What did Kenshin have in the Seisou Hen OAV? (HUGE SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by angelchan, Apr 13, 2005.

1. angelchan

angelchan New Member

I finished watching the OAV and was wondering what disease did Kenshin have? Is it based off a real disease or is it "Ye Old Fictional" kind?

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

i dont think so... TB is a lung disease and affects only the lungs, other than coughing and serious fits of coughing which can have blood in it, there are no outer visable signs. I think he may have had Cholera like his parents, or even possily leporsy...

on a side note, Okita Soushi, Ichibantai Kumicho (Captian of the first troop) of the Shinsengumi had TB. History isnt entirely sure when he contracted it, but he had a huge fit during the raid on the Ikedaya Inn and coughed up a shocking amount of blood. He was sent to a TB hospital in Edo where he died at the age of 25. They say that he still had a smile on his face when he died.

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

i think it was supposed to be a mutated form of leprocy (cant spell) where it concentrated on the upper respatory, dissentegrating it and causing coffing with blood....

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

hmm....well leporsy is a skin disease that attacks and destorys skin tissue causing body parts to fall off. so...i highly doubt that.

6. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

thats why i think its a mutated form of it. and yes its possible for leopracy to affect your organs especially if a mutated strand of the disease DNA is present. I'm not saying that it was for sure leopracy, but a posibility.

7. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

But if you have leprosy, there would be those lump things, right? I mean, that's how you could distinguish leprosy. But there weren't lumps on Kenshin's skin. Maybe it's a fictional contagious disease? I don't think cholera affects the skin though.

8. Ynarakit

Ynarakit New Member

Actually...

:eek: TB isnt just in the lungs...it can be anywhere in the body...there are, like many other diseases...many forms of it...i think kenshin died from tb from all the sources ive seen ;) i havent seen that far in the show but the sources know it all DUNDUNDUN>...then again there are many diseases out there...

HINTS:

-kenshin one once taken to a TB hospital
    -kenshin and kauru both died from the disease but there was a like 6 month difference....tb takes about that long for it to be seen, if active, if inactive tb can be in the body for years until it becomes active

its true that kenshin suffered also for his swords style but, I belive tb is was actually killed him....idk...go figure?

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, actually, leperosy doesnt actually effect the skin, it kills the nerves in the extremities which means that they dont feel pain, which means burns and cuts and scrapes and things like that done effect them. Therefore, body parts can fall off due to wounds and other such things.

10. Rane

Rane New Member

I thought that Kenshin died of leprosy!