What about Kenji?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Kenji, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Kenji

Kenji New Member

Is it just me or dose Kenji need his own show? There is a lack of respect for him because he's only in the last OVA.

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well hes not an important chracter to the story. he does eventually come to fight Yahiko to determine who will become the possesor of the Sakabatou Shinuchi. beyond that he comes into the story far too late to be of an significance...

3. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

well i think he should have at least some shows after kenshin dies to see if he can surpass his dads legend. but by the time of kenshins death the sword era was gone because of gun powder so there really is no reasen for it to continue because there is nothing to go up against.

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

he couldnt surpass his father legend...its something set in stone in an era where the way he gained the legend is no longer possible...its not perhaps that there wasnt anything to go up against but perhaps...nothing to challenge the swordsmen. an interesting fact is that guns had been around since the early 1500's. brought by Dutch traders they were accepted in Japan as a weapon but thought as something not worthy of the Samurai class.

5. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

The guy who does the manga for Rurouni Kenshin (i have the books and i don't even know his name! AH!) does a manga about Yahiko and the Sakabatou so maybe hes in there. but i also read about what Hitokiri_Gensai said that Yahiko gives kenji the Sakabatou because he was able to afford his own. But the only reason why kenji fought Yahiko was because he had to go back to kaoru because kenshin was gone and he was with hiko learning the hiten misturege ryu (sp?). this is all so confusing! :dizzy2:

6. mika seido

mika seido New Member

my brother kenji yamamoto is the best and most respected man
    and works at nintendo.

7. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Sorry but I think you should put spoiler there. at least for those who haven't watched Seisouhen. . What you don't know Watsuki sensei's name???? grrrr.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

he gave the sakabatou to Yahiko as a present for gempuku. there are only two sakabatou's. one broke and the other was given to Kenshin by Shakku's son Seikuu.

9. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

don't yell at me i didn't know! and i'm sorry i just forget these things! DON'T YELL AT ME! *cries* :eek:

10. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Just saying, the person who created Rurouni Kenshin is Nubihiro Watasuki.. I think *hehe* :sweat2: :sweat2: And it's spelled Hiten Mitsarugi according to several websites.

11. Christabel

Christabel New Member

It's Nobuhiro Watsuki to be exact. O.O sorry Chibi Sango, don't mean to yell at ya. :sweat2:

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

again this is one of my pet peeves...its family name first then given name so Watsuki Nobuhiro. and its spelled Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu *Flying Heavens Honorable Sword Style*

13. raziel's death

wow this guy is cool because he knows much about kenshin

14. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

It's kinda scary that he knows too much don't you think? not trying to be mean or any thing.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

its an obcession...ive read the whole series over 50 times. ive seen the whole anime over 40 times and ive seen both OVA series over 30...

16. raziel's death

i have seen the ovas about 6 times

17. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

omg. that's alot if you ask me...i've never seen the Ova epies. but i do record Rk on saturdays and watch them over and over and say every line to it. :sweat2: :sweat: :sweat2:

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

eh, i didnt bother to watch it in English...to many mistakes and they toned down the language too much...and there are a few random jokes that only make sense in japanese...

I wasnt all to thrilled when Rurouni Kenshin actually came to america...most because im a "strategist" as Musashi Miyamoto called swordsmen. and after 8 years of practicing Nihon Kenjutsu i get many many parents watching my practice kata and say things like "oh look, he thinks he can use a sword like Kenshin". now...that is a huge insult to me...ive practiced for the last 8 years...and to be told that i "think" i can use a sword is very insulting...

19. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

:bleed2: Oh my god dude i now have the most respect for you. You're the coolest person i ever meet.

20. Hitokiri_Gensai

thanks ^_^x;;;;;; i dont really see why but ok ^_^x;;;