Anime What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Like the manga thread, I searched for an anime thread just like this one. Didn't find one.

Lets post what we are watching, catching up on, planning on to watch, or finished recently. This is an attempt to get this great board up and running again. If there are some of the same series we can talk about them.

Watching
    Hate to say nothing. Horrible right?

Catching up on
    Far to many. Don't tell me that they ended.
    OP
    DC
    Naruto
    Bleach

Planning on Watching
    Bakuman

Finished Recently
    The Borrower Arrietty -By Studio Ghibli.

I also watched some Live Action recently but not much. Told the lot of you I slowed down. Big time.

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Gintama - Stopped. Didn't jive with me.

What is this DC?

~W

3. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Final Approach - dropped it after watching 4 episodes. Yep, that's about it for now

4. Firefox

Firefox Member

I was watching Steins;Gate, although I've fallen a few episodes behind and haven't had the chance to get caught up yet.

I'm also gearing up for a Shakugan no Shana rewatch since season 3 is supposed to start airing right away.

I have much better taste in anime nowadays, lol :3

5. Basher

Detective Conan.

firefox, whats Steins;Gate about?

6. Firefox

Firefox Member

[thread]25604[/thread]

Here ya go :p

Fantastic series, shame it's almost over now :/

7. Basher

Can't talk about anything if no one has any in common. Grabbed Bakuman and Steins;Gate. Watch an episode of both this weekend.

Thinks we should pick an anime and everyone watch episode #1. So we can get some talking going.

8. wertitis

Ya know what, I think this might not be a bad idea. Let's throw some ideas onto the table here. What looks good?

~W

9. Basher

Seems like nothing when I looked last... :(

Lets see Autumn 2011:

Un-Go - Shinjuurou and Inga work together to solve mysteries in a near future timeline. Starts Oct 13.

Hunter × Hunter (TV 2011) - Based on the 1999 TV Series. A hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals ti searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon Freecs is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father's path, he could one day reunite with him. Airs Oct 2.

Maybe: Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - A school adventure story revolving around Kaito, a puzzle-loving freshman at the private high school named "Root Academy." He is selected as a candidate for "Phi Brain" for his extraordinary mental skills. One day, he and his childhood friend Nonoha tackle the "unsolvable puzzle" hidden in the underground ruins near the school. They are guided by the mobile device give to Kaito by the student council president. Airs Oct. 2.

Guilty Crown - The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus “Lost Christmas” in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ohma Shu is a 17 year old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power “Ability of King” to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called “Undertaker”, whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government. Airs Oct. 13.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - In the far future, humans abandon the devastated Earth and move to the upper world “Tenjo”. But Tenjo and the law of causation collapse by a war and humans returns to the Earth, which has turns into an inhabitable planet except for Shinshu area.

Shinshu is too small to accommodate all the humans, so they duplicate the area and create “Juso Sekai” in a parallel world. In order to rebuild Tenjo and the law of causation, the returned humans start reproduction of the history from B.C. 10,000. When the reproduction proceeds to A.D. 1413, a war breaks out in Shinshu and Juso Sekai falls onto the original world.

The humans living in Juso Sekai lose their land and invade the original world. People in Shinshu surrender and the land is divided by the invaders from Juso Sekai. They try to resume the history reproduction from A.D.1457, but the update of the history terminates in A.D.1648. A rumor of apocalypse begins to spread the world. Airs Oct 1.

There's a bunch of good looking season 2, continuations, or movies like Bakuman 2, Fate/Zero, Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam, s-Cry-ed Alteration, Tekken: Blood Vengeance 3D, PoT movie, Gundam.

Summer 2011: (Aired/airing)

Blood-C - New anime spawned from the Blood: The Last Vampire franchise. This time CLAMP is responsible for the story and character design.

No. 6 - Since the age of 2, Shion has been raised as an elite in the exclusive area No. 6. Now on the night of his 12th birthday, his life takes a sudden turn.

Blade

Spring 2011: (Aired/airing)

Ao no Exorcist - Rin is the son of Satan created to be a vessel powerful enough to allow Satan to join to human world by possessing him. Rin however opposes his fathers plan and became an exorcist.

Steins; Gate

Deadman Wonderland - When Ganta’s whole class got massacred by a mysterious monster, he as the sole suspect is quickly sentenced to life imprisonment in the twisted Deadman Wonderland prison where the staged fights between prisoners are broadcasted on national television.

Dog Days - A human boy gets summoned into a fantasy world by a princess to defend her kingdom.

Sket Dance - Based on a long-running manga about high-schoolers who help others out as part of their club activity.

X-men

There's a bunch of good looking season 2, continuations, or movies like Ghost in the Shell SAC SSS 3D movie, Jump Heroes Film, Fairy Tail, Black Lagoon, Saiyuki Gaiden, Maria+Holic Alive, and Appleseed XIII.

I just looked at the new series. Any other ideas throw them up.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Chobits...

11. Firefox

Firefox Member

I'm watching Shakugan no Shana Final, and I intend to start Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, although with my severe lack of free time, who knows how easy that will be :V

Both are brand new this season though, so's yeah~

12. Basher

I am watching Bakuman. Won't be able to watch anything next month while writing a book...so pick something for next month. Anything.

13. wertitis

Fairy Tail, so much fun.

~W

14. Firefox

Firefox Member

I'm kinda watching Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, and Shakugan no Shana Final, but I really haven't got the free time for either, so it's slow going :/

15. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Pokemon... I'm returning to my childhood.

Basher likes this.
  16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

I rewatch lots of random stuff at work, so that list is long.

New stuff, we're finally getting into death note. Almost done actually, and laughing our asses off at it. Got Fate stay night waiting, also with some shinki stuff my hubby found and looks adorable, waiting on more panty & stocking.

Finished FMA: Brotherhood a couple months ago and loved the hell out of it. Got my butt sat through all of Gurren Laggen. =3

Need to finish watching Zetsubou Sensei sometime. And Umi Neko...Though those are on a HD that isn't available to me atm as that laptop is being fixed.

17. wertitis

For the love of god, someone recommend something good to watch. I'm going through withdrawals here.

~W

18. Firefox

Firefox Member

I'm about to start watching Mayo Chiki, since Tomodachi ended, although I know absolutely nothing about it 'cept that the girls are hawt :V

19. Basher

Lets go with whats streaming on my netflix...

FMA Brotherhood
    Highschool of the Dead
    Soul Eater
    Cr0me Shelled Regios
    Sands of Destruction
    Basilisk
    Corpse Princess
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    Tokyo Majin
    Nabari no Ou
    Eden of the East
    Speed Grapher