Inu-Yasha What do you guys think of Kagura?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Hanyou_Kagome, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Hanyou_Kagome

Hanyou_Kagome New Member

I personally really enjoy the character. She's sort of an un-willing villain...if you will.

Kagura was one of Naraku's first offspring. Naraku sent her off to pin Kouga and Inu Yasha against each other. Naraku neglected to tell Kagura about Inu yasha's Kaze no Kizu and she was almost killed. Kagura realized she was just a pawn to Naraku and tried to kill him and be free of him. She couldn't though...because Naraku held Kagura's heart in his hands (literally). So Kagura was sort of forced to help Naraku cuz he had her heart in all...and she kinda hoped that one day...when he finally had all of the shikon jewel...that Naraku would return her heart and set her free.

We have all been following her story...and how she has been betraying Naraku for quite some time now...trying to find out what his weakness is and how to get rid of him once and for all. She has even saved Kohaku's life (in the manga).

Yes, to some extent I think she's evil and makes a good villain...but I also feel for her...cuz she really had no choice in the matter. And it's so sad what happens to her in the manga version! (I won't post WHAT just in case there are some spoiler-phobes in here).

So what do you guys think of Kagura? I personally like her character a lot. Is she redeemable at all?

2. D.T.

D.T. New Member

Spoilers! Don't read if you don't want the spoilers

I think that all peaople in Inuyasha are cool. I have nothing against them.

Kagura is indeed the first incarnation of Naraku. Her will to be free from him is very strong and that is what I mostly like about her.
    It is sad that she dose die in the manga...
    but Kagura must be one of the best incarnations (next to juuromaru :p)

On the other hand, Kagura was an bad guy.. er-girl... but even if so she did help Inuyasha and the gang and even tried to save Kohaku. She did get her heart back and she was free. I think that even though she was bad... she was good at the same time. Just that it is to bad she died.

3. Hanyou_Kagome

Hanyou_Kagome New Member

Yes, I think it's a horrible unjustice that Kagura dies shortly after getting back her heart. I would've liked to have seen her join the Inu Yasha group (like Kagome had invited her to) and had a hand in kicking Naraku's sorry ***.

But she would've never been able to join the Inu Yasha group cuz Naraku still had her heart. *SIGH*. Such a despicable villain that Naraku is! LOL

Shadrach Anki - I fixed the rather glaring lack of spoiler tags here. Unfortunately, it took me a while to notice, and I apologize. Next time, try to use the tags for spoilers.

4. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Gah! Spoiler tags, please! I didn't even know that, presumably because I follow the anime and that development must've taken place in the manga seeing as Kagura made an appearance in the final episode of the anime, and her imminent death wasn't even a possibility.

Anyhow I think there's an existing thread on this, but either way Kagura is my all-time favorite villain, primarily because of her flippant and rather arrogant attitude, but also because I pity her, her situation certainly sucks. Plus it's rather nice to see a character who isn't inherantly good or evil as is customary with the Inuyasha cast, she seems to hold fractions of both, and I've always loved the concept of wind-type magic anyhow.

5. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I personally don't like her. I know she's independent and all that, but she's still apart of Naraku-she's still wicked. She's arrogant, and she ALWAYS runs away when InuYasha's about to blast her. I just find that irritating.

6. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i can't say that i really hate her or like her but i guess i think that she's okay... just that she kinda helps inuyasha them...

1 person likes this.
  7. Hanyou_Kagome

Hanyou_Kagome New Member

Sorry about the spoilage. I didn't know about spoiler tags and all that. How do you make/use spoiler tags anyway?

I think I will always have a soft spot for Kagura. I didn't care for her very much at the beginning...but then she started betraying Naraku and actually helping out the IY gang every once in a while.

Yes, it was annoying how she would always make an escape just when IY was about to kill her or something....but she had a mission to complete...and she had to keep Naraku in the dark and all. Couldn't do all that if she was dead now could she?

What really made me look at her in a new light was maybe the 10 previous chapters leading up to what happened to her in the manga version. Her story just made me all teary eyed! I mean...you guys SO have to read it in order to get what I am talking about. Here is the link:

http://www.wot-club.org.uk/Inuyasha/
    Chapters 371 and 374

8. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

Well I must say that I don't like her that much but she is okay. But most of all I feel sorry for her because she must be controlled by that evil monkey Naraku. I just doesn't seem fair.

9. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

In later chapters i liked kagura, in earlier chapters i hated her. I started to really like her before she was killed. i think that manga just wouldnt be the same without her.

i felt sorry for Kagura when naraku killed her. And i also felt sorry for sesshoumaru, he wanted to use tenseiga to bring her back, but it doesnt work on demons, so all he could do is just stand there helpless and watch her die. :sad: The only good thing is that she finally became a free wind as she dreamed.

10. raquazagirl2000

raquazagirl2000 New Member

she's good

I love her!! She is always as free as the wind.. she might not be as pretty as Kagome and Sango, she is DEFINATELYN prettier that Kikyou. Both inside and outside. :D

11. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

kay, i'm changing my answer...

i personally now think that kagura isn't a bad person, but then still isn't good. (but she's getting there!) she just wanted to live her life her way, and not controlled by naraku.

it was sad how she died. she just thought that she was going to die alone. be one with the wind. but then sesshoumaru came, and he even said (well, not really) that he knew that she was going to die, and went to look for her. inuyasha and the gang came later, and then she died. heck, kagome even cried...

but then again it also depends on who's point of view you're looking at this from. if it were naraku's he'd probably hate her guts. but if it were kagome's, she'd most likely think that kagura was coming around to their side...

that didn't really make much sense. sorry.

12. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I always liked Kagura. I never really saw her as a full-fledge villian. She always wanted to break free from Naraku's hold.
    Although her story doesent go well, she is still one of my favourites/

- Kaiyon

13. Fyre

Fyre New Member

I think Kagura's really cool! You know being a wind sorcerous and all. I bet she wouldn't be so evil if she were free. I don't know i just like her.

14. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

I enjoy Kagura in the series. Her determinded mind and soul intrigues me.

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

i admire her thoughts and she is really a good person underneath I just think
    she needs to quit messing with my man Seeshomaru.. :p