Weekly Checkup (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by wertitis, Feb 13, 2007.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Just a thread to post weekly spoilers/discussions for those still following the bleach saga on a week to week basis via torrents and fansubs or simply watching the original source aired in Japan. If you're following Cartoon Network's Bleach then you're about 75 episodes behind the rest of us, so there will be spoilers to keep an eye out for.

Anyway Anyway, Episode 114. Anyone else keeping track on events so far?
    Now that the pointless Bount filler is done everything was brought back to where it should be as far as the manga plot goes (don't you just hate it when you have filler that leaves everything exactly the way it was prior to its start? Ishida's still worthless, Chat and Orihime haven't developed any, Rukia's STILL hurt, and everyone's back in Soul Society with the exception of Ichigo who's still borderline emo. The only new things that seemed to carry over were the three Bount Sensors whose names I still haven't cared enough to learn), and for those who aren't following said manga, the recent plot progression has been like a landslide.

Ichigo's Dad being a Shinigami was news to me. I didn't see it coming at all. Grand Fisher mentioned that Ichigo was pure blood which leads me to believe that his mother was Shinigami too, which could explain why we never actually see HOW his mom was killed by Fisher. Maybe a battle? The knowledge of what happened exactly would have to have been kept hush hush because of the plot revelations.

Tasuki and Ichigo's kid sister are also starting to come out of the closet with thier abilities. I can see Tatsuki being a badass, nimble fighter down the road (which the group needs considering Chad is all muscle and Orihime is solely support), as for Ichigo's little sister I don't have any idea were they plan on taking that. It's wide open.

Ishida and his Dad came as less of a shock to me than Ichigo's because we know that thier Quincy powers are heredative. Still it'll be nice to see Ishida back in full action once again. As for his promise I think it will be a safe bet that he will not be able to keep it, simply because of how tightly woven he's gotten himself into with regards to Ichigo and the rest of Soul Society.

Yay for everyone arriving from Soul Society. The opening sequence kinda clues you in on thier arrival, but still it's fun to see a legitimate squad sent down to clean up the mess that's been forming and assist Ichigo.

And then there's Ichigo. Everyone saw this development coming, especially after the fight between himself and Kenpachi. His inner hollow is one mean little sh*t-stain and it would be pretty sweet to see Ichigo being able to integrate his abilities with his own on a regular basis. Frankly, for him to be able to take on Aizen he will have to. At the very least he will have to tame the hollow and call in his abilities when he needs it a-la Naruto if he hopes to stand a chance against Aizen and his growing legion.

The Vaizard are a series of interesting developments as well. They're Shinigami who awakened thier hollow inside, much like Ichigo, and in a sense are more human than thier counterparts the Arrancar- who are Hollow who have broken thier masks and awakened thier inner Shinigami. Neither are completely Shinigami, human nor hollow, and both seem to have an intense hatred for all three (four if the Vaizard and Arrancar are at war with one another). Still the Vaizard seem have the most incommon with regular Shinigami and are possible candidates as allies. The story is already developing in a manner to develop pity for thier plight. I think they'll be alot of fun down the road as well. As for the Arrancar, the one with the pale skin is going to be a wicked little fight, I can see that now.

I got a quick question for the Manga readers- Are the Bount Sensors in the manga at all up to this point, and if so, how were they integrated into the plot?

I still love watching Ichigo activate his Bankai. I really don't know why.

Keep in mind I haven't read the manga past what's been released by Shonen Jump, so manga spoilers are no-go in this thread. :3

2. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Just to let you know
    Bount Sensors arnt in the Manga
    I wish something would happen to them in the anime so they would just disappear.. =O

Anyways I Loveee everything thats going on in the anime right now =)

If you saw the Viazards (Some Not all Im pretty sure) Use to be EX-Shinigami but i don't think all of them would be
    Arrancar and Viazards arnt on friendly terms with each other thats for sure =)
    If your Extremly Surprised at all This i cant wait too see your reaction in the future =)

3. wertitis

I figured they were Ex-Shinigami, otherwise the Vaizards would be exactly the same as the Arrancar (who used to be ex-Hollows). Anyway that's good news for me. I'm anxious to see how the plot develops. I know there's more surprises in store so I'm pretty stoked. I'm happy that they finally picked everything up once again. It's nice to remember why I fell in love with Bleach in the first place.

<3 Bleach

By and By, did they ever explain why Rukia's Captain is always so sick?

~W

4. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Well
    READ AT YOUR OWN RISK REVEALS WHY WHATS HIS FACE IS SICK =P
    VOLUME 18 OF MANGA (Not sure if that is already in anime or not cause i dont keep track of volumes)

In volume 18 of the manga, it is revealed that the illness he suffers from is tuberculosis and his hair turned white three days after his illness surfaced.

5. wertitis

They havent released it for the anime yet. I think the manga is up to 15 or 16. So the good news is that as far as the Shonen Jump Manga is concerned we're about to find out real soon.

Wewt.

~W

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am for one glad that the Anime to the Manga is back on track. It would be scary if it pulled a Naruto.

So Wert do like this arc so far?

7. wertitis

Wert is getting back into this arc so far. :3

Eps 115:

Seems like this episode is more of Ichigo being emo, coming to terms with himself and the over the top (and a little unnecessary) exploits of the group who came from Soul Society to visit him.

The meat, however, seems to come from Toushiro's explination of the Menos class hollows. The Menos Grande seems to have been reclassified as Menos Gillian. Above them are the Adjuchas and finally the "Vasto Lorde" (which I'll call Vast Lords because I hate unncessary vowels). Yami and Ulquiorra seem to fall into the last two categories. No doubt Ulquiorra's a Vast Lord, and Yami seems to be boardering the line, though based upon what we've been shown odds are good that he's an example of a Adjuchas rather than a Vast Lord. He had issues taking out Tasuki, and wasn't even a match for a weaponless Youruichi which doesn't say very much for him.

Twenty possible modified hollows? Toushiro said that it would only take ten "awakened" Vast Lords to take out Soul Society. More than a few of them appear to be former Vast Lords. Either Aizen has something planned that's beyond that scope or they're not ready for combat yet. Hell, it could just be that he's doing the "bad guy" thing of just sitting on his resources and waiting. We still don't know why he's interested in Ichigo (apart from his latent hollow abilities). No sign of the Vaizard yet either.

When I was reading the manga I noticed that after the incident with Grand Fisher he seemed to pull a similar stunt of removing his mask and letting his bald head come into view as he was getting medical treatment. That leads me to believe that Aizen's been making Mischief for longer than we're being let on. Either that or hollows have always been able to pull back a portion of thier mask.

Anyone else seem to think that the new and improved version of Grand Fisher was a weak, caveman-ish version of his badass hollow self? It was like he got dumber and weaker over the course of his transformation. That was a dissapointing fight, even with Ichigo's Dad stepping in.

I think I could kill Bleach's creator if he pulled a Naruto. At least that shamed series seems to be getting back on track once again.

~W

8. wertitis

116-118

Yay-ness.

Nothing much happens in 115 other than the introduction of some of the other Arrancars and where the remaining shinigami find thier places of rest when they're not at school or killing Hallows. Orihime comes out with her feelings about the whole matter to Matsumoto which promptly leads to the best screenshot evar (at the end of this post). The Arrancar seem to begin thier attacks on anyone with any Reiatsu of note.

Introduces Rukia's awakened blade which looks like a white Zanpakuto with a long white ribbon coming off the end of the hilt, called the Sode No Shirayuki. Apparently, like Toshiro, her blade specializes in ice and frost. She's very good which is made apparent to the Arrancar she kills (One by the name of D-Roy). Grimjaw shows up shortly there after and decides to have some follow-up combat fun. (DB calls him Grimmjow but if you see him and hear how his name is pronounced, Grimjaw just sounds right.)

zomg

This was one of the best episodes in a while. Ikkaku was the first Shinigami Ichigo fought upon entering the Seiterei(sp) in Soul Society. He was the one with the spear/lance/polearm/whatever, and at the time he seemed a moderately formidable opponent, but nothing special.

This episode brings him into full light and reveals just why he and his buddy, Pretty boy- Yumichika, were chosen to come along to help. Ikkaku is a regular beast. The fight between him and the Arrancar Eldorado is badass. (DB calls him Edorad, but the character clearly says Eldorado, and based upon the spanish background of many of the hallows, and the marrachi's that play during this fight, I'm inclinded to say that the character says Eldorado on purpose, not just because Japanese peope have to end all our words with a vowel.) It looks like Ichigo and Renji are not the only ones who have learned Bankai. Ikkaku's fits him and his fighting style pretty well. I wonder if Yumichika is the same way, with a few combat skills (i.e. Bankai) hidden up his sleeve. That pits Renji and Ikkaku as potential Captains down the road, btw. This episode was also host to the second most badass screenshot evar, but this one is a spoiler shot so I'll just include it Here.

It feels good to love Bleach again. Everything is picking up.

Bestest Screenie Ever

~W

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Man I am missing out. Though I plan on getting it and watching it at night. Cant wait to catch up.