FLCL What is FLCL?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Musashi, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Anyone know what the FLCL series is about, and how to find it.

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

FLCL is like, this 1337 4||!|/|3
    anyhow.. FLCL rocks, it's by Gainax (NGE, KareKano, etc.), if that isn't recomendation enough, then just take the music... the Pillows (a J-rock band) produce one of the most amazing soundtracks for a series to date, not your usual J-pop here, this is cool stuff. The series centers around a small town (Mabase) and the odd occurances there as Naota (the son of a local publisher/baker) starts growing a strange horn on his head! This series contains 500% of the RDA for Wierdness in an Anime, all in 6 short episodes. I'd suggest getting it from Gnutella, IRC, or finding an FTP that has it (or talk to me.. if you have a fast connection)

-UK
    -------------
    137'z r0x0r //!7 |>4 9!110//z 411 0/3r 464!||!!!!!!11!!!

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I'm pretty sure no one here knows what that series is about or where to get it. We all just hang out in the FLCL forum for the heck of it [​IMG]

Sorry for the joking. Just be glad I didn't answer your question with "yes" hehe

Really, to explain to much about the series would ruin some of the great surprises, shock and horror and insane laughter that are endemic with a series whose title can mean anything from fliptonic culiple weber syndrome to white meat tweaking.

Good sources are always (EDIT: two years on: the region 1 DVDs are out. :D p2p apps are now taboo for this series)

So anyway, welcome here to the wacky tweaking forum, where you'll soon learn to get down and dirty with the pillows, the coolest band ever whose lyrics I can't understand
    ---------------
    zub sero, I hope you're reading this long post [​IMG]
    7|-|3 9!110//5 //4//!4 r37ur//5 4|-|4|-|4|-|4444!!!! //typo edit hehe

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hey, Musashi! come on over sometime and watch it at my place(avi form though...) [​IMG]
    This anime is kick ass and weirdness tied into perfection!! with great music and fighting!

hmmm, I got mine off of Morpheus and Winmx...can't get edonkey2000 to work [​IMG]

------------------------------------

/|-||-||-|, the 9!110//z r0x0n!!!!

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

In response to the "how to find it" question, it has now been released in the US on DVD, so we at m2a do not condone or encourage it's downloading. Besides, you should be supporting anime releases like this, as it is just damn cool. BUY IT YOU BASTARDS OR YOU SHALL ROT IN HELL!!!!

-DrunkLeprachaun, HRKR moderator

6. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Or you can just watch it on Adult Swim.

FLCL rocks!!!! I like Haruko, even though she's...well....i'm not saying just in case you want to find out on your own. :p

7. xev

xev New Member

FLCL has got to be the most strange, weird, and misunderstood anime I have ever watched. Half of the stuff on it, I don't get.
    I'm lost......

:confused: :dizzy2: :confused: :dizzy2:

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

With dubbed voices? eww^tm.

regarding downloads: yes, ignore what I said 2 years ago. There is now a region 1 release, so you can legally pay too much money for it.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

FLCL is like a really weird anime...next to Excel Saga...except this anime has more meaning and order...I guess.,..

10. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

I liked the dubbed voices, though i havent seen the original yet, but it seemed right. I loved Haruko's dubbed voice, it added to her cooky personality.

11. Splastic

Splastic New Member

Try understanding the whole thing as a metaphor for puberty, as Naota matures and comes to grips with it. It made a lot more sense when I saw it that way.

12. Haruko Haruhara

Haruko Haruhara New Member

I think it makes good sense! Since Ive watched it so much! I can see it pretty clearly in my head!! And I also thought the dub was good1 I have the first dvd. So Ive only seen two eps in Japanese. Id download it but my computer is not worthy!! lol!

13. Atomsk

Atomsk New Member

I think I know what FLCL is about

Ok here is goes. Haruko is a 19 year old member of the Space Police who comes to earth chasing a being composed entirely of energy known as Atomsk. Although she is a member of the space police, Haruko is very self centered and wishes to capture Atomsk so that she can consume his energy and steal his power ( Atomsk has enough power too steal planets). When she finds that he isn't on earth, she opens inter-dimensional transport waves in Naota (main character's) head by hitting him with a guitar. Transporting stuff across the galaxy is a huge gamble, but at the end of the first episode, Haruko manages to pull Atomsk out of Naota's head. Now Medical Mechanica, the space Police affiliates on earth, are trying to destroy Haruko and recpature Atomsk (who posses the robot known as Kanti). Below all this chaos is the story of Naota's coming of age.

14. naota_phan

naota_phan New Member

.:story:.

Furi Kuri is full of misteries that are going to be develated (I guess) in the final OAV or in the movie. Due to this, there isn't a very clear argumental line and that's why I'm going to comment more or less the argue and avoid spoilers, of course ^_^.

The story is placed in a city called Mabase wich has the Medichal Mechanica plant. The male starring is a 12 years-old boy called Naota and the female starring is a 19 years-old (suposed) girl called Haruko who ran into Naota with her Vespa. From one day to another, this tall girl is living in Naota's house.

One night, when Naota went out to look for Mamimi (her brother's girlfriend), a strange robot appears. Suddenly, this tall and tv-headed red robot called Kanchi (aka Canti, TV-Kun) started to fight against a hand-formed evil robot who came out from the Medichal Mechanica and Haruko hepls him (or it?).

The story of FLCL is developed around this base. In every OAV, new evil robots appears and Kanchi and Haruko fights against them, new characters appears and the relationship between them is treated.

The plot of Furi Kuri is very weird and is a must-see anime. With FLCL, Gainax is doing something different to the rest of the anime series (like they always do) and very original too.

15. Atomsk

Atomsk New Member

16. naota_phan

naota_phan New Member

17. Lizzy-kun

Lizzy-kun New Member

::Furi Kuri Furi Kura::

Furi Kuri ROCKS PYONG!!! Best show ever!!! I've never become so deeply obsessed with a show until I saw this!!! Haruko kicks some serious butt!! I like it so much I'm actually writting a report on it for my writing class and I even asked my teacher if we could watch the show in class and he said we could!!! I can spread the madness!!!

Attached Files:

18. PyroManiac

PyroManiac New Member

You can find it on Adult Swim on Cartoonnetwork. (I don't know if they're still giving it).
    It's a grate show, you should see it :) .

19. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

Anyone heard of The Pillows they play the songs on the show and Im a big fan :anime:

Attached Files:

20. Ellosde Pauk

Ellosde Pauk New Member

If youre still having some trouble understanding a few aspects of FLCL try this site: http://flclarchive.8k.com But I kinda doubt you will really need too. :D Those other sites can really explain it.