What is Negima!?

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Seishin, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

A lot of people have asked around this question, well, now i'm putting this thread to tell you about this Anime.

The title is originaly called "Mahou Sensei Negima", which will translate to "Magical Teacher Negi".

This is the story about a ten year old wizard. When he graduated from Magic school, he was to be given a task, as part of his training. The task he recived was unexpected:"Become a teacher in Japan". For the most of us this would sound easy, but for Negi only being 10, and so short would be difficult, since he wouldn't be taken seriously.

What Negi didn't know, is that the school, and the class in which he will be teaching is an all-girls class. As you can expect, practically all the girls are good looking here. But is Negi really up to the challenge of teaching, and being a wizard at the same time?

It may not sound hard, but there's lots of things that will happen, and it's Negi's task, to protect her students.

So, basically, it's a kick a** anime. I haven't really heard many thoughts on this ainme/manga yet, so the point of this thread is kinda obvious: what are your thoughts on this new work by Ken Akamatsu?

-Seishin
    (700 Posts! The Force is with me!)

2. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

yea, I just answered Rane's question on the Japanese of Englsih manga thread. My thoughts, which i guess I will say again is that I coulnt continue watching because I found it tiresome frankly after about 3 eps. This harem shoujo thing is not my cup of tea however, and I can only take so many girls in school rooms type scenes. I think the only anime which has this kind of theme that I actually like (and i like it a lot!) is Mai-Hime.

I think Negi is also too much based on Harry Potter as a type - western boy, slight built, glasses, wizard... oviously the role is reversed. Its a reverse-role Harry Potter in a harem.

Obviously this is a quality made anime which will have a lot of fans, but frankly I don't think it's a classic.

Same guy who did Love Hina, ne?