itself. I haven't watched the whole Japanese version of Escaflowne series with subs, so i going to watch it in the coming week and look for this song for ya... and to refresh my Esca memory >_< I DO remember that in the Escaflowne movie Van talks about a song his mother use to sang for him that the two cat girls were singing. If that's what you meant then THAT i have for ya:p

10. UFOtaku

YOOSH! I believe that's it! xD xD Do you have an mp3 or the title? I can try and download it.

11. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

it's called Sora's Folktale (Vocal: Midori) and there's another song i believe that has similar lyrics that Sora sang in the movie and it's called... Sora (Vocal: Shanti Snyder).

=P Hope one of them is what you're looking for.

12. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Uwaa, all this time you were mistaking a song in the movie for something in the series? XD No wonder I didn't remember it. *snerk*

Sora

Win dain a lotica
    En vai tu ri
    Si lo ta
    Fin dein a loluca
    en dragu a sei lain
    Vi fa-ru les shutai am
    En riga-lint

Win chent a lotica
    En vai tu ri
    Si lo ta
    Fin dein a loluca
    Si katigura neuver
    Floreria for chesti
    Si entina

La la la...

Fontina blue cent
    De cravi esca letisimo

La la la...

De quantian
    le finde reve

Win dain a lotica
    En vai tu ri
    Si lo ta
    Fin dein a loluca
    en dragu a sei lain
    Vi fa-ru les shutai am
    En riga-lint

13. UFOtaku

o_o I looked them up... that's not it. It's in the series...

Oh well, I officially give up. I'm crazy. Sora's Folktale is pretty cool, though. ^^

Thank you for all the help, and sorry for the bother.

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

i was wondering, does any one know what that says? im pretty sure its Latin but...i dont speak it and i dont know anyone who does...so...if someone could find a translation thatd be kewl ^_^x;

15. Fujimiya Aya

Fujimiya Aya New Member

Are you referring to the lyrics that Dilandau put up? A.K.A "Sora"

If you are, that's not a real language. Yoko Kanno made it up.

Here's the English "translation":
    It's actually the lyrics for "Sora's Folktale" which is kind of a remake of "sora"

"The Dragon awakens in the darkness. With a frozen heart he roars. If you are close, the dragon sleeps. And when the wings appear before him, people's dreams will fill the sky." -Sora's folktale

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

ah, Arigatou Aya-san.