Multimedia Video clips

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Luffy, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

i dont know if thi sbelongs here but..... well does any one know where to get video clips to make an AMV of some sort because im trying to make one but theres no video clap i can find besides trilors and i need to know if you guys know of any places to get get them.
    Thanks,

-Luffy

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

This can be touchy depending on how you go about it. Most AMV'ers use DVDs, rip the footage/episodes into a massive, yet easy to edit file size, build the AMV, and then compress it down with a codec. Another method people like to use is to take fansub footage, clip the tops and bottoms of the screen to make it look like widescreen (and remove the subs for the footage) and build it from there. The problem with that is that footage that has already been compressed is difficult to edit because the basic Premiere editor doesn't play very well with it and it can be hard getting the exact footage in the exact length that you want. This is all due to the compression process and how files are compressed into the smaller, bitesized media files we have today. If you're serious about starting AMVs then you should go register at www.AnimeMusicVideo.org and look up some of thier tutorials. If you can donate a few dollars you'll have access to thier local download servers (almost guaranteeing you'll get the video you're looking at) as well as a slew of other little goodies. They also have tutorials and fan created guides there on how to glean footage (legally, as always) for use in AMVs. When it comes to actually USING the editor like Adobe Premiere, well, you're on your own for that. Perhaps Window's Movie Maker is a good starter choice.

~W