Art Web Design Programs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Suzu, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

HAO! HELLO! and Konnichiwa! :D Skuld here is conducting a research and is asking M2A memeber of the Webpage creating programs they use to make their webpages.

Starting with Skuld>

I use mostly Dreamweaver to create my pages... :)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If you mean programs that specifically are designed for producing web pages, I can't answer that anymore...I admit FrontPage had its day, but I let that puppy go. Generators have the tendency to throw in too much extra unneeded code...move things I don't want moved, and sometimes even ruin an entire page I've developed...

Now, on the other hand, if you were asking what software I use to develop my own web stuff I can answer! My four Main tools are (drumroll please)...

1) Photoshop - before even coding a thing, I make myself a little layout to scale graphically. For Castle J, I originally laid it on on scrap paper, then liad out the whole index graphically layered in Photoshop. This also made it easier to slice out the graphic images's need later as well as serve purpose as a reference for placement.

2) Notepad - simple enough and quick enough to do any HTML or JavaScript I need done. If I ever need mor epower, though, I can always turn to his big brother Wordpad. Here's where I build things little by little with magical tables.

3 + 4) Internet Explorer + Netscape Browsers - Periodically through development, as I build the HTML, I refresh it for viewing in both of the major browsers. Chances are, if these two both handle things ok, most other browsers under the sun will. It's important to check as I go, to catch any tag mistakes early on, before they get lost in big pages.

And that's how I get things done!

BakaMattSu, at work is another story, but I've typed enough...

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I use Frontpage. Since it does do unwanted stuff, I refine where needed using Notepad.

i then test in Internet Explorer and Opera. Opera is in full compliance with established internet standars, so if it works on Opera, it should theoretically work on anything. Not to mention it's my browser of choice. furthermore, it's running a close third to netscape. LINK End Opera plug.

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I use good old adobe photoshop to create images for the layout of my site, and Dreamweaver 4 to put it all together. I have to confess that I don't know pure html though, I will be learning it soon in school though(finally......).

I started off using pagebuilder at geocities though, ah the days >.< but it's a good way to start off if you're new at web design :glazed:

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

One of my last assignments this year was to make a 'virtual exhibit' (for museum studies). so, I have been working in adobe photoshop, then image ready to make animation gifs, then bringing the gifs into flash to make them smaller then bringing them into Dreamweaver.. too many steps! but its worth it..

6. JEDI_X

JEDI_X New Member

dreamweaver

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

well i didnt use any web design program but if u ppl are interested in having some great layouts here is a great website:Link

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I've been using 'vim' to make a website in PHP, you should probably use something like dreamweaver tho :)