Square Enix What do you name your characters?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Migoto Neko, May 11, 2003.

?

What do you name your FF characters?

1. I keep the original names.

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. I change all the names.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. I keep some, change some.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Don't ask me, I have a hangover.

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

I'm curious, do most of you keep the characters' original names or do you rename them? I nearly always rename them. I gave Squall the name Thierry for instance. I gave everyone in FF8 a French name. I named Cid in FF4 after my brother, and Celes in FF6 after myself.

2. Solo

Solo New Member

I keep the original names. At first i changed the names but i didnt like how it turned out so i just started over and stuck with the originals...i'm strange :glazed:

3. Firefly

Firefly New Member

I keep the original names. :)

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, with the way Final Fantasies are now, it'll be hard to change any names, other than the main characters. I mean, look at it, there's vocalizations now. But, in the olde days, I'd keep the names of everyone, then beat the game. Then, I'd change them to either my friends' and my names...or use funny ones.

Like Gau. He'd be...Queef. Yup. Queef. Or Cyan would be Fushia (since Fuschia didn't fit). Or Sabin would be Ranma. *nod*

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I like to keep the names they were created with. Dont know why.. probably Because I like the ones they already have.. But for Baldure gate and those games. and Icewind dale you get to make most of your own characters and name them what you want to!..

KaMe

6. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

I named Barrett and Vincent "Mr.T" and "Dracula" respectively on my fourth of fifth play through the game. I just had to.

7. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I'd rather let them have their original names cause it gives it originality or something like that. It's better.

I only changed it the second time I play.

8. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I use to change the names and name the characters after myself and friends. Most of the final fantasy's are of boys though and I felt left out. But now, I keep the original names because it just sounds weird naming them after myself and friends. But on Final Fantasy Tactics, I will name the warriors after myself and friends because they actually play no part in cinemas.

9. Bau

Bau New Member

i rename all the characters after me and my friends, you know i have a friend that looks a lot like cid in FF7. doing this makes the game more fun, i think anyway.

10. Battousai

Battousai New Member

I use to name them after my friends but now I am sticking with the ordinary names. Its always funner to name them after your friends though.

11. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Lol, thats a good idea Battousai! For teh first time I play a game, I always keep origional names. Then later I go back and play again and rename everybody wierd crap, or after liek an anime series it reminded me of, etc. I just have fuun with the names. ^_^

12. Gohan_Darkmoor

Gohan_Darkmoor New Member

I always keep the original names, or a variation of the original.

Examples:
    I always rename Red XIII "Red" and drop the XIII.
    I rename Dagger "Garnet"
    I rename Marle "Nadia" (CT)
    I rename Frog "Glenn" (CT again)
    I rename Robo "Rob#2" (omg, its CT once more!!!)

But I never rename them after friends, no matter how much I've played it. Basically, I give them their true names (except for Red..... I don't like the name Nanaki....) And Rob#2..... that was just one I made up on the spur of the moment :S)

13. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

I think that it's a must to keep the real names or else those characters aren't who they where created to be

14. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I always stick with their original names Tifa was an exception, I changed it to Tifini. It's funny when you change it to something rude. Like: 'You Fool, what are you looking at' ... Well, that wasn't really good, but you get what I'm on about.

15. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I always keep there original names

16. Zanth

Zanth New Member

Usually I stick with the names that come with it... but for FF5, I changed Bartz back to Butz like it's supposed to be, and a few things like that. After beeting it I would occassionally go thru and change names... like I know Gau was changed to something obscene. Annoying litttle pile of pud.

17. Fushigi Rockna

I tend to name all my characters soemthing very, very funny so i cna laugh my head off while playing. XD Let's see.... oh! jack@$$$ is always popular! So is f*****, B****, f***fag it goes on and on.
    Yes i anme them after swears. :D

Other times i try to serious but silly at the same time... I named Squal Antyla one time cause i had Digimon on my mind (ya know Antylamon? hahaha...) and Rinoa Akane and her dog became Hikaru. XP
    I named Tidus Seto. He is so not a seto... I did that in Dark Cloud as well... Toan became Seto and Xiao became Rinna. That's how far I went. ^^ But I would've named Ruby Yui or soemthing like that. ^^

18. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

I always keep the name,i like to play the game without anthing that i edit.i want to play the game it's orginal.

19. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

I keep the reular naes its always beter and FFX only alows you to changr the maincharacter name and the aeons names but i think it sounds more fiting that i keep the otiginal names ans there and there are vocalizations too. i never had a game w/ no vocalizations hey i was only bor 12 years ago. and anyway it looks better but when my dad want to make a game i tell him to name it after himself (don't think he likes that very much)
    to me it sounds more proper:anime:

20. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I'll change their names and name the heroine Toomaa, the hero Kamekazi and the evil guy: Izzy
    :p lol
    I always stick with the original names