Roleplaying Games Weekend D&D Campaign

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, May 22, 2007.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm starting an online dungeons and dragon campaign with a couple of friends and I think it'd be more fun with a slightly bigger group than what we're currently looking at.

If anyone is interested in some live role playing over virtual tabletop and voice chat and usually has free time on Saturdays I'd be open for adding you to our game. Previous experience with D&D helps, but is not required. I'm planning on making it a regular thing - meeting for a couple hours each week. Our first session will be June 2nd.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Sounds interesting. How did the first one go? Exactly what do you need to participate. I have seen "Mazes and Monsters" with Tom Hanks. And watched the movie "Dungeons and Dragons" but that may be all my knowledge.

3. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

Baka, what version are you using? I have some stuff from 3.5 and AD&D but thats about it. I needs more info! But i might be down since my last two groups disbanded cuz the DM's have "lives" now that they have girlfriends. ><

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Basher: The planned session fell through last try - had the majority of the lined up players have to bail out a day or so beforehand (one was unable to get out of some weekend overtime, the other was a no-show). Familiarity with the rules can help, but you really need little more than the time and willingness to play out your character's role. Since it has been a long time since any of my group were all together for a game I was planning on converting an old 1st edition 0-level module to d20 system on the fly. It's one designed as an introductory for newer players and requires little preparation on the players' parts, since everyone begins classless and only needs to roll up primary stats.

I guess the only requirement would be the actual programs we'll be running the session with. The Ventrilo client for voice communication (although there will also be text chat if absolutely necessary as a fall back).

Tangledweb's character profiler for online character sheet storage - their template auto-fills many odds and ends on the sheets where appropriate, and a digital character sheet saves on erasers and pencils.

And RPTool's amazing java-based MapTool program for tactical battles and exploration purposes.

LiLd3vil4u: Most of my players last played when the version was 3E. 3.5E isn't a huge step up from that so it wouldn't probably be all too hard to accommodate if they're willing. All my physical books are 1st and 2nd edition, but I find 3rd edition much more streamlined and easier to follow for new gamers - and having SRD documents fills in any knowledge gaps needed on my part.

I'm trying again soon, after I get confirmation of my players' schedules - it looks like it may be shifting to a weeknight...

5. Basher

So how is it going now?

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Doesn't look like anything will happen. :(

Our work schedules are just all in conflict at the moment and we can't seem to settle on a meeting time.

7. Basher

That stinks.

Soon I hope ya can. Even if a few people can't do it.

Maybe we can do something like this for the people from bjp.