what is the best part of rurouni kenshin? what do u like most?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by lovehieikenshin, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

hmmmmm.....

Well, I just loooovee the swords and fighting techniques and all the art, I just can't stand the art and wise words! Sorry, I'm having mood swings, :sweat2: .

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

you didnt like the art? wow...most people do... The anime I thought was a bit sketchy in the fact that it swung from excellent animation to horrible animation. but the Manga was incredible...i can honestly say ive almost never seen such good detail in a manga like that...other than say Clamp.

3. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i like everything! but i really like Kenshins personality. He is so kind and often acts like a housewife( so funny!). By looking at his daily life u would never guess that he is actually a legendary manslayer, and thats what i love about RK! And i also like the idea that a short man like Kenshin can still be a very good fighter and have a good personality. I also like the idea of fighting but not killing people.

4. Himura_Mitsuki

Himura_Mitsuki New Member

I cudn agree more!!

True that! Everything! The whole concept of Rurouni Kenshin, from the characters to the historical references to the songs/soundtrack, makes it an evergreen anime. Watsuki should be proud!

Goodness knows just how many times I've watched the series. Even my parents loved it! My dad loved the OVA: Trust and Betrayal. He even recommended it to my bro in law... hahhhaha :anime:

I remembered when i first saw the art of the OVA, I thought it looked kinda weird. Guess it's because I'm so used to watching the anime series. Now I prefer the OVA art. It's more realistic sumhow.

5. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

I loved the first OVA, Trust and Betrayal. I loved the relationship between Kenshin and Tomoe.

6. ShinigamiSenshi

ShinigamiSenshi New Member

i loved all the characters in Kenshin. the whole Kenshin's group thing was great. the story was great although it started off a little too slow in the beginning. once it hit the Kyoto arc i was completely hooked. it went downhill in the anime after that tho :(

i also loved the OAV eps. the Samurai X OAV was one of the most amazing pieces of work ive ever layed my eyes upon. beautiful plot and character development. the animation was quite stunning too. also the Seisouhen OAV was quite good. my only beef with the OAVs is that they usually end rather sad. i was almost brought to tears after watching Seisouhen :p

7. bluefuzyslipper

bluefuzyslipper New Member

I just read a Kenshin volume and it is AWESOME!!!!! I love it when Kenshin says "Oro??" I find that hilarious!!!!! Oro!! Oro!!! Oro!!! :catgirl:

8. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i like the sword fighting and the charecters personalities.
    they are cool :anime:
    i agree bluefuzyslipper i like it when kenshin says oro too

9. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

i like that too but does any one know what it really means? i don't. but i have a guess i think it means what the h**l but i'm not sure :anger2: and i want to know!

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

its part of his dialect. it means the equivelent of "huh?"

11. HimuraKenshin

HimuraKenshin New Member

i say the best part is got to be the crazy fights wen kenshin gets WICKED mad and goes man slayer beats a guy up then whoever is near him calms him down :sweat:

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

Spoiler!

in episode 30 youll find out that thats not true. no matter how much Kaoru calls his name Kenshin doesnt hear her

13. Yugi_Boy

Yugi_Boy New Member

Best part? The action of course. Especially when Kenshin turns on "Battousai Mode". :anime:

14. Dante_Torashin

Dante_Torashin New Member

SPOILER FOR THE OVA 1

my fav parts are when Kenshin is with Tomoe in that house in the mountain. i love it how they start to fall inlove, of course the sad part where Kenshin kills Tomoe...

15. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Oh, no,no,no,no,no! I don't mean it that way! I love the art, except for when it swings around yeah. I also love the music, except when it's dubbed cause' the musics all shortened. :anger2: :anime: :sweat2: :anime: And My fav character, is SOUJIRO... YAY SOUJIRO!!!! Oh one more thing, I can't stand, as in I really don't like it when Kenshin runs his enigizer bunny mouth and ruins things. Like Soujiro... :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: *snivel* :sweat2: :anime:

16. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

the fact that a lot of the attacks are REAL attacks. it would be boring if they all were, but doing something epic looking with something that people can really do.... that just rules.

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

well...there are a lot of real styles in RK. Such as, Tennen Rishin Ryuu of the Shinsengumi. i think what is more realistic is that all the styles Watsuki-Sensei created, is that they're all more or less based on the laws of physics and are all based on basic moves used in kenjutsu and iaijutsu. there are some questionable techniques such as Kenshin's Kuzu Ryuu Sen, or his Do Ryuu Sen. there are some techniques, while doable in terms of realistic kenjutsu practice, that will not have the same results. The first is the Ryuu Tsui Sen (Dragon Hammer Flash) while this technque is dirived from the fact that many swordsmen of the old world had trouble defending from the air, its throughly impossible to jump high enough to get into that position. Second is the Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki. a Nidan Battoujutsu stance. while it is possible to make both steps of the move, it will never have the power that the Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki has.

as a note, Saitou's Gatotsu, while based on a real technique, was made up by Watsuki Sensei.

18. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

absolutely every thing!!!
    all is great
    its funny,sad, intrigin(did i speel it right?),awesome, gorgeous, radicool, cool songs i would say too hehehh
    soem of the bests songs are in this anime
    misao

19. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

my favorite is the ring insident when kenshin relizes what signifigance the ring holds to kaoru!!

i also like the part where he thinks kaoru is going to commit suicide and sees her in the bathtub!!!

[​IMG]

oh i love that picture!!!! :bleed:

the saddest one is the goodbye scene!!

[​IMG]

20. STRONGEST

STRONGEST New Member

I enjoyed very much how unpredictable the story was, mostly during the first saga against Makoto Shishio, who in BTW one of the BEST villains ever created for any manga or comic. :cool: