Tenchi Muyo Was tenchi in tokyo that bad

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by n15pca, Aug 26, 2002.

1. n15pca

n15pca New Member

I mean it some bad part's in it. Tokyo or bust come to mind. It also had a good ending and it would have been nice for them to see yugi wake become part of the tenchi family in a spin-off of tenchi in tokyo. Thanks to alot of fan's we will not see this come to past. It's a 7.5 out of 10 in my opition!!! :(

2. Lord Van

Lord Van New Member

Why did they have to take it off the air? There was 2 episodes left that they didnt show.

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I thought that Tenchi in Tokyo was great! The whole ending where Tenchi goes to fight her but has her turn good and become part of the family was beautiful. As well the series is funny, like the whole Big Purple Monster escapade...

4. EvilPuffBall

EvilPuffBall Guest

Huh the fighting part with tenchi in tokyo and that girl (argh forgot her name :( ) and then they put her in a tank or something... wasnt that th last episode?

5. Lord Van

Lord Van New Member

the last episode toonami showed was the one were yugi took sakuya to her world. the episode after(which toonami didnt show)was when she suck up every one in the world.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I know a large portion of the fanbase shrugs at Tenchi in Tokyo. It certainly lacks the serious tone that comes into play with the other series, the animation and music are of lower quality, and...well, it's just plain weird. But it was the lack of seriousness and "weird" nature that I think truly drew me in. Here was something so stupid it drew audible laughs from me, and it was clearly not the norm.

I must admit I'm a little in the dark when it comes to Toonami, etc...but it sounds like it got cut or something? Could someone explain exactly what happened?

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, it's not like the show won't be released in the states at all anyways...i mean, the show was available for sale long before cartoon network even picked it up to show on tv...i didn't think the little bit i saw was bad, but ive never thoguht the show was all that great either...it's like ranma for me, good to a point, and then it just gets too silly for me...<shrug>

8. Bau

Bau New Member

(sorry if i spell any names wrong) well i think that it was a really good show, what am i saying i loved it it was great. anyway when i first got the tape from my friend i couldn't stop watching it. i felt so bad for saukra, that was sad :(
    i loved the charaters, my favrite is Sasami i really liked her. and yugi was cool. the end was awsome, although she had to be put in that dome so she would grow up normal. yeah anyway i LOVED it, i gotta wacth it some more...
    -----------------------------------------------
    KUPO
    oh yeah:shy3:

9. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

i dont think it was bad. i loved the ending. i just wish she was awake to so i could see sasami playwith her. but i still cry everytime i see it.

10. i loved tenchi in tokyo. it was so sad but i didnt get to go se the last two episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!i got to go buy the tapes!!!!!!!I dont know why people say it was real bad

11. Lt.Noin_195

Lt.Noin_195 New Member

Yeah I liked the ending too. But Tenchi Univers will always be my fave. It wasn't that Tenchi in Tokyo was that bad it was just my least favorite.

~LaTeRz

Attached Files:

12. Evilo

Evilo New Member

Yes it is definatly that bad, i would rather watch "Astroboy" than that crap.:mad:

13. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I didn't think Tenchi In Tokyo was bad, I thought it Sucked. Thank god I watched tenchi universe before this pile of crap, other while I would have put Tenchi as my most hated anime list.

14. Evilo

Evilo New Member

Yeah if i hadnt have watched tenchi muyo, i would have branded all tenchi as crap after watching tenchi tokyo, but tenchi universe isnt much better!

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I'd rather watch Astroboy than a lot of things. But thats probably because I have good nostalgic memories of it rather than any clear memories. I remember loving that show as a kid....

16. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

They just decided to cut it.Toonami does that alot,take off shows for no apparent reason.They took Gundam Wing off,and that was one of their highest rated shows.

One reason however might be that they want to fill Toonami with DBZ.Which they have done recently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the topic of Tenchi in Tokyo:
    I didn't like Tenchi in Tokyo that much.Didnt like its story too much.Tenchi Universe was my favorite Tenchi series.

17. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

I didn't really like Tenchi in Tokyo. I was surprized cause I thought that it was going to be good but, I did like the ending. It wasn't too bad.

Off the subject, I think that CN should just make Adult Swim longer instead of just cutting shows especially when a series is one or two episodes from ending. I hate it when that happens!
    :glazed:
    Oh well.....;)

~ByE 4 NoW~

~Washu