Computers Website Designer needed.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by HappyTang, Jul 11, 2003.

1. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Hmm, I've been posting this at most forums, so why not here also. Please move to whereever if necessary.

This is basically a classified ad.

I am in need of either a professional, or still in the works website designer. It doesn't matter what he likes to write the website in. He must be able to have basic if not more skills in Photoshop. The genre is a anime dvd store. It would be nice if flash is known.

What you get:
    $150+ Depending on quality and time.
    1 free anime dvd sent monthly
    Oppurtunity to expand experience (duh)
    Also if he/she would like, they can update the website weekly for a amount of pay also.

Please pm me or email:
    carpinteria@juno.com

Must be prepared to do sample page.

Thanks.

P.S. If you know any other forums in which I may find more experienced designers, please say.

I will be selling all regions, I seem to have hooked myself up with a licensed dealer, so now I'm able to sell those in conjunction with the HK's (region 0) that I originally sell. And yes, there will be a small selection of region 2 dvds.

About the anime merchandise, to some extent yes, for the beginning layout of the site, there will be nothing about anime merchandise, as to say the Quota that I got for a minimum for all that crap is pretty high to get it at the price that I need. So I intend to start selling those in the near future, when the site has become more exposed.

If flash could be used, I would ask you to make a flash enabled site, some intro's, and interactive menus if possible. Do not forget though, you must also have a pretty ood amount of exp. in photoshop, as to say you need to make the logo also.

Ahh well, broke, not broke, we can always work something out. If I had to, I would be able to offer you the price of what I buy the anime dvds for, or if not, free merchandise.

P.S. You also must help with promotion aside from whatever I do.

P.S.S. (-_-) You also have to make banners also.

I'm getting a good amount of responses in my email so far. Then I also get the occasional "ALMIGHTY MATRIX DESIGNER" asking for a 400 dollar paycheck, and not a dvd a month, but a dvd a DAY. Take notice that requests such as these will be impossible, unless you have some sure fire way to beat every other single site out there.

You can also AIM me at: HappyTangForU

Oh yes, hi I'm happytang, and uh... I own 4 TB of anime. WHEE! Oh yea, if you don't understand anything about this, it's because it's just a copy and paste of posts from the other forum sites that I've posted it at.

2. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Man... i really wish i had the skill you want... cus i would love the rewards your offering... man... that rules...!!! But, I dont... so... i geuss i will dream of a world where I get 1 free anime DVD every month and get 150 for designing a web page...

*dazes off into a day-dream*

3. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Wow...... I'm happy to know your dreaming...

4. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Well, $150 isn't really a great price for the kind of site you're describing, it'll require a lot of server-side coding to add the search features, secure ordering forms, etc. The dvd's are nice, though. I'd offer to do it, but although I'm good at design, I'm less so at server-side technologies. Good luck, though.

By the way, this should have been posted in the Tech forum, don't be too surprised if it gets moved.

- Ark

5. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Hmm. Yes I see this tech forum now.. Ahh well, let it grab some attention here a little will ya?

Well, if you were lazy, we could find somebody else to do all those other things. Yes, 150 dollars is not a lot, but don't forget, not only will you get a dvd a month, you'll also get other benefits such as buying the dvds almost as low as I get them. Also, if I find that your work is so exceptional that it should be worth 2000 dollars, then I'll offer a dvd a week.

You could always team up with izmatic, who has stepped up to the plate with basic flash skills and all the other basics. If you would like, I can let you talk to him about it.

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I am no pro, I am merly a biginner, but I'll give it a shot in designing a little one :p

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

id do it but its too much work for just £70-£90, and like ark, i dont have a clue about setting up crap like shopping stuff, although my webserver can automatically install ascript that runs a shopping type script, my advice is to buy a website template from someplace, edit it up a bit and then buy a seperate shopping cart type script from somewhere like hotscripts.com and, script+template=website

8. sasuke_aoshi

sasuke_aoshi New Member

As many people said, this is a complex website you want. $150 is nothing. (Even with the added perks). I'd suggest you pay more. I could personaly do about 80% of what you want.

9. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Ahhh.. Here it is.. For some reason I couldn't find this thread anywhere. I forgot to post some things that have occured.

Deadline: For a simple sample page with nothing out of the complicated. July 28,2003.

Ok, I figured out it wasn't flash that was needed, but rather java, or some other script.

Secondly, if I believe it to be worth it, I have as much as 0-900 dollars to spend on designing of this website. Of course you will also get added benefits such as a trip to japan to go work conventions for me.

Also, I am coming to these forums mainly because I am looking for a web designer who has that certain experience I'm looking for with anime. Obviously, yes, I could go to a site and hire a professional, but it'd be hard for him to come up with a design probably because he doesn't know what the hell anime is in the first place.

YES. All hosting and payment for blah blah blah things will be payed for by me. I cannot set up exactly which host we will use, rather because that some do not support certain code.

Am I making these in my basement? ... Not in my basement. :rolleyes:

SO NO FLASH. MORE MONEY. MORE BENEFITS. If possible I can start working out commision also, but that's a totally different story.

Oh yea, LICENSED ANIME (Region 1) will be sold at this store. With Region 0 on the side too, since obviously, region 0 has also a broader wider selection.

If you feel that you need a little more time than July 28, 2003, then please email and we will work something out.

carpinteria@juno.com

10. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Hi, actually if, possible I would like to do it by paypal. I'm a verified user and I could also give a deposit. Otherwise.... Can't really say anything much else.

11. Kamui

Wow... if only i could do all the stuff you want... now banners... im not bad at that or any other images that need creating... but thats all im good for... lol

12. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Any type of work sent in will be appreciated and will be rewarded if amazing 0_0. :)

13. Kamui

Also, I have a little question... when I make a banner (or a few) for the site... may i inquire as to what the name of it will be???

EDIT:Heres what I have so far on one of the pics im doin... i just only wish i knew what else to put on it... If you have a preference as of what you want on the other part of it... tell me

[​IMG]

14. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

www.genesisanime.com

Genesis Anime is the main theme.

Yes, it is mainly themed on Neon Genesis Eva.

Dvds, less than 8 dollars.

Can you make it gif or moving?

Free dvd if done.

Tks.

[​IMG]

AHHH YES, our logo in horrible jpeg format, of course my damned photoshop of it looks much more smoother and higher quality.
    If by chance, you can submit an even more unique and much cooler logo than this, you will be rewarded with a free dvd. Tks.

Edit: UHHH why is it showing up as a url? Stupid IMG code...

15. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Uhhh... As soon as the sites up, you'll be able to choose which dvd. Of course, I can't say what I want in the logo.... Since I would like it to be original and unique. So if you could, something out of your own mind, probably with a evangelion look to it, with a more..... radiant feeling...

16. Kamui

just a question... do you even like the one i started??? Cus i put a lot of time into getting it just perfect... also... what do you want on the other side of it...???

17. HappyTang

HappyTang New Member

Iono. To me the quality looks horrible, but that's because it's a jpeg. Probably some kind... of radiant text saying genesisanime and some other kind of thing? Unless you know how to make it a .gif or other banner so that it switches text.