Square Enix What do you name your characters?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Migoto Neko, May 11, 2003.

?

What do you name your FF characters?

1. I keep the original names.

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. I change all the names.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. I keep some, change some.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Don't ask me, I have a hangover.

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Stick with the original names, although in Tactics I do have a couple of characters, an Archer and a summoner, named after me!

2. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

Wow! I am really so suprised how many ppl keep the original names. I didn't think there would be so many more votes in that category. Nearly everyone I know in real life changes names in all games, whenever possible.

Hey, I wonder who voted for Don't ask me I have a hangover????

3. the wanderer

the wanderer New Member

originals except for tatics, since they played no part in cinema, i named my chars after friends i named ramza after myself though "Cyrus just sounds better"

4. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I gave Aeris the dumbest name ever. I named her what? because she said "My name is..." I now regret it because i cant under stand if my characters are saying her name or just plain what?

5. shohen

shohen New Member

Somtimes I change them to my name or I keep them If they sound cool

6. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I always keep the original names... Always.

7. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

well, I know you guys get sick of me always reviving old threads..BUT! There are hardly anything else I haven't already posted in. + Mabye some newbies would like to post in it too. I usually..*embarrasment* On FF7 I named myself (Cloud) Korn, Tifa I named Tiffany (after me), Aeries I named (Krisis), and the others I came up with something random. On FF8 I named myself Aj and Roina Tiffany..I know that's gay to name your characters off yourself and your boyfriend, but hem.

8. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I only change the names of the main character, the one you are controling. I don't change names some times but its fun though :D

9. Fushigi Rockna

Okay, time for an update since my last post in this thread. =P

Nowadays, no matter what, the main lead male character is always Seto. Always. My brother calls me gay for doing it, but ya know, I like it. Not just because it's Seto Kaiba, but because it's actually a nice sounding name, period.

Although it was confusing in FF7 when you find out about Red's dad, whose name is Seto. Creeped the crap out of me when I was scrolling through the walkthrough. ("You start talking about Seto...hang on a minute, what!? o_O How does the walkthrough know what I named Cloud? o_O")

As for other characters...there hasn't been a FF game lately where you can name your characters...at least I don't think so. I have no idea if 12 does cause it's not out over here yet. ¬¬ But I think I'd leave them all the same now.

My FF7 file tho, it looks like almost all the characters are renamed. (I can't remember all the names tho because it's been a while since I touched that file and I don't even know what my brother did with the game =/) but I know I didn't name Barret (couldn't think anything) or Vincent (cause. you. just. don't. You don't rename Vincent) It's possible I didn't rename Cid or Yuffie either, cause I can't think of what i called them for the life of me.
    Aerith was a little interesting tho. Since I started that file LONG ago (3 years ago or so I believe? Or maybe just two. Either way, smack dab in the middle of my YGO obsession) and I had Cloud as Seto, i gave her the name of an OC I had paired with Seto in a fic. Quite amusing since they actually acted in a way similar to those characters in the fanfic...especially at the scene where you dress Cloud as a girl. Har.