What does .IE need?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by damnyanks, Jan 25, 2005.

1. damnyanks

damnyanks New Member

Howdy :)

Not too sure if this is the right site to post but oh well :D

.IE seems to be going down more and more due to hardware issues (?). Does Boards require more powerful servers or software packages or is it simply the site is far too big?

I wouldn't mind helping in what way I can do get boards back to normal :D I miss it :p

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmm.. it may not be the site to express your sadness over another board being down. but hopefully boards.jp can be a place for you to hang out and meet new friends in the meantime. doesn't boards.ie have an IRC channel though? Maybe Cloud discusses those things there? I don't know.

3. memphis

memphis New Member

Boards.ie is down once again... I believe its the third time this month. Admins are orking to resolve it as far as I know. I think its something to do with their server. The server pie went down some days ago and they reverted to muppet. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm sure if Cloud is about he can give us an indication of how long it'll be down for, in the meantime, lets post here!

boards.ie get well soon!!!

4. Beruthiel

Beruthiel New Member

pie is borked (quoting DeV there)
    and muppet went wonky yesterday, so I imagine they are all pulling their hair out at the moment, if they have any left......

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Cloud has stated that the boards.ie database is around 2.3 gb, compared to boards.us which is somewhat 3-8 megs big. Kinda explains why it takes a long time to fix it.

Have patience :) Cloud & co are doing their best to fix the board.

- Teddz

6. memphis

memphis New Member

yes, indeed, too true, guess we should look on this as a nice little vacation, lets make the most of it!