Music well lets see here

Discussion in 'Music' started by Energizer Bunny, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

okay so everyone loves the pillows and knows all these lyrics to the songs and stuff but i guess im just weird and have never heard any of their songs.where im going with this is what are the top songs so i can see what i think of this group!!puhlease help me out here i luv discovering new music teehee^-^

------------------
    Spread the Sunshine!!~theBunny~^-^

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Welllll, I have no idea what their "top songs" are...but I'd take a listen to "Advice", it's the one that made me take notice...

On the seventh day of Christmas, BakaMattSu gave to me, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS....

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Is that as in The Book of the Five Rings, or is it an attempt at a Lord of the Rings reference? If you'll check your books, you'd know that the number of the Rings went 3-7-9-1. There was no five. The 3 were the Elf-Rings, of which I know one, but I haven't the foggiest where the others are. The 7 Dwarf-rings were destroyed by Dragon's fire, if I'm not mistaken. The 9 Rings given to Men are now in the Dark Lord Sauron's control with the Ringwraiths, and the One is the Ruling Ring we've heard so much about (I speak purely in a means not to give away the movie, if I left something out). So, if that's your reference, you'd better think again.
    Whew, that was quite a long ramble! Let's get back on topic!

I'd also have to recommend Advice. It's even better than most of the songs by my Canadian heroes (except maybe Burton Cummings, nothing tops him). You should also check out Hybrid Rainbows (my other favourite, it's kind of a draw), Ride On Shooting Star, and Crazy Sunshine.
    Those are my favourites, but I really haven't heard a Pillows song I didn't like. Just be warned: Crazy Sunshine'll get stuck in your head for weeks, and you'll end up memorizing parts of it to sing along with your CD player on the bus.
    Maybe that last part's just me ...

------------------
    Hold my breath as I wish for death ... PLEASE GOD HELP ME!

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 12-07-2001).]

4. Energizer Bunny

teehee ya know what i got all excited bc i thought i would finally hear the pillows songs and then when i looked for them i couldnt find any *sniffsniff* anybody know where i can download some of their songs? im asking so many questions sowwy! [​IMG]

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yeah, J-Stuff can be hard to find...

Maybe you can find some of their stuff if you look for FLCL... they did the soundtrack for Furi Kuri...?

BakaMattSu, or try a file-share like Kazaa or WinMX...or Mamiya's donkey?

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

WinMX does indeed rock for getting the pillows stuff. If I'm on there, I'll have my 135 pillows tracks shared [​IMG]

Their work really varies. I like someof the older stuff like One Life, Blues Drive Monster, or newer like I Think I Can. You really can't go wrong. In the highly unlikely event that you don't like a song, just grab another! Or several!

BTW: I'm up to 135 through the recent acquisition of some live tracks from FM NHK Livebeat [​IMG]

Also, Busters on the Planet, their tour DVD just arrived! At home in Wyoming that is, so I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if my parents watched it without me [​IMG] The post office apparently called them to make sure they were expecting a package from Japan. Doesn't seem to happen much there I guess [​IMG] But what can you expect from a town of 7,300 cowboys?

7. MamiyaOtaru

Call me crazy but it sounds like a reference to the twelve days of christmas [​IMG]
    --------------
    four calling birds three french hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

What's your name on winmx Mamiya? (mamiyaotaru I bet ;P)

Hmmmm....I recommend Advice, Ride on Shooting Star, Blues Drive Monster, Little Busters, Crazy Sunshine and more!!

9. MamiyaOtaru

How'd you guess? [​IMG]

In short, I guess I'd recommend their discography [​IMG]

10. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

WARNING! SEMI-SPAMATIC MESSAGE!
    Okay, you're crazy. There. You asked for that, so GNZ delivered. Apparently you don't have to be a Pizza Cat to do that sort of thing anymore.
    Anyway, my rather long-winded remark was based on the fact that the "FIVE GOLDEN RINGS" thing was capitalized, and the rest of the line wasn't. This fact led me to believe that this was some attempt at a subtle allusion. I could be wrong, though.

By the way, Last Dinosaur's pretty good too.

------------------
    Loneliness is a slow-acting but lethal poison.
    It's time I found the cure.

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 12-08-2001).]

11. Energizer Bunny

ive been trying winMX for a while and i cant seem to find any [​IMG] but im sooo not giving up yet lol anywhoz thanks for all the help you guys!i appreciate it [​IMG] ciao4now

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I find all mine on Morpheus, myself. I've never had any trouble with that ...

------------------
    Loneliness is a slow-acting but lethal poison.
    It's time to find the cure.

13. MamiyaOtaru

Can't find them on WinMX, I'm incredulous frankly. I just popped it up and searched and had 300 hits.. Always more than on morpheus. They are certainly there though.