Vampire Forum

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Raven, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I suggest that instead of having individual forums for vampire animes like Hellsing or vampire Hunter D we should have one big happy bloody vampire forum which includes them all. So we could have Blood the last vampire, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Princess Myu all together.

I for one think that this would be a great idea. anybody else?:D

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Scroll down the Suggestions forum to see a thread called "Hellsing?"

It asks the same question.Go post your support for this idea in there.:)

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

wow what a wonderful suggestion. roflmao

being candid here. I've just asked that the thread 'Hellsing?' be turned into 'Vampire Forum'

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Ergh, this will lead into other forums in the "ideal". Exampel: Bishouen Forum, Sentai Forum, Mecha Forum, Angelic Forum, Anime with This, Anime with that forum. It will end in big mess, people will think " Should this be good in Angelic forum or that forum? "

I don't think it's a good idea :(

- T

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Well, I'm not desperately pushing for it, but I do think that a 'Vampire Forum' could pull it off better then any other ex. Mecha Forum -could have Angels who use Mechs in it. Of course, some of these Vampire animes are best classified with 'Vampire' because there's no Magical girls, Mechs.. etc. unless a Demons forum starts or monsters.. so I'm not for all these classified forums. but it's not like an 'Evil Dark Creatures' forum is being asked for here.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

Is "vampire" really even a genre? I mean, it's just like a thing that you may encounter in anime. For example: Vampire Hunter D is really just an action/horror hybrid that happens to have vampires. Blood: The Last Vampire is the same thing. The same movies could have been made without vampires, just with some other mythical creature of the night instead.

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

But they were made using vampires.. therefor it be classed as a vampire gerne..

KaMe

8. Novus

Novus Gone

Okay, so if I made a show about a vampire who attends night school and falls in love with a human girl and the ensuing romance, would that be vampire or some high school teen angst crap?
    The question is not whether or not there is a vampire, so much as whether or not the fact that a vampire is involved is completely integral to the story and the whole idea of the thing.
    Saying vampire is a genre is like saying that spaceship is a subgenre of science fiction, or sword is a subgenre of fantasy. Hell, hamster could be a genre too.

9. Old_Coyote

Old_Coyote New Member

That would sooo end up winning an oscar!

I think its a good idea. (this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the vampire king in VR) If the heroes or villains are predominantly vampires then classify it as belonging in the Vampire forum. If somebody makes a classification mistake, the mods can just move it.

10. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Oh,I know!That idea is almost as ridiculous as finding out a minor spelling error was made,and starting an entire thread about it and throwing a huge fit like a little baby!:) But who would do that?;) What's next?Is Raven gonna but a reference to this situation in his signiture,too!?Oh,no!That's ridiculous!:) Who would do that!?It sounds familiar.:confused:

11. Novus

Novus Gone

My my my, you've certainly got something stuck up your *** today. You need to learn a bit about how to hold a civilized discussion without getting out of hand. If you really are going to hold that much of a grudge over one MINOR THING that someone says (that does not even really concern you), then WHY THE HELL DO YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING I WRITE?

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

...[​IMG]

I won't go on about how babyish your post was as Novus covered it, but, seriously, just let it go. Nobody cares.

13. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Yeah it was babyish.But it's not like the "A Travesty" thread was overflowing with maturity.:rolleyes: And I'll probably never stop making fun of Novus because of it.It was just that dumb.And if you expect me to stop just because the great "Syphilis_X" tells me too,you better think again.

Anyways,this thread should be closed.Too many people are against it.And there are bound to be many replies to this post.It was designed to get a rise outta ya.;)

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

personally, i think a vampire thread isn't that great of an idea...think of all those people that would then post saying they ARE vampires and crap like that. i'll believe they're vampires when they let me shoot them in the face, point blank, and they get back up from that. oh, and i wanna empty all the bullets while i'm shooting. so it can't be a fluke or soemthing. it's like yuri geller, i just want to see for myeslf, then you can be a vampire, damnit. ^-^
    although, those silly threads can just be deleted...heh, hell, go for it says i. then, we can have all the vampy shows in one area. as there's more interest in the shows combined than in each individually.

15. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I'm sorry that I brought the idea up now. If it causes fights then I don't think its worth having it up.

16. Novus

Novus Gone

Hey, the idea itself did not cause the struggle. It was the mindlessness of a few members (myself included).
    The idea itself is a good idea, I just don't think it is necessary in that it's not a genre, so much as an element. Anyway, genres don't seem to get their own forums around here, so why would one be any different?
    Anyway, I sound like a broken record by now, so I'll just shut up.

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

This thread got derailed. Try continuing in this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.